ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped 172 Turbo

Stage 2 172 Turbo
hopefully get the last few bits finished on Wednesday then book it in for mapping. Not long now:approve:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
excellent stuff mate, hope u get the figures ur looking for, spec list says yes!lol

182kev

I've just rear this whole thread from start to present and i must say,AWESOME!

Alot of hard work and effort gone into this not to mention cash,will all be worth it in the end :)

106 GTI
Just read the whole thread, amazing work and love how subtle its going to look exterior wise

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Has this been rolling roaded yet????

Nope, not yet. Car is actually finished now except for and exhaust and mapping but kind of lost interest in the project at the moment so haven't touched it (or even seen it for that matter!!) in 4 weeks. Will have to do something with it soon though because its mad having it just sat there:eek:

RS RIP
^^ alway like this.. interest on+off ;) c'mon !!
Mine has been in the shop just for cams + stuff and it's taking forever because of some situations.. I'm loosing interest too after 3 weeks

BUT; when it's done you'll be thrashing along and the interest will be there again for another week or so.. :D

a man's got to have his hobbies ! ;)

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Been a long time but finally pulled my finger out and decided I need to get this finished. Car is now booked in at ktec on Feb 4th for final mapping and tweeking so hopefully be on the road by March:D

Going over to check the car, fit battery and make sure its ready to go tomorrow, this will be the first time I have seen it in 8 weeks!!
Will put up some final completed pic later.

Chris

Inspiring work...

this car puts a lot of 'pro tuners' work to shame tbh. They can learn a lot from your attention to detail and general quality of work.

what a lovely car!

would love it as my day to day run about!

you stripped it but left the AC in, how come?

i think it will have more than enough power to cope with the few Kilo's the aircon weighs ;)
I would still want aircon to be functional if it were my car too...

Lionel Richie
that tensioner looks like its in the wrong position
06-08-08007.jpg

this is how it should look
CWB177.jpg

did you ever check the tension?

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Why strip the interior if it's got enough power to cope then?

Doesn't the AC add like 15kgs?

Same reason I didn't buy a cup, saved weight where I don't need it ( got a company car so don't need interior etc) but can have the things I did still want ie: a/c and xenon's. Car will mainly be used on the road so will still be able to kill evo's & m3's etc in retative comfort

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Sorry guys, no pics as I forgot the camera todyay . However on the plus side, the car fired into life for the first time today. started first time but idle'd a bit high as it's still on the standard ECU until it goes to Ktec.

Got all the final bits sorted like fitting battery and box in the boot, re adjusting the coilovers as they had settled too much on the front and tidying up some of the wiring.

Fred, yes I did re check the timing/ tension and everything looked to be as it should be. Thanks for you advise though mate and if it all goes wrong please don't say told you so!!

Will get some pics next time:eek:

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Nice one, now i have read this the 182 will never stay standard !:D

Wilson

Good lad, would never have stayed standard anyway would it mate!

Hope you got deep pockets though, these things get bloody expensive, just don't tell Tracy:quiet:

Last edited:
Good lad, would never have stayed standard anyway would it mate!

Hope you got deep pockets though, these things get bloody expensive, just don't tell Tracy:quiet:

Ha Ha i priced up half of the ktec site, before i even picked the car up.
Are you going there on the 4th Feb ?
Dont worry mate your secret is safe :D

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Ha Ha i priced up half of the ktec site, before i even picked the car up.
Are you going there on the 4th Feb ?
Dont worry mate your secret is safe :D

No, just sending the car down with one of the transport companys we use at work, will be going down a couple of weeks later to pick her up if you want to come down, think there will be a few of us going and tbh may need and extra pair of hands to push if I kill it on the way home!!

No, just sending the car down with one of the transport companys we use at work, will be going down a couple of weeks later to pick her up if you want to come down, think there will be a few of us going and tbh may need and extra pair of hands to push if I kill it on the way home!!

Ha Ha reminds me of your Cossie.......oh its been a mile time too die !
I will be up for that, as i am sure Nick will also (need to work on him mapping the 230).

wait and see ;)
just read the full thread, absolute credit to you mate you have done an exceptional job this is how a turbo conversion should be done:) keep up the great work