ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sunroof leak on a mk1

Renult Clio V6
hi guys i hav a mk1 1.2 rl clio an the sunroof started leakin yesterday after sum very heavy rain, i took the interor light out an i first thought it was da ariel bt its nt :dapprove: i no this is a common fault with da old clios does anybody no were an wat i should do 2 stop it leakin?? please help i gt very wet yesterday :mad:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Silicon around it. The aerial base does often leak as well.

Or alternativly .....

IMG_1484.jpg

;)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Take the whole thing out including the surround and seal it with silicone.

Renult Clio V6
i hav had a look at it 2day an i cnt seem 2 c were it is cummin in from :S how does the water drain away?? any ideas were it cud b cummin in?? pls help

Renult Clio V6
it is defo the sunroof da ariel was dry an as i had all da interior light out all tht crap it cam from da sunroof i gt a load of water on ma lap, an it cam from da left side wen turnin a corner!! an nt a huge amount cam from da otherside!! :dapprove: any ideas??

Mk1 Clio
i have the same issue with my Mk1 as well.......

Are there any sunroof drain tubes at all? i know on other cars i have had i have been able to get an airline and clean out the tubes.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
i have the same issue with my Mk1 as well.......

Are there any sunroof drain tubes at all? i know on other cars i have had i have been able to get an airline and clean out the tubes.
No, clios are standard after fit, and well, are not drained.

Options are.

Take out sunroof after having head cloth down and sealing the sides around the sunroof.

However mine was leaking there aswell as the ariel, so unbolted that, cleaned up and dried then sealed that too.

Clio is now leak free for the better.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Myne used to leak through both the aerial bit and the two front corners of the sunroof "seal". Unscrew the aerial holder out first and put a load of silicon in there before screwin it down tight then get someone to put a small screwdriver under the seal on the sunroof an slighly angle it up so u can get silicon underneath it, do that all the way round and it should do the trick

Mk1 Clio
cheers for that.....

I will pull the whole lot apart, clean it up and then reseal it with silicone.....

that's my weekend sorted then

Renult Clio V6
Thanks for that i will have a look when i get home on friday!! iam getting very wet in the mean time :dapprove: iam trying 2 keep the car warm 2 dry the roof lining out as it is soaked at the mo :dapprove:

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
What i did, was i actually disconnected my plugs for the sunvisors and just had them hanging, then took all the fixings down and drove around with the headcloth down and stuck a roll of masking tape inbetween the roof and lining and had the heaters on HOT full on windscreen all the time. Worked a treat and dried the whole car headlining out.

Try that and see if that helps dry it quicker.