ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged MK1 F4R track car project

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Mk1 Hybrid rebuild

any idea on what the brake pedal travel is like with those brembos? Im debating picking up a 172 master cylinder and servo fro mine.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

I would probably buy one mate. I think I'm going to. I have a fair bit of travel.

Todays work

Car.jpg

Car005.jpg

Car003.jpg

1.4 clio s maxim

awesome wee project, I'm currently starting the work to turn my wee 1.4 into a 1.8 for the track, stripped it all out. Much more work to do before i get onto a stage like yourself. Keep up the good work pal. ps love the color :D

Trophy #473

Its drivable, feels like an extra 10-15% travel compaired to standard but I think it may need a rebleed as it feels a little soft.

Clio Hybrid / S3

Havant heard anything much from Danny, will have a word tonight see if there's any updates!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have been away from the whole clio scene for a very long time now. My clio has just been sitting on the drive as I gradually lost interest in it. I had my heart set on another car but it never materialised in the end.

So here I am, a few hundred pounds in the bank and a half finished clio that needs a roll cage, buckets seats, harnesess and a MOT to be driveable. So I have decided to finish it. Cage is being purchased this weekend. Seats and harnesses in the next couple of weeks and then ill get it MOT'd.

Gonna be doing some track days this year and then it will be for sale in the winter to make way for something else.

Pictures to follow some time soon. ;)

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Ok, I have been shopping. Bought a pair of these with black side mounts

POLEPOSITION%20VELOUR%20BLACK.JPG

I have also bought an OMP 6 point roll cage.

I have to wait 2 weeks for my seats but my cage will be here tomorrow hopefully so ill get some pictures of it when it's in.

Wooooooooo :clap:

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Progress from the weekend
Cage trial fitted to make sure it was ok.

1c647ae8.jpg

e6e64c18.jpg

Weld the beaut in.

56022b13.jpg

9def62a1.jpg

Clear all the tar off the floor and generally tidy it up.

a782545b.jpg

0bed5643.jpg

309fcd1f.jpg

9ed52b2b.jpg

e7630c60.jpg

Hopefully my seats will be here next week and I can make up some subframes and get them mounted in. Then i'll fit my harnesses that I got this week. Getting there! I need to make a trip to a scrap yard to get a few little bits and bobs.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

Thats f**king sexual. I prefer the turbines though

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

I need some fuel lines that run under the car.
The opening mechanism, plastic connector clips and smalls bars that open the drivers side door.
Bonnet vent
ph1 drivers door bump strip

Cant think what else but they are the major ones.

Ill add them as i think of them. :D

Last edited:
  Phase 1 172

got all the above mate except door strip. you want the fuel lines complete from fuel rail to pump? :approve:

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Update.
Seats arrived so i put them with the harnesses to see what they looked like.
Made a subframe up today and fitted one seat in.

d6d898bf.jpg

7cb7a4d4.jpg

aac53b7a.jpg

98eb25ed.jpg

0b5b5626.jpg

clio mk1 RSI

nice work mate, your so lucky that cambelt didnt snap that woulda been sore on the pocket

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Ok, so the MOT is tomorrow. Finished it off today. Here are the pictures as it is now.

b0f29336.jpg

Made up a battery bracket and bolted it to the rear arch.

76dcc5af.jpg

ef36a5f4.jpg

369f3ee8.jpg

72b42fba.jpg

Here are the Twingo pedals fitted. I think they look awesome. Thanks Nath!

9d64a068.jpg

987d929c.jpg

0d788936.jpg

Lets see what happens tomorrow then!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

So, it failed basically.

I have bought some AVO coilovers and AST top mounts.
Heading up to Cliospares on friday to pick up some 172 driveshafts, hubs, wishbones, arb and front calipers.
Then I will machine the hubs and struts to suit at work. Going to pop accross to Mat Brown to get a Williams steering rack on Saturday. Thats all the bits sorted for the front end. Need a patch of welding doing at the back end. This should be done sometime next week. Then I just need to get a horn, wire that up and then fit the cat.
I also bought a kit to renew the bushes in the gear stick and shorten the throw. Will fit this while I have it up on stands replacing the front end.

Pictures to follow.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

172 bits blasted and cleaned up.
b26e0193.jpg

Machined hubs to fit mk1 struts
f12fb668.jpg

172 cup servo and master cylinder
791cd8ec.jpg

Mk1 F4R

looking good danny :cool:
What steering rack you going for... im using a williams one as a non pas and im sure its 2 1/4 turns lock to lock

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Im gonna use a Williams rack also. I need to go and pick it up this weekend. What other racks can be used?
My coilovers should arrive friday apparently, then I just have to wait for my AST top mounts that I bought in the group buy. Apparently they are going to arrive when the moons of jupiter have alligned with the sun to form cosmic peace.... ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome. Whats the engine spec now? Still the same?

Ive said it a million times before. Best car ive owned although a little different now..haha

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Hi Tom, Its still the same engine spec really. Nothings changed there, no need to really. Its an awesome engine.

I recieved my coilovers today. I opened the box and noticed that it said "Clio 16v 90>" so I checked out the part numbers on AVO's site to find that they were the wrong ones.
I phoned up and the guy I spoke to was like "but the Williams is a 16v, its just a 2.0 instead of a 1.8" :headno:
After he checked the parts numbers he agreed to pick the coilovers up and send me out the right ones. Dunno how long they will take. Im thinking of getting the whole lot powder coated while its all off. Dunno if its worth it though.
I ordered some powerflex bushes and all the metal clips and bolts for my 172 ARB today. I almost have everything, the only thing i am struggling to find now if a couple of 12mm brake pipe fittings. im sure ill find someone who will sell me 2. Not a minimum of 50. LOL

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

So, I discovered the 172 ARB doesnt fit. :( I was told it would to begin with.
I think I am going to make one up. Not sure yet. Might just use the Williams ARB for now. This is what happened today.
Ready to assemble when my coilovers arrive.

I have learnt not to deal with Demon Tweeks ever again. Im not happy with thier service at all.
I recieved the wrong coilovers. I knew this because it had the wrong car model on the side of the box. I rang up and after them telling me the Williams was a 16v, and thats why I have been sent them, they checked part numbers and agreed they were the wrong part. They arranged a courier to pick them up the next day. I put them back in the box the way I recieved them, taped it up and left it with goods out at work for the next day. They were collected on the 2nd of july, after I had waited 7 days for them to arrive in the first place. So 9 days later, I recive an email from customer service telling me they have "just received them, and we found some damage on them." They said they would send them back to AVO for inspection. I rang them up and explained that they had arranged a courier because they were the wrong ones and that the damage must have been caused in transit, not by me. They said they would take it into account and let me know what happens.
After about 45mins, after I had drove to work I was pretty pissed off and rang them back up. The guy kinda spoke to me like an idiot, expecting me to know thier company protocol for returns and said that I would have to wait atleast another 10 days before I would have my coilovers.
Not happy.

9722de31.jpg

fedb34dc.jpg

38b820bf.jpg

78a2273b.jpg

2b3b0f0a.jpg

252ece4f.jpg

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

0fd545d0.jpg

Coilovers arrived today. Earlier than expected....

2 problems to overcome.

1. The spring cups for my ASTs are too big to fit inside the springs. Need to dremmel the springs a bit to make them fit.

2. There doesnt seem to be a lot of meat around the strut to hub holes. I think I will have to sleeve the hubs, making the holes smaller to take the MK1 bolts.

BALL ACHE!

CLIO PH1 172
Re: MK1 F7R track car project

im running mintex 1148's and they seem spot on! everybody will tell you ds2500's though