ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged MK1 F4R track car project

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1
Re: MK1 F7R track car project

Ah, ok. Might have a shop around for some tomorrow. I briefly remember people talking about carbon lorraines? Anybody had any experiance with those?

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Sleeves made for 172 hubs.

7f948a73.jpg

3cc90d56.jpg

I also managed to get the srping cups to fit in the end. Used a flap wheel on a drill and took some metal off the spring.
Gonna go and fit it all now, just trying to buy some DS2500s first.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

b****cks!
Snapped a track rod end off in my Williams rack. Ill drill it out at work tomorrow.

1f56adbe.jpg

56644483.jpg

While I was stuck with assembling the rest of my car, I decided to fit my stiff shift to my gear shifter.

In bits!

25e12aaf.jpg

In the car all fitted.

70ea730c.jpg

518e542a.jpg

Took about half an hour, a bit fidily, but its done!

More progress tomorrow, im hoping for most of it to be done. Fingers crossed.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Me and nathan had a good day putting all the new stuff on the car today. got quite a lot done, just need to put the brakes system on. then its done. Just one problem, the coilovers are the wrong ones again!

I fit them today and noticed that a few things were wrong. The thickness of my machioned hubs are 22mm. This is the MK1 thickness, the coilovers i recieved are about 26mm. also, the camber is way out. With the AST's on full neg camber, they are a little positive. I just spoke to Laine and looked at a few pictures of his AVOs to see that they are completley different. FFS!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

New Decat pipe made up today.
Flexi tube and it's sleeved for length adjustment.

5c8f4caa.jpg

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

So I have had some issues with my brakes this week. I was trying to bleed them after fitting a all the 172 bits and I couldnt get the NSR caliper to bleed. After a lot of pursuing and swearing I decided to bite the bullet and take the compensator valve off. This required a pair of side cutters and a 13mm socket. All the Unions were seized! :D

Once I got that off I found that it was blocked, so I set about trying to find a new one. Went down to the scrap yard and all the mk1 clios didnt have one. After some research I found that they were only oin the 1.8 and the williams. So I decided to ring Renault up to buy a new one. Turns out they dont sell them anymore.
I decided to just pipe it up without a compensator because my front suspension is dead stiff and hopefully the rear suspension wont be moving enough for it to matter.

Bled it all up and lowered it to the floor with the new AVOs on it. Looks awesome but is far too low and I cant steer it really. Need to set it all up and adjust the height. Here are some pictures.

bcc993f4.jpg

40b2badb.jpg

0fc54bb8.jpg

9b4a04fb.jpg

81c4f4e7.jpg

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

It passed the MOT
B/E died after 70 miles
Bought an F4R and gearbox
Gonna fit it next weekend
Should be back on the road very soon, but faster.

Good ole F7Rs........................ after the cambelt snapped on mine I did the same, never looked back.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Old engine out and working parts sold.
Anyone wants a JC5-014 gearbox, £150 ono. :D

Picked up the F4R and box, somehow fitted it in the back of my Lupo as one piece. Was hilarious shoehorning it in. :D

02be9bf3.jpg

936c220f.jpg

d8bbc875.jpg

JDM Dc2

Gutted about the bottom end man :(

glad you got it through MOT tho, will be a quick un' with the F4R in then get some trackdays in!

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Yeah, hopefully you won't be at any of the trackdays i'm at to destroy me in your rapid Fiesta. :rasp:

JDM Dc2

be good to get to some trackdays next year to compare like

adam cant drive then cos i ''pissed all over him'' at the last 2 trackdays?, lolz

He can, its just his engine is w*nk. Hence why we used piss all over him lol. Still, you're video 'Pushing Adam Anderton Round' was a LOL of a title, as that would never happen with your crabmobile....

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Engine in, Couldnt get it to tun properly at all. Ill have another go tomorrow.

b4b02baa.jpg

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Wouldnt idle. Just spluttering and stalling. The only thing I didnt have connected was the lambda sensor, dunno if that would have made any difference. Need to fit the exhaust and try again tomorrow.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Oh, bit stuck then. Ill have to check everything over tomorrow.
Any chance you could send me all your pdf's on 172 conversion that you have please? I cant access them off your site!

Tried different HT leads and/or coilpack? Has the cambelt been done recently?

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Its ok, i sorted it. Turned out to be an air leak. School boy error. :eek:

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Took it for a very steady drive today. Doubt I got much over 40mph. as I was driving home it cut out. Wouldnt start back up. Fuel pump wasnt priming.
After a nosey round I founf the 25A engine managment fuse had blown. Put a new one in and it blew straight away. I will have to investigate further! Any ideas?

ITB'd MK1

I've just spoken to Laine who told me you'd changed the cambelt with NO locking tools at all

FFS

I'm assuming as you didn't follow the timing procedure, that you didn't use the correct torque and angle settings for the crank pulley. PLEASE don't drive it of even run the engine until you've done it right

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

The engine is fine and is timed correctly. Out of respect for the handful of people who have told me to get the tools and do it properly, I will wait till I receive the correct tools before running it again.
Thinking of buying an omex 600.

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Thanks Jord, but Laine has said he will send me the tools. Is there a workshop manual to tell me how to do it "properly" anywhere?

SG 200 Cup+F4R'd MK1

Sorted now, it had blown a relay somehow. Kinda happy that the ecu isnt broken, because i was about to be really stupid and buy throttle bodies and an omex 600. haha

BMW M5 & E36

Don't bloody break that ECU, it's been by far the most reliable of everyone running a mk1 172!