ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Ph1 172

SQ5
Few pics from tonight of how it stands at the moment. Currently running 0.1 bar of boost with the ocassional peak of 0.2! About 190bhp and 160 lb/ft. Different restrictor plate being fitted next week to allow it to run 250 odd at 0.6 bar of boost.

DPP_0006Large.jpg

DPP_0007Large.jpg

DPP_0008Large.jpg

DPP_0010Large.jpg

DPP_0011Large.jpg

Sweet. I bet it's not shy at all !
What cooour are the wheels ? (what paint did you use?) They look dirty in the pics?

S4 Avant
I should have asked for a ride when I had the chance :dapprove:

Looks like fun! How are they other bits holding up though with the added power? Mounts, gearbox etc...

SQ5
Your gona S*IT your pants with 250bhp then :)

Very cool engine mod :approve:

I'm now used to the power, so yes it will need some more getting used to with anoth 60 odd!

I should have asked for a ride when I had the chance :dapprove:

Looks like fun! How are they other bits holding up though with the added power? Mounts, gearbox etc...

So far it all seems ok, getting a bit of vibration now on accelerating, but I've got a trackday tomorrow so we'll see how it holds out!

Can we have some videos please :) Looks ace.

very nice mate, look forward to sme vids!

I have got a few ;)

Looks cool! Get that intercooler painted matt black for stealth I reckon, got some camber on the front there also!

Camber needs to be adjusted, all over the place at the moment so will do that in the morning! As cool as it looks though ;)

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers for all the good comments. Sifted through the videos, they are of an average quality and now uploading.

What would you like to know :)

Spec, Spec, Spec....... What have you had done? SUPERCHARGER! How? Who? Where?

SQ5
Was done at RSTuning in Leeds, great lads, kept me up to date on everything all the way through and were great about everything.

Its running a Ph2 engine w/
Rotrex C30-94 Charger
Custom alloy Radiator
Custom Intercooler (Bolts to rad)
Mocal Oil Cooler (Bolts to rad)
Brackets to suit charger
Bigger injectors
ITG Filter
Custom mapping
Matched inlets
Powerflow/Magnex/Ktec exhaust parts

Running around 190bhp.

Suspension is FK Konigsports, uprated engine and gearbox mount. Brakes are Ferodo DS2500 and Brembo HC Discs.

SQ5
Couple of videos!

[youtube]AmB_5HVk_L8[/youtube]

[youtube]cv5GDm4Fkpc[/youtube]

[youtube]UDEfPocCJTw[/youtube]

[youtube]ApdWG2cR8Hs[/youtube]

Hopefully get some off road daytime videos tomorrow at some point!

alien green rs133
i cant wait for my second ride out in it, with more booooost, as ATM it propper shifts, i was flabber gastered, but then bens @ 252 seemed to just pull away as if we were stood still WOW

danny we swap cars for 5 mins at somepoint ?? ITB's :D

DMS

A thirsty 172
There seems to be a lot of 'charged Clio's about at the minute. Boosted Clio mini-meet? :D

Sounds great though mate. Will be awesome with more power.

White Evo V
There seems to be a lot of 'charged Clio's about at the minute. Boosted Clio mini-meet? :D

Sounds great though mate. Will be awesome with more power.

Boosted mini meet would be awesome!! And there aint alot of us about! only 5 I think, and one of them aint really a road car tbh! Just two of us with the RS Tuning conversion so far :D

Wait till you get boost increased Danny! :eek:
I should of let you have a blast in mine, although it would kinda ruin the suprise for you. Stripped mine out now too, god it feels alot quicker believe it or not!

M2 Competition
Sorry fella, but do you not have any open roads near you? Vids of you blatting around a town centre (regardless of time of night) dont really impress me much.

clio rs
Sorry fella, but do you not have any open roads near you? Vids of you blatting around a town centre (regardless of time of night) dont really impress me much.

im impressed:D

but its more noise than go, but hard tell from the vid.
its this is bettter conversion than a 'turbo'

DMS

A thirsty 172
its this is bettter conversion than a 'turbo'

I'd answer yes and no to that because it completely depends what you want out of the car.

The supercharger conversion is cheaper and I'd imagine the power is more usable since it's always there and the boost increases progressively with the revs.

However at the moment there's no supercharger conversion that allows you to keep the air con, which is why I went for the turbo conversion instead. I use my air con often because I'm a sweaty cvnt and for now the car is going to be my daily driver. Also, with the turbo conversion the power and torque kind of comes all in one go. I'd imagine it will be harsher on the drivetrain because of this.

SQ5
doesn't look any quicker than a stock 172 from the vids...Just a bit louder.

Its not much, the power delivery is just more constant. After having it around Snetterton today it is quicker than other Clios

Loads of open roads and a track which I do use. Not in any of the videos do I go over the speed limit as everywhere is a 30 and not once do I get into second gear on the short blast videos.

The supercharger conversion is cheaper and I'd imagine the power is more usable since it's always there and the boost increases progressively with the revs.

I wanted a more progressive power due to tracking the car! There are pros and cons for both. Definitely down to preference

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Video certainly doesnt do it any favours.

I like it, but a good video showing speed and quickness on a nice road would be better.

So what is planned for this other than this mod which is done.

SQ5
No the video doesnt look slow or sound quiet! I've made some videos of being on track today so I'll get the up eventually :)

Nothing much planned now, just need another bucket seat and a cage really for now!

Z4
What is the cost of the whole conversion? 3k?

Same question for a turbo :)

Epic little car. I'd have the wheels done black, they look tatty in that colour

SQ5
What is the cost of the whole conversion? 3k?

Same question for a turbo :)

Epic little car. I'd have the wheels done black, they look tatty in that colour

£3.5k plus the VAT I think there are 3 different turbo conversions so can't comment on prices.

The cars not meant to look pretty, it does the job its meant too. But I've another set ready to go black again and these will be trak only wheels with new legislation of semi slicks coming in