ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged Sunflower + Forged Engine + Brembos + Recaros + 16" F1s

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Such a fookin fast car!

Went out for a bit of a blast tonight when Craig picked the bumper up. Verrrry impressed, and i gotta say the power delivery is as good as if not better than any turbo car I've driven, instant power and torque. The throttle is a 300+hp button with a loooad of grip.
Seriously made me think about taking the potato off and putting a supercharger on.

Glad it made an impression on you mate being a turbo man & all :)[/FONT]

What suspension are on this btw. . Ive prob read it already. ;)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]FK coilovers & 197 Brembo 4pots with brembo discs & pads, 197 goodridge lines.[/FONT]

Best car on the site without a doubt.

Thanks mate but I don't no about that, there is some very nice clios on this forum.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thanks lads, tbh the paintwork is good for a car it's age & I drive it hard I'm just being abit OCD lol. & I don't think it would fetch much due to it still being an old Clio lol.

If and I realise its a big IF, you ever decide to sell please give me a shout..

Id finish driving it hard before a respray tbh..

You will be the first person I offer it too mate :)

Yeah I did think about that but I can't say no to the respray as its a one off offer now so didn't want to miss it, I'll just get all that clear protective film put on it lol.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
You will be the first person I offer it too mate :)

Yeah I did think about that but I can't say no to the respray as its a one off offer now so didn't want to miss it, I'll just get all that clear protective film put on it lol.

Great plan, have you tracked it yet? If its planned might be worth doing llandow before respray.. Ill start saving for the big day :)

Great plan, have you tracked it yet? If its planned might be worth doing llandow before respray.. Ill start saving for the big day

No i havnt tracked it yet i will next year, ive got a track day this saturday in the 182 at Croft which is local to me, llandow is like 5 hours 30 away from me so that wont be happing lol.

Saving for the big day lol, how many clios do you have now?

Swapz for the Evo!

Im listening haha.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Hope the respray goes well, would love to have mine done but I don't think I would dare drive it afterwards let alone take it on track.

Cheers Dom, im looking forward to it getting done, but i will have to be careful with it, ill probs get that clear coat film put on the front end for abit of protection. Hows yours going? You got anymore plans or leaving it as it is for now?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Car is great, I am thinking about going a bit mad over the winter and building a forged engine, will be very similar spec to yours. Really want to have some nitrous as well as I have always wanted a car with nitrous, its just so cool. (no pun intended lol)

​Good luck on your trackday.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I've got 3, thought it was gonna be 4 but guys not answering his phone... None as nice as yours :(

Car is great, I am thinking about going a bit mad over the winter and building a forged engine, will be very similar spec to yours. Really want to have some nitrous as well as I have always wanted a car with nitrous, its just so cool. (no pun intended lol)

​Good luck on your trackday.

That sounds like a great plan Dom :approve: I don't really no much about nitrous never really looked into it. Bet it would be mental in a boosted Clio already running high bhp. I 100% want a passenger ride :D

Thanks mate I can't wait for it now.[/FONT]

I've got 3, thought it was gonna be 4 but guys not answering his phone... None as nice as yours :(

What have you got? Trophy, 172T, white 172? Mine will be yours one day lol.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Craig your almost sounding like you have a price in mind, surely you don't have thoughts of selling up?

Ive got a Trophy, a 172 with 1.8 20vt engine and a ph1 track car. Sold white one.

​Ohh I didn't no you had a ph1 too. [/FONT]

Craig your almost sounding like you have a price in mind, surely you don't have thoughts of selling up?

No thoughts of selling up Paul, I wouldn't be able to put a price on it, it would proberly get broke for parts if anything as its still just a X reg Clio at the end of the day so the market for somebody to spend good money on it is very small.

Update on the respray, I got a call today to say the car can go in abit earlier to get done, it was due in on the 2nd sep. I finished work tonite & took it straight down & took the bumpers off ready for them in the morning.

D012ABF9-C7FC-4566-8618-6570F9106068-3000-000001147436C6CF_zps3c241cc7.jpg

71E06CA9-98C4-4671-81E7-48DC993565BC-3000-000001148CA6F821_zpsb2755016.jpg

91243C2C-F39D-409D-AAB8-74DD8B162DCD-3000-000001147C479760_zps06548930.jpg

& a few pictures from the track day I did with the mrs at croft on Saturday just gone.

26B6914E-DBC9-418C-B240-8D3CD664D978-3000-0000011543936CD6_zpsba508aec.jpg

787DB22C-C006-4D69-9B2D-1B609C52371B-3000-000001153305AC7D_zpsff2a66e0.jpg

69CAC215-F0B2-4FE3-BA9E-C079517BA683-3000-000001154C312552_zpsf59a1683.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

​Ohh I didn't no you had a ph1 too. [/FONT]

No thoughts of selling up Paul, I wouldn't be able to put a price on it, it would proberly get broke for parts if anything as its still just a X reg Clio at the end of the day so the market for somebody to spend good money on it is very small.

Ahem :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Re: Supercharged Sunflower

A little update

I've just spoke to Paul & ordered a helix organic clutch, 630cc injectors & ended up ordering some one piece valves instead of standard renault ones to keep Gray happy ;)

Also ordered some uprated valves springs.

My mate who's painting the engine bay has ordered the paint for when he's next off, & I'll be making a trip to the powder coaters to get some bits & bobs done. I'll get some pics up later.

Epic work mate, I love seeing things done the correct way. :)
Im also going supertec valves, could you pm me the prices from paul if you dont mind. :)

Love this car and love what youve done. :thumbup:

Epic work mate, I love seeing things done the correct way.
Im also going supertec valves, could you pm me the prices from paul if you dont mind.

Love this car and love what youve done. :thumbup:

Cheers dude :) yeah no probs ill check the paper work tonite after work for the price & drop you a pm. I also love your car too btw :)

Still can't actually believe you're painting it. The paint was in pretty damn superb condition for the age as it was ffs!

Haha well it was very good paint for its age better than alot ive seen at shows that are supposed to be mint & just not lol but its a chance i couldn't say no to getting Paul to paint it his work is amazing.

When are you getting the ecu fitted mate

I think once its painted im going to get another ph1 loom so i can wire the Typhoon loom into it so i can just swap it over at pauls rather than wire it up when i get there, then ill give Paul a ring see when he can fit me in. Ive done 3.5k since the rebuild now too.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
It looks immaculate to start with lol. But that looks like its going to be amazing job on the respray. I wouldnt want to drive it when its done incase it gets a chip.

It looks immaculate to start with lol. But that looks like its going to be amazing job on the respray. I wouldnt want to drive it when its done incase it gets a chip.

Haha I think I'll be like that at first until I get the clear protector film on.

A few more pictures from today. A big thanks to my dad who spent the day stripping the car down & prepping it all ready for Paul to paint.

I think once it's painted I'll wire up the Typhoon ecu & get it mapped then I'll look into a diff for next year.

5E44330E-04C7-43D7-ABAF-A5CDC04C7EC9-1669-0000005ACF0B3857_zpscb8c41f4.jpg

B6EEBDCB-9AE5-4A99-8F7D-6FC3E9E4BD37-1669-0000005AD9DA4312_zps228d5efe.jpg

B674D4B8-B2AF-4CBC-B7C5-306F87DE82A9-1669-0000005AE4A0AE0B_zps7a504d9e.jpg

7C1CBFD3-8FA8-4A0C-AD44-40805AC0F8B4-1669-0000005AE8EB8A12_zps91daa4ac.jpg

61C619D7-E2E5-4D8E-A39A-4CAB44398B0B-1669-0000005AEFD5E21F_zps1eb6523f.jpg

The main man Paul who's painting it.

FC797BD2-A6F8-4E5B-9748-1048018B6C55-1669-0000005AFB28CB74_zps10ee2dfe.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That is one fooking big bodyshop.

Thats the way id be getting mine done should I decide to get it painted.

You should look into getting the door shut decals re fitted for ome looks. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377857686273.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377857686273.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 84
That is one fooking big bodyshop. Thats the way id be getting mine done should I decide to get it painted. You should look into getting the door shut decals re fitted for ome looks. :)

Its an import centre where Renaults first come into the country then go to the dealers.

Does yours need paint? If you were thinking of getting it done, Paul is the man to do it, it just might be abit too far to come though :(

i was thinking about the kick plate stickers but i dout renault still sell them so i was going to fit some ph2 172 ones ive got but get some custom stickers made for them.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh ok cool, its never had any paint but its got a few stone chips on the front end which bug me when im cleaning it.
Its done 49k now but looks great from a meter away.

There is also a few car park dents what a dent man could sort.

Ive also tryed to get a couple of bits for mine from renault that are no longer available, one of the decals thats on the bonnet slam panel trim and the 2.0l 16V side badges. :(

I dont know what to do next tbh mate, I was going to get head work done, supertec valves and 421 cams over the winter when I stop using the car.
At a later date I was going to get AT power TB and Gen 90 ecu as I wouldn't need to cut anything like the bonnet.

But id love to go SC but I would want to do it the right way but id get fed up if I didnt have enough money and the car ended up sitting around in bits...

340i
Its an import centre where Renaults first come into the country then go to the dealers.

Does yours need paint? If you were thinking of getting it done, Paul is the man to do it, it just might be abit too far to come though :(

My r26 is looking past its best, could do with a front end re-spray.. Does he do work for the 'public' or referrals?