ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Talk Talk have wound me up a treat.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Im moving to my new house on Friday. Give talk talk a ring about 10minutes ago to tell them i will need my phone line and broadband transferring to my new property. Im told an engineer will have to come out to the house to set up which will be the first of june, once hes done this it will take 3-4 week for me to go live again:mad:

Also ive got to pay a £29.99 transfer fee.

Sucks big time:dapprove:

Polo (not quite a Clio)
That's appalling, telephone lines take a maximum of 14 days to install (1 week at best) - we can roll out a telephone line and broadband connection within a couple of weeks, including installation of the line.

Transfer fee is unnecessary too, are you paying for the installation of the line as well?

Ryan

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Has the new house not got a line installed?

Talk Talk were fairly abysmal in all respects in the last year we were with them.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
That's appalling, telephone lines take a maximum of 14 days to install (1 week at best) - we can roll out a telephone line and broadband connection within a couple of weeks, including installation of the line.

Transfer fee is unnecessary too, are you paying for the installation of the line as well?

Ryan

the women said 7-14days phone the phone line to be activated, and 3-4 weeks for the broadband to go live.

I take it the £29.99 is the fee for the engineer to come out and set up.

i think its a bit of a piss take, been with them for over 1 year.

Polo (not quite a Clio)
Phone line estimate is about correct - but broadband only takes about 4-7 working days to be activated.

If the property hasn't got an active telephone line, or no line at all - BT charge around £125~ for installation.. if the line is present and all wiring is fine, then it's free to reconnect/activate your line. However, you do still need to pay the £47 activation fee to BT to enable broadband on your line.. but it still doesn't take 3-4 weeks.

The £29.99 is probably just a subsidiary to cover the associated broadband activation costs for the line.