ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test Drive Unlimited for 360.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Not played it yet, but this looks amazing! just wondering if anybody has played a demo or maybe the game somehow, and whats it like. By the sounds of it... it sounds really really good.

Also theres a new flight simulator coming out, looks quality aswell. (probz get ripped for that 1) but i like it.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I played a demo of it ages ago. It was okay. Good to mess about in the Lamborghini showroom and rev the tits off a car without actually buying it. Or damaging the engine. You can put the windows up or down.

Handling on the cars was absolutely dreadful, and the sound was pathetic. Maybe they have changed it though. I'd still buy it just because of the exotic cars.

Fiesta ST
The latest demo is much better than the original one - got this game on pre-order should get it wed/thurs.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I would love for a good flight sim to be released onto the 360, used to love those games back in the day.

1.8 Civic EX
played both demo's...not as good as I was hoping to be honest....handling seemed well out....not a game I'll be rushing out to buy on release date. Maybe wait for a second hand one to turn up somewhere....

flight sims were cool, although I never really understood the point in them....good for a laugh tho...

Citroen DS3 DSport
Do you know if GRAW is still popular online? If so then I may play that later tonight as it's been a while.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
The new flight sim is only for pc, flight sim x, looks so real.

dk

911 GTS Cab
just received test drive, going to see how it fares online as the demo was hit and miss, sometimes had stupid lag!

will report back

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah I noticed lag and the handling as previously said just ruined it for me.

The graphics were stunning in places but somehow a bit bland.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, been playing it for a while now and on first impressions its pretty good, i am slightly concerned by the longevity of it and i have experienced bad lag already!

the cars though are stunning, the detail is amazing.

I chose the tall red head fitty and then a high rise appartment and the TT to start.

Played a few races and the ones against the cpu are easy at the mo but the online ones are pretty laggy so far.

very well put together though.

Yaris Hybrid
Hmm the online play is supposed to be the only reason for buying it so if that is laggy...

Think I shall save my coins for Tiger Woods.

dk

911 GTS Cab
its not launched until tomorrow, so either it will get better as they will turn some more servers on or it will get worse with the millions of more people on there lol, we'll have to wait and see!

dk

911 GTS Cab
polarbert said:
How come you have a copy but it doesn't come out till tomorrow?
i preordered from game.net, and whenever you order from them or gameplay they always send it out 2 days before launch to guarantee you get it by launch day and you always get it on the thursday.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
yeah i also got it as well as madden, test drive seems ok if they sort out the online lag, madden is good but the cutscenes seem to be real jerky. I went for the audi a3 3.2, and the high rise, didnt realise we could also get a golf r32 if you drove down the coast a bit though

Lags a problem, but its worse playing with people who dont brake!!!!

Really annoys me when you brake for a corner, get a good line and some n00b comes flying into the back of ya!!!!

Clio Trophy 79/500
Bought the game Friday, and loving it. Set up my RS Owners Club, got 4 houses, 14 cars. The maps are huge, i'm just concentrating on the single play game at the moment as the servers seem to up and down all the time. Fingers crossed this will get sorted.
There are some massive races too, just settling down for a 210 mile trip round the island, should take about an hour.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've not played the newer demo of this yet but I'll have alook today. Lots of people are saying the game is excellent so I'm sure it's worth closer inspection.

Clio Trophy 79/500
Give it a good few hours. I've read lots of posts on the Xbox forums, where people are giving the game five minutes and then slagging it off. I thought it was a bit wierd at first, but now i'm loving it. Just tunned up my bike and now i'm off for a blast round the island at 212mph hahaha

dk

911 GTS Cab
ducks butts said:
Bought the game Friday, and loving it. Set up my RS Owners Club, got 4 houses, 14 cars. The maps are huge, i'm just concentrating on the single play game at the moment as the servers seem to up and down all the time. Fingers crossed this will get sorted.
There are some massive races too, just settling down for a 210 mile trip round the island, should take about an hour.
invite me into your club pleeeeaasse

DavidNOTDave

Clio Trophy 79/500
I've sent you a friends request. I'll then add you. Might take a while as the servers are up and down again today.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I just bought this on Sunday and at first was dissapointed, but i have came round to liking it... still think project gotham is better, just getting use to this now.

Clio Trophy 79/500
Carlos 172 said:
Likewise with me dude, tags carlos172, add your tag to the list at

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159690&page=4

Club request sent..... not sure if it matters, but the club i've set up is located near the crater on the map, below the Audi dealer on the map.................I've just read, the club feature along with the Trading feature is broken. That was 350,000 credits wasted lol...... I'll still send invite, but not sure when it will be fixed,

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm tempted to buy this game :)

I've also read that patch was released for this today on Live but I've no idea what it has fixed/changed.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
sneeks said:
I'm tempted to buy this game :)

I've also read that patch was released for this today on Live but I've no idea what it has fixed/changed.
yeah, when i logged into it it made me update, not sure what it did though, didn't experience any lag i guess but then i wasn't doing any online races and didn't really see any other cars around and i was connected to the servers so who knows

Fiesta ST
We would like to thank all the players for playing Test Drive Unlimited and reporting issues.

Atari, Eden and Microsoft are working on a Live product update for TDU which will fix various issues found after release. We are also working on increasing the server capacity, which will improve the performance, reduce the Clubs problems and connection issues (“TDU server unavailable”). This will be done no later than the end of the week.

The main issues reported are as follows:

Problem of progression being lost

The problem occurs when you sell a house which contains a car that you’re trying to sell on the E-trade : this creates an issue and the player’s progression is lost.
In order to resolve this, the E-trade system has been temporarily deactivated. You cannot currently trade vehicles with other players, although you can still sell your vehicles via the direct selling option.
The problem is being dealt with as a priority and we will let you know as soon as the E-trade system is operational again.

Issues with CLUBS

During recent peak hours the demand on the servers reached unforeseen levels, resulting in some invitations for clubs being lost and players being unable to resend them.
We are working on increasing the server limit, as well as fixing this issue with an update. The fix will check for lost invites and allow you to re-invite a player if the invitation was permanently lost.

Connections issues (message « TDU servers unavailable »)

Players may have noticed some "TDU server unavailable" messages during peak periods. This is partly due to the number of simultaneous players growing very quickly in a short time.
We are currently tweaking our server to improve the performances, so connection issues will be greatly reduced. The extension of the server’s capacity will also help to solve these issues.

Difficulty to find Friends

This is partly due to the server becoming saturated during peak hours. It will be much easier to find your friends when the server capacity is increased.

Currently filters work only on the map - they are not properly implemented while driving. This will be fixed in the forthcoming patch and players will then be able to see only their friends in the game if they wish.

There follows some additional guidelines to make playing with friends easier:

How to play with your friends:

1- The first player goes into a less densely populated area as shown on the map, then zooms in to the island. Other people that want to join him then select him from the map. Players will join a session that’s not full in this area, so the chances are high that this will be the first player’s session.

2- As an alternative, the MS game invite is a very powerful tool, and can be used from a multiplayer lobby as follows:
- create a multiplayer private session
- send an invite to your friends
- race as you want in the created session
- if you get bored of the race you're in, you can change for another one and bring the whole party with you (option available once race is over, before restarting another one)

3- Another way to play with friends is to create a club, meet at the club and start play from there.

NOTE : The first Update was released on Monday September 11 which deals with a number of issues, but does not include any of the fixes listed above.
The first Update fixes a small number of gameplay exploits (loopholes). We’ll keep you posted about the second Update.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please continue to send your feedback to Atari and thanks for playing Test Drive Unlimited.

anyone fancy swapping me with pgr3 so i can see what its like and you can see what pgr3 is like?? if we dont like just swap back?? as i dont wanna go out and buy the game and i dont like it lol

mk5 VDUB polo
i keep having an urge for a 360 recently, but i want ps3.

has anyone played dead rising?? looks kick ass to me, just wondered what its like

Monaro VXR
Buy a 360 there dropping in price the PS3 is not gonna have any decent games on it for at least a year an the new Gran Tourismo looks shite. ANd most of the other games that were always exclusive no longer are and are being relased at the same time.

Unless you really really want the blu ray drive then you can spend you £500 or so on a PS3.

Im gonna buy a 360 just because of the price difference and MS is gonna be dropping the prices there gonna keep saying there not going to drop them until the PS3 goes on sale and then it'll probably take a £80 or so drop.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Other than the need for blu-ray then I cannot see why people would rather the PS3 over the 360. The games will be no more advanced or any better. Save cash, remove the need for waiting till next March and buy a 360 now :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
buy it from game then if you don't like it take it back within the week, bobs your uncle, f@nny's your aunt and dicks you best friend!