ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

test driving the 182 tomorrow

clio 172 MKII

Hi all,

Camdens renault in Milton Keynes have got one in for the day tomorrow. Ive got a 51 plate 172 (36k) - I am thinking I should be able to get 9200k for it (private) Can anyone tell me what the best deal will be for a 182 from a renault dealer - I need some bargaining power....

theyre also offering 0% over three years....

Time to pop down to MK then and see what it looks like in the flesh so to speak.

Lewy - Have they only got it for the day or is it there test car for a few months?

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Careful with the 0%.

Theyll prob. insist on full list and add on all sorts of sh*t such as gap insurance and tyre cover.

I bought new 6 months ago and ended up paying £10100 (9800 + 3.4% finance costs for an 11K list car). If Id signed the first figures on paper at 3.4% Id have been stung for £12.5K!!

I bought from Camden Aylesbury, but searched the internet for the best price (including import), then bounced Jaybee, Oxford (Crossways?) and 3 Camdens (MK, Northampton and Aylesbury) with

"IF you can beat ... dealer by £50.00 Ill give you £50.00 deposit today!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

does anyone actually have a 182 brochure yet as I cant seem to find one anywhere?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 13 February 2004

does anyone actually have a 182 brochure yet as I cant seem to find one anywhere?
Theyre not out yet... I asked my mate at Renault...

LEWY do you know what colour it is? could you try and get some photos of it and post on here? Would be good to see some descent pics of one.

clio 172 MKII

They just got it for the day - do far theres four of us lined up to test it - speak to a guy called Floyd if you go there - he knows his sh*t about 172s / cups he got a nice cup himself that hes tinkered with.

I see clickcars are offering 12400.....

No brochures that I know of unless theres some arriving with the Demo tomorrow - if so ill grab a few

Trophy 263 + 265

lewy

go test drive it but dont even think of buying from the dealer.

i got a clio online. all in with metalic paint,cup spoiler pack and the wheel /suspension pack for £12,500.:D

see if they can beat that;)

i also have been in contact with the local dealer to arrange a catalogue and a test drive.

no luck as yet will chase them up again monday

cheers lee

I dont know if its just me but i really cant see the point of getting a 182 when youve got a 172. Obviously its personal preference but i think its mad!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Either do I, it also perplexes me that guys who have 03 CTRs go out and shell out for the 04 cars, just because they have to have the latest and greatest!

But if you got the money, its your choice!

dk

911 GTS Cab

so LEWY, have you done it yet? Got any pics? Is it better than the 172? Does it sound good? What colour was it etc.....

come on LEWY, get up out your bed and tell us about the 182, got any pics (Pretty please!)

do you know where the car was going after MK??

The problem with 0% interest is that you have to pay for it somewhere!

For example they will charge you full whack for car whereas if you had cash in yer back pocket you could negociate a discount!

Not that they would ever admit to charging you for 0% finance coz its illegal;)

clio 172 MKII

no - still here - back to work on this gloomy monday morn

No pics chaps - theyve still got it there as far as I know

(just posted report)

did the run last week in a yellow 182. To be honest not that impressive. A standard 172 Mk1 will keep up. The one thing I realy noticed is the idle. Finally Renault managed to get the idle (even on cold-start) nice. The torqueband is nicer than the MK1 (I cannot compare to a MK2 cause I never drove a MK2 streetcar) and can be felt all the way from down to the end. The car I was driving also had one problem the exhaust was ticking against the backbumper (don´t ask me why) on hard accelaration. This one also was provided with a VERY sweet optional dampingsystem. Which I even think will put on my car I realy liked the handling.

clio 172 MKII

Hi All

Took it out for about 1/2 hour on Saturday. It was the black with the gold flex running through it (what a load of balls that is - you couldnt see any gold at all)

Very stable in a straight line at speed due to the dampers and springs and those tyres are the tits - you can really feel them round the roundabouts.

A little dissapointed with the twin pipes (no grunt at all) and to be honest couldnt notice any more power really...

Handling wise 100% well done renaultsport for that!!

Unfortunately they were unable to come near to what I needed for my 172 so wont be doing the deal just yet....

dk

911 GTS Cab

test driving an artic blue tomorrow night in Slough - I am not very confident with the salesman though as he told me it was the metallic Racing Blue, then I informed him that the metallic blue was Artic Blue and he begged to differ, and then gave in when he realised I knew more than he did!

clio 172 MKII

The black looks very flat in my opinion - its supposed to have the gold flex through it - i never saw it and it was a nice sunny day too:confused:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well kathy and waynes v6 dont look flat.

and you can see the gold.

dk

911 GTS Cab

the pictures taken at the import centre last week plainly showed the black gold and the gold was visible! Still waiting to see a pic of a racing blue one though! starting to get angry now......