ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £600 Cup Track Build

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments guys. Its a hard one for me but as its off the road i just get no use of it and seems a waste. Ive a possible business opportunity starting next year so this would fund the start :pensive:

On the other hand I'm half tempted to get an mot on it, get new seats and get it out and about 😂

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You should get new seats, a mot and see if you use it at all. If you still don't you've not invested much more. But if you do then you'll start to get value out of it.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
IMO unless you are desperate for the money I think you should keep, its an amazing machine and a real credit to you.

I can't see something like this loosing money over the long term.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Well lets give this a bash 😂...

38895058981_3151ffcc5c_c.jpg

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Upadate

Put the car in for an MOT in February and it failed on brake lines corroded at the rear beam. The rear is about the only part ive not overhauled yet. Since then ive purchased a full braided brake line kit with bias valve from Mick at Proline.

Before i fit them im going to whip the beam off and get it powdercoated and replace bushes etc to tidy things up.

Apart from that got the new seat fitted which is great and replaced the exhaust mounts as they were shot. Hoping to get the beam done soon so i can get a MOT and get it out. Pulled it out yesterday for a tinker which was good first time in a while!

Cullen

ClioSport Club Member
Do love a well thought out car
youve set a very high standard and shows that track cars can look like show cars and still be driven hard.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Do love a well thought out car
youve set a very high standard and shows that track cars can look like show cars and still be driven hard.

Cheers mate! Just needs used more lol.

I love the front of the 172/182 with the bumper off. They look so aggessive!

I agree Mark love them with the bumper off!

Are your wings held on with cable ties!

Love this car.

No mate thats holding the extinguisher piping, engineer solutions lol.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Update... on current state!

Well opened the garage today and remembered I had a car in it! Poor thing still needs the beam refurbished, didn’t realise that was over a year ago :rolleyes:.

Still looking pretty good, glad its been dry stored anyway.

I will this year get the beam back on and get it back on 4 wheels then see where we go from there :)

297D6676-4BFE-4D61-9278-4F0A2B3117E0.jpeg
7499EA12-F371-4B2A-8852-D5C126DE866A.jpeg
3515FCD7-DBCA-4093-96EE-56311F574A1D.jpeg
D3B5B5CD-0F86-4FAA-B5AF-9B25FF8DBC15.jpeg

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Get the beam powdered pronto. I’m a hungry boy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk