ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Confused Track Clio MK1, MK2 & MK3 Content (01-Sep-12 DEADLINE)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Re: The Confused Budget Track Clio!

tbh, i dont think there are really many bit that you can do on the F4R engine!! the block, inlet, box, subframe, shafts, rack etc ill simply paint, and my alternator brackets are already powder coated!!

cant wait to see the engine in the flesh!! looks really good in the pictures!! very fresh!! :)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Mate seriously dont ever use hammerite red the coverage is s**t, silver one coat job done red three four coats and still no covering properly FML!

ph1 172, megane 225

nice update!! i swear lee said you have to take the flywheel off to mount it on that engine stand! lol

yep chatting my arse like normal :rolleyes:

i remenber saying you cant take to flywheel while its on the stand, so its easy to take it off.....

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

yep chatting my arse like normal :rolleyes:

i remenber saying you cant take to flywheel while its on the stand, so its easy to take it off.....

Thats why we love you matey lol ;) . P.S i want you round Thursday to oversee me doing the cambelt. im sure ill be fine but just for old times sake lol

Tcs performance in birch hanger. By stansted air port..

Thats the one i couldnt remember lol

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Tuesday 13[SUP]th[/SUP] March

Well today I decided to give the other side of the engine a quick clean and degrease so I could get painting this side.
First of all I thought I would tackle the very scummy inlet ports.

Dirty:
94.jpg

Clean:
95.jpg

Then I tackled the engine

Dirty:
96.jpg

Clean:
97.jpg

I then towelled it off and gave it the first coat of red! Didn’t come up to nice tbh.

100.jpg

Thursday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] March

Had a little delivery from the other half she had got me some essential parts for the engine! (Quite handy having a gf who works for Motor Parts Direct)

99.jpg

I then went in the garage and painted a few more items. I turned the gearbox over and done the other side. I done the ARB and I re done the front Caliper Carriers as I thought they looked crap in black.

Pictures:

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

Friday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] March

I had to go down to my works Dip Brazing facility just to make sure everything was all ok down there. As I was taking the trip I decided to take the injectors off the engine down with me anyway as I knew they had an ultra sonic cleaner. 5 minutes in the tank should have done the job perfectly!
118.jpg

As I finish early on a Friday I decided to go doen to the clio to remove the F7P as I wanted to crack on. Plus it was meant to rain all weekend so this was the only real chance I was going to get.

So popped down to my nans had some lunch then cracked on with the car:

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

I literally got the engine on the floor and proceeded to remove the gearbox and all the other bits I wanted to keep.

Whilst I was doing this my phone rang but didn’t manage to get to it in time, Anyway rang them back and result it was regarding buying the engine I had just removed! Result or what!

After that I started clearing away when a mate rang and asked to come down and have a look at my progress as he hadn’t seen the car since I first got it. As I knew he was on the way I thought I may as well continue working.

I wanted to remove the servo and master cylinder so that next time I was down this way I could put the 172 Cup items in. First thing was first remove the heatshield..... I undo the three bolts go to move the heatshield back and find this bloody beast lurking there:

109.jpg

Those of you that know me will know im ok with snakes etc as I have had them as pets but one thing I cant tolerate is f**king spiders. Im glad my mate wasn’t there at the time as I did scream like a little girl lmao!

My mate turns up and we end up talking for ages so I didn’t really get any work done. It started to go dark so I quickly removed the pedal box and servo.

110.jpg

I packed up for the night and went home. When I was unloading the car I got a little frustrated with how s**t the red on the engine looked so I decided to give it a coat of silver as a base coat so that hopefully the red will seem brighter and wont need about 10000000 coats to actually cover the black underneath.

Saturday 17/03/2012

I gave the engine a coat of red over the silver paint I had done the previous day and tbh I was very pleased with the result.

111.jpg

Because I was so pleased with the new red I decided to use the same principle to the gearbox on the end cap.

113.jpg

Cheeky snap of Williams Gearbox Ident Plate:

114.jpg

I then decided to lacquer all of the parts I bead blasted (sand blasted) to ensure they didn’t oxidise and start to look s**t:

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

Also this arrived in the post very pleased with it thanks Cotball!

112.jpg

Sunday 18/03/2012

Not much to report really went down to see Wag1 and pick up some parts off of him. Spent quite a bit of the day down there god he has got some nice stuff. Plus he is a really nice bloke (well tolerable ;) only joking mate).

Anyway the goodies:

119.jpg

120.jpg

I was only going down there for the oil cooler but he twisted my arm.

Thats it for now. Aiming to get the engine back together with new cambelt, waterpump, plugs and thermostat by Thursday as I wont be receiving the gaskets I need until Tuesday. Really happy with the progress atm just need some more money to keep this project moving.

Also no joy with my secret item that I won of ebay unfortunately could not pick it up this weekend but will hopefully do it next weekend.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

damn you dan!! youve pretty much rendered my project as a halfbuild bodge job!! :(

and i think im coming home a bit early!! asin tuesday so ill be back to work at mine!! and are you talking about the secret purchase you told me about??

projects looking really good!! what are you using the brake lines and bias valve for?? building your own brake setup??

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

damn you dan!! youve pretty much rendered my project as a halfbuild bodge job!!

and i think im coming home a bit early!! asin tuesday so ill be back to work at mine!! and are you talking about the secret purchase you told me about??

projects looking really good!! what are you using the brake lines and bias valve for?? building your own brake setup??

I havent made your look like a half bodge job lmao. At least people comment on yours mine gets nothing on here. Must not be CS enough as it got the MK1 engine lol.

Good glad to have you back matey. I am hiopefully off Friday and i reckon ill be sticking the engine in then so i might come and nab you to show you the motor.

Yeah i am planning to run my own brake setup. Make it more simplistic. Im not to sure whether i am going to run that particular bias valve i like the idea of a lever type. So will probably go up for sale. Also do you want all of my non abs brake lines? That way you can run the cup master cylinder. (you will just need to get the adaptors as two of the brake unions are M10 i believe)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Another update time!

Tuesday 20th March

Well after all the painting with the engine now complete it was time to start assembling all of the nice sandblasted and lacquered parts :)

First of all I attached the brackets at the rear of the engine. (The one that holds the starter motor in place and the start motor heatshield)

121.jpg

I also attached the oil pressure sensor.

I then attached the recently chemically cleaned fuel injectors, Fuel rail and the Min/Max Sensor

122.jpg

Wednesday 21st March

Although I had spent ages sand blasting the engine parts I wasn’t particularly happy with the state of the inlet manifold (on the inside) so I decided when I was next down at works dip brazing facility I would stick it in the hydrochloric tank to clean it up a bit.

123.jpg

To say the least I wasn’t particularly happy with the outcome. Basically the aluminium casting had a chemical reaction which then started to colour the aluminium a light grey colour.

124.jpg

Well the inside of the inlet manifold was clean but the outside looked s**t so I ended up spending some more time using the sand blaster. This was the finished outcome.

125.jpg

I then took them home and gave them a coat of lacquer hopefully this will stop the oxidisation process so they don’t end up looking s**t!

Thursday 22nd March 2012

Well the other half kindly brought me home a headgasket set as I basically needed to replace every gasket on the engine except the headgasket itself. The only one it did not include which frustrated me a bit was the throttle body one :( but oh well I have to get that separately.

Also my mates Alex (Alex-clio / Struggler) and Ollie popped over to basically oversee me doing the cambelt. I just wanted a 2nd / 3rd opinion. Plus it was a bit of company in the garage lol.

First of all I put the new cam cover gasket on and then the cam cover. You need the cam cover on as it has reference marks on it for when doing the cambelt. I also replaced the waterpump and waterpump gasket.

127.jpg

The next thing I did was remove the crank pulley. This wasn’t as easy as you may think. Some complete t**t decided to loctite the crankshaft pulley in place but not with anti vibration stuff it must have been the stuff “this bolt don’t want to f**king budge” stuff. The end result was my lever (an old part of a crutch) snapping in two.

129.jpg

I did manage to get it off closely followed by the oil pump sprocket and then the plastic cambelt cover.

126.jpg

Please note at this point the engine was already in place with a crank locking tool in.

I then put on my old guide bearing and tensioner bearing that had done 5k (from my last engine build) genuine Renault stuff too! Slipped the cambelt on and made sure all of the timing marks where correct. I then tensioned the belt and spun it over to ensure that all of the markings lined up once again. Which they did:

128.jpg

I then proceeded to attach various parts to the engine like map sensor pipes, coolant metal pipes, inlet manifold, supersprint manifold etc. This was the final result:

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

I Then gave the gearbox end cap a coat of red (as I didn’t have black), I let it go touch dryish and then assembled the gearbox mount and the strengthening mount that is attached to the Williams models.

133.jpg

Friday 23rd March 2012

I had a day off work so thought I might as well spend it on the clio whilst the weather is good.

Also picked up Alex on the way as he didn’t have much planned for the day (result for me!). Also the last time he saw the car was when we went up to view the car.

So went down to the clio and removed all of the components in the engine bay (master cylinder, brake lines, plastic mounts that the headlights bolt to etc)

This is the grubby engine bay shot.

134.jpg

I then went into the clio and removed all of the parts that I have in there so I can do some work on the inside.

135.jpg

I did notice that there was some honeycomb plastic in the passenger and drivers door that I didn’t think was necessary so I decided to gut that out.

136.jpg

Between Alex and I we then jet washed, degreased, jet washed and degreased the engine until we got it looking like this!

137.jpg

138.jpg

After doing that and the engine still being at home I wasn’t sure what to tackle next. After a little think I decided I wanted to under body seal the whole underneath of the car to try and protect it against some of
englands crappy weather!

As I had no under seal a quick trip to Halfords was made and also back to alex’s to pick up a heat gun (as I couldn’t find mine in the messy garage! :( )

The tar went from this:

139.jpg

To this:

140.jpg

I then attacked the sound deadening in the scuttle panel:

142.jpg

The areas were then cleaned and degreased ready for when I decide to spray the inside (another job I have to do)

Alex and I then went around the inner arches. Chassis legs, and the whole underneath of the car in underseal. (I will be giving it another coat or two as I bought a massive tin! Its surprising how far this stuff goes!)

Pics:

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

I really am pleased with how the under seal looks. I know its only under seal but it does make the car seem a bit cleaner underneath.

I also think Alex hates me know as I think he has this planned for his as well and yes alex I will be helping!

We also chucked a few bolts to hold the subframe and wishbones up just to see how the suspension parts look. TBH I don’t think they look to bad! Well I think polybushes look cool anyway!

151.jpg

Saturday 24th 2012

Well finally the day has come! Been waiting for this for a while! After a short little journey this was chucked in the back of a van I rented:

150.jpg

Which turns into this:

152.jpg

Yes a Clio Cup 197 roll cage made by MATTER.

I know its not designed for this car but with a bit of fabrication anything can fit.

This build really is confused! A MK1 engine, A MK2 Shell and a MK3 cage................

I did spend an hour on my own trying to kind of wedge this in the car but I had no joy

Sunday 25th March 2012

I wanted to see how far out the cage was to my requirements and how much fabrication is actually involved so I asked a mate to kindly pop over and lend a hand. After a bit of measuring and head scratching I determined that the width of the cage would just fit, and the height. The problem was combining the two and getting it through the door. Eventually we did get it in.........but there was a slight sacrifice.

153.jpg

No it was in the car I could see that due to the bends at the A Pillar it was not going to fit in. The door does close but when the rear of the cage is pulled up to meet the rar part (that is not yet in the car) the bend
fouls on the A Pillar.

Please note that the rear part of the cage needs to be brought up so the bend will in fact be closer to the front.

154.jpg

The plan is to trim the two horizontal bars a little bit and angle the front of the cage in by a couple of inches so that the bend misses the A pillar. I am then thinking of rebending the rear part of the cage or ratchet
strapping across the width so that it will mate up into the rear part of the cage. This isn’t finalised yet this is my intilal thought but before I proceed anymore I am going to properly plan this out so I don’t make a pigs ear of it!

Comments welcome and flame suit is on for those that will have a go for destroying a 197 cup cage!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

How do i edit the title of this thread? I would like it to read "The Confused Budget Track Clio! *Inc 197 Cup Cage Content*

I am interested to see how your project turns out! i have been trying to restore a car that was in total wreck and see if i can still make out something useful for it. I am not that willing to spend so much on it either because im not sure if can still use it for everyday but i'm just excited in the idea that i can actually do something to still make it work just cause it has some sentimental value to it.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Busy boy! Great progress mate

Yeah been quite busy, mainly because i know how the weather can turn so making the best of the good weather

I am interested to see how your project turns out! i have been trying to restore a car that was in total wreck and see if i can still make out something useful for it. I am not that willing to spend so much on it either because im not sure if can still use it for everyday but i'm just excited in the idea that i can actually do something to still make it work just cause it has some sentimental value to it.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

good update!! was trying to post on this last night but trying to load the pictures kept making my internet have a b!tch fit!! lol

ill have to come and have a look at the cage at some point!!

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Well im round there tonight with a mate from work, with new cutting and grinding discs and a paint remover disc so best get round soon or there might be nothing left haha.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Another small update.

Tuesday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] March 2012

Well after looking at the cages pictures it was obvious that i would have trim the width a little bit as it was obviously not going to fit.

So i took my mate Luke from work down with me as he is a dab hander with a welder and pretty good at fabrication. Basically i wanted someone down there with me to make sure i don’t make any silly judgement calls and also the fact that if i had an accident with the grinder someone can pick up the pieces lol.

First of all we got the front part of the cage out and cut the two horizontal bars so that now the front width can be angled in. Before making any more adjustments to the front i wanted to ensure the rear hoop fitted in there. So i cut one of the angles off and tried fitting it in the car, no joy so the other one came off to. (You can see how many pieces it is now in the picture below)

156.jpg

The rear parts that come off the main hoop.

157.jpg

A few snaps of my cutting the welds.

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

We then tried trial fitting the rear hoop. It was to wide! Me being a numpty didn’t measure the foot width on the floor so it hit a bit of the box section.

After a few measurements and a bit of thinking i decided to chop out some of the box section sill. I know this part is structural but its not that much of an integral part of the sill all of the strengthening is behind what i removed (which i didn’t touch).

First of all before attacking the sill i chopped some material off of the width of the feet to see how narrow i could get it down. Cleaned it up with the grinding disc measured and perfect it would fit.

Picture off offside box section part as i forgot to take a picture beforehand oops.
161.jpg

Mid way through the cutting

162.jpg

As you can see from the picture above you can see how much material i am planning to remove. The width of the main hoop fits snug between the two points of the car. Also now because i have removed some strengthening i am going to weld the cage in and box section around the cage to bring the strength back up again.

I have created more work in the long run but you can’t skimp on safety!

By this time i was hungry and it was getting dark (The extra hour does really help!) so i started to pack away.

I was contemplating leaving the car like this but i don’t think it will be pretty safe lol.

Comments criticisms etc welcome. I would like some peoples views on the main hoop and weather it would be 100% necessary to box section it in.

Also i think i may have fucked my window screen i forgot to put a plate of ally over it to protect it from the sparks. Does anyone know anything that will remove the marks?

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Re: The Confused Budget Track Clio! * Inc 197 Cup Cage Content*

Wednesday 28th March 2012

Well small update I decided to chop the other part of the inner sill out to try and get the rear hoop in place and also to see how much extra chopping and cutting I would need to do to ensure it would fit nicely.

164.jpg

165.jpg

I then found out that I would need to chop a bit more of the inner sill so that the lower right corner of the passenger side cross could fit.

164.jpg

After I did this the cage started to fit but I still needed to remove some material from the B pillar and the bit above the door. (didn’t get any pictures of these atm).

It started to get dark at this point so as I was packing up I offered up the front part of the cage to see how much I would need to chop to get it to fit.

167.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

Thursday 29th March 2012

Well small update I decided to buy a full face guard as I was fed up with getting sparks in the face. Plus with this I’m even less likely to get something in my eye as before I just had standard safety glasses.

171.jpg

Friday 30th March 2012

Finally got there in the end. Needs a bit more chopping, modification to get it to fit snugly but it is basically there.

As you can see from the following pictures what material I have removed, cut out, grinded back etc etc. I will be welding the rear hoop in place and strengthening the bits I have cut. I am also planning to gusset the roof and the B pillars to ensure that in the event of a roll the roof will not get ripped off from the areas that I have weakened.

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

179.jpg

180.jpg

181.jpg

This is just a picture of the rear part of the hoop where I need to clean the entire weld and paint off in preparation for me welding the rear part of it back on.

182.jpg

At this point I was bored of working in the car so I took the drivers side front part of the cage, cut the foot off the
bottom and then chucked it in my granddads vice where I proceeded to remove the excess weld. After I had done a reasonable job of this I then used the paint remover bit that I had attached to the angle grinder to remove all the paint as I want to change the colour scheme of the cage.

183.jpg

I also did this for the front dash bar by removing the column supports and excess welds and paint. I then went through the same process with the curved roof bar. Didn’t take any in progress pictures I just got on with it. Here are the finished items.

184.jpg

After making a huge mess removing the paint and the amount of dust that I had to clear up in my granddads shed was a joke I thought I would leave the paint removing for a while.

I then proceeded to stone guard the whole underneath of the car as I wanted it spic and span. I know this is a bit
wasted on a ‘track car’ but I know I have done it so ill be happy when its complete.

185.jpg

This was just a cheeky shot of the paint removed off the clio cup badge.

186.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Looks good, i cant help but think though, why did you use a 197 cage?

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Looks good, i cant help but think though, why did you use a 197 cage?

Because MK2 cages dont come up for sale second hand very often. The ones that do are either half cages or show cages and to much money. Brand new they are too much money and as i am working to a budget. Also i would probably want to add additional bars to suit my needs so ill be fabricating anyway and this cage came up stupidly cheap. Plus i enjoy doing things like this especially as it all being done by myself. (well a mate will be helping with the welding)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Update time!

Saturday 31[SUP]st[/SUP] March

As I was going to be working down Bristol for the following week I thought I would crack on and do a few things with the car.

I got down there and started removing some of the paint of the tubes. Did this for about 10 minutes then decided to stop and grab a drink. Anyway come back go to turn the grinder on and nothing the bloody thing died. I checked the power breaker the extention lead, the fuse, the brushes in the grinder nope nothing so in the bin that one went.

As my plan for the day was now ruined because the grinder is kaput I set about removing some of the tar on the inside of the job. This is one of those horrible b*****d jobs that you don’t want to do!

Roof Sound Deadening Still There

187.jpg

Removed

188.jpg

Sound Deadening Rear Spare Wheel Well

189.jpg

Offside Inner Rear Arch

190.jpg

Nearside Inner Rear Arch

191.jpg

Back of car shot

192.jpg

Drivers Side Foot Well (Can this bit of plate be removed)

193.jpg

After doing that I could not be bothered to then get the white spirit out and clean it up so I decided to remove the fuel tank and fuel pump.

Fuel Tank Out

194.jpg

With the fuel tank out of the way I decided to remove the remaining brake lines and the bias valve.

195.jpg

Brake lines and Bias Valve for non ABS model these are for sale if someone interested? £25 the lot)

196.jpg

197.jpg

I then moved on to undersealing over the stone guard

Nicely Undersealed Front Inner Arch

198.jpg

I then started undersealing the car again to make it nice underneath also to prevent the inevitable rot.

199.jpg

Thursday 5[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2012

Not a massive update as had been working away but when I got home Thursday night I found this little parcel. Got some 172 ones for everyday use and a poverty spec set that I am going to make a cold air feed for the airbox.

200.jpg

Monday 9[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2012

Again not an exciting update but whilst I still had the company car I thought I would transport the engine and gearbox as the company car has a nice flat boot which would make it a lot easier to get the engine out.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Monday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2012

Did a few things tonight but not many pictures as I just cracked on with it. Chopped the excess material away from the feet as I want to weld new feet onto the cage.

I cleaned up the area around the ‘B’ pillar to make it a little more presentable.

201.jpg

The cage now fits in there snuggly, I just need to sort out strengthening the bits of material that I have removed and basically go from there.

I know it doesn’t sound like I done a lot but all of these sort of jobs just take time.

Tuesday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2012

As I didn’t finish undersealing the underneath of the car I thought I would do it as my back was aching and all I had to do was lye there and paint.

Just stone guard

202.jpg

With a coat of underseal over the top

203.jpg

I then continued undersealing (Sorry for crap pictures)

205.jpg

206.jpg

Got home to find that the other half had dropped off my R5 GT Turbo Clutch. IMO so much better than the standard item. The main reason I bought this is because I got the hump with the old one trying to fit it on the gearbox. It resulted in me breaking the little hole that the clutch cable goes through :( So now I am going to have to get it Aluminium welded :(.

207.jpg

Saturday 21[SUP]st[/SUP] April 2012

Had a bit of help from my mate Beeson today . (thank you very much) I know he was really eager to see the car that is going to beat him ;).

Basically put the new clutch on, gearbox and dropped it in the engine bay. Fitted the engine mounts and hey presto!.

208.jpg

209.jpg

210.jpg

I then carried on after Beeson went and I fitted all of the suspension parts.

172 Steering arms to Non PAS rack
Rack to the subframe
Polybushed Wishbones
Ball joints
Track rods ends
Hubs
Calipers
Discs
Pads
Polybushed Dogbone
Polybushed ARB,

211.jpg

I tightened everything up and then set about fitting my downpipe to my lovely Supersprint manifold.

The problem was it doesn’t fit :( it fouls against my 172 ARB).

212.jpg

213.jpg

Me being me instead of replacing my 172 ARB for the Williams one so it would fit I decided to do the more difficult thing and modify a 172 Manifold to fit it. Danny @ 519 told me not to bother but im going to give it ago as it only going to be about £20 wasted and my time. Plus I have sold the Supersprint now so I have got to make this work lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

i spy myself a beeson!! ;)

looks really clean and fresh man!! look forward to seeing the engine in situe!!

also spy myself a crane that i need to borrow sometime in july! ;)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

i spy myself a beeson!! ;)

looks really clean and fresh man!! look forward to seeing the engine in situe!!

also spy myself a crane that i need to borrow sometime in july! ;)

Thanks man yeah its getitng there i just want it finished now but got soooo much to do :(

Yeah no problem Beeson currently has it as he removed his engine.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Top work lad!

Thanks mate its a slow draw out process (Hence why i think i dont get amny replies plus im using the MK1 engine and i think everyone prefers MK2 engines on here)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Wednesday 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] May 2012

I put the arches on (not bolted) just in place so that I could lower the car down and ensure that the 172 track does not foul against it. I also put on the front grill and bumper. Bolted the wheels on and lowered the car on the ground. This is the first time the car has been on the floor in ages!

216.jpg

217.jpg

I do need to get some standard poverty spec arches I believe my colour code is UV460 does that sound about right?

218.jpg

I came home to find my rubber mounts that I am going to use to mount my mocal have turned up hooray! I have managed to source some standard non oil cooled parts so I don’t have to run the water cooled oil cooler but I am still waiting for them to turn up :(.

219.jpg

Friday 4[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2012

Well after finding out that my nan and granddads place is up for sale and that I might have to move the project I said to myself I am going to keep the car rolling encase they get a quick sale.

That idea lasted about 5 minutes when a mate of mine Barker was selling a Ktec 172 decat. He was also selling some coilovers and needed standard suspension in return. Anyway a deal was made that I would remove the decat and fit his cat plus give him the standard suspension for some cash and the decat. Sorted. So the car ended up going back on the axle stands. Not exactly what I wanted tbh but oh well.

Sunday 6[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2012

As I had spent the morning sorting out the garage and finding more parts that would be helpful in the build I thought I would do some more car stuff. I ended up dropping a boot full of stuff down to the car . I brought back with the MK1 Williams interior loom that I am going to be using on the car.

220.jpg

221.jpg

I then started stripping the wiring down and in my opinion going a bit to far so i scrapped that loom and used the spare one i had from my old project GLP.

Tuesday 8[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2012

As i scrapped the last loom i thought i should dig out my old one and see what state it is in. Luckily i had stored it resonsably well so everything was in good condition.

First of all i plugged all of the items that i was going to run into the loom and then labelled them as such.

222.jpg

I then removed all of the nice sticky yellow tape that i had originally done the loom in.

223.jpg

Started trimming down the wires

224.jpg

The finished mess for the day
225.jpg

I’m about a week behind with the updates but hopefully they should be getting better soon around the beginning of june :)

225 powered mk2

Awesome project dude! cant wait for more updates!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

you reckon the water oil cooler would fit on an F4R egine?? ;)

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

you reckon the water oil cooler would fit on an F4R egine?? ;)

Cant see why not as the thread for the oil filter is the same. You would just need to reroute some water hoses so the water would pass through it, anything is possible mate just need to think outside the box

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

could be a party!! dont suppose you have any spare F7R lower rad hoses? would probs make it easier to mount on! lol

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

could be a party!! dont suppose you have any spare F7R lower rad hoses? would probs make it easier to mount on! lol

Yeah i have a couple of them maybe we can do a deal on the CD changer lol

yea it does fit a couple off people on here use them

its coming along dan looks good

I thought it would as it pretty much the same bloody engine really.

Thanks mate. Also i just tried ringing you Mr Beeson

Rb 182

Thanks mate its a slow draw out process (Hence why i think i dont get amny replies plus im using the MK1 engine and i think everyone prefers MK2 engines on here)

I quite like the Mk1 engines. I found swapping them in and out to be a bit easier than the MK2 engine we swapped out the other day.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

I quite like the Mk1 engines. I found swapping them in and out to be a bit easier than the MK2 engine we swapped out the other day.

Not many on here do lol. But this site is more tailored for the newer clios but hey ho lol.

Also i agree to a certain degree depends if the MK2 has aircon, however the MK1 engine in a MK2 bay is lovely as you have a bit more room at the front.

DCI100 / 211hp MK1

Thanks James. You commenting on both forums now? lol

Also i picked up something tonight that i think you are after for your motor. Will reveal very soon!