ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

Just to clarify, if anyone posts up any VAG blowers, it's breaking teh rulz.

lol-483x499+mcs.jpg

The third one. But I did laugh.

350 is internetz figures for the 'scene'.

fred/matt seem to think a sorted F4Rt will hit low 300's so i'm happy with that, hell i'm happy with it now... sort of, well not really. its the 250 engines that are showing the mahoosive gains, 313+ off a remap.. have a word.

jamie, vag blowers, dunno mate, not really looked into it, if i go standalone maybs but its a simple fact of '$+£'...

The problem(s) with the megane is once you do one part another shows its weakness, its a case with all cars but the megs notorious for it. you do bigger injectors... the fuel gauge breaks, you run a decat, the AFR goes out, you fit a stronger set of cons/pulleys/ the turbos rescrictive, you bore a new turbo out, the ECU goes spare.

might just drop a spoon in y0!

i mean i dont know anyone else thats gonna work on it better than BTM/TDF and RST... it will be a showcase for their companies so they know to make it hawttttTT1!

One word. Clutch. Since it's in having all this work done, do it.

OEM units good for 300+, going to hopefully go single mass flywheel, just its only ktech that offer it ATM... although still cheaper than a dual mass replacement from renault, few boys are running them atm, one with issues, going to wait and see how they fair up.

Ask Fred where I can get a Clio clutch uprated/strengthened while your there please x

if he see's this im sure he'll have a look, failing that you could always ring him..

OEM units good for 300+, going to hopefully go single mass flywheel, just its only ktech that offer it ATM... although still cheaper than a dual mass replacement from renault, few boys are running them atm, one with issues, going to wait and see how they fair up.

if he see's this im sure he'll have a look, failing that you could always ring him..

Ours are the same (ours being S3 8Ls), but they go (along with coilpacks) after just a 255bhp remap... I know you'll look into everything - sod that, I know Fred will look into everything (;)) but still worth a mention.

^ you know me!!! i put alot of work in here you know!

'FREEDDDDDDDDDDDD help'

'ffs whats up now?'

'its brokeeee'

'see you tomorrow, bring whisky and fags'

Golf GTD Mk7
You not going to wack that r26 lump in fred was selling Naith? Box has LSD in already? Looking awersome and mean as usual. :approve:Cars not bad either ;)

I wanted that enigne and box, but Fred didnt accept my offer of 50p a week :(

/on topic and not spamming for the first time this page, really cant wait to see what you/Fred/Matt come up with on this!

G51 BEN
Very nice mate... Seen you once near the trafford centre a while back and looks just as nice in the flesh.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I hear you like positive camber???

Oh hiaz

Pride of the renaultsport fleet??!! Highly recommended camber boss!!

the positive camber comments above, well...

on my birthday (last friday, 12th) i decided to take the car out for one last run before she goes to BTM in Birmingham, I was meeting BrownBear and Christopher for abit of food and a chat, cheers for that btw lads...

on the way home i was driving along normal, exited a roundabout, warren about 100 metres behind, straight road and felt nothing like it before, the car snaps violently to the right like its swapping ends, the wheel had locked itself against the brake and with instantly felt like rear suspension failiure lifting the front N/S the back slammed into the curb..

now i'm no Alonso but I can pilot a wagon as well as some, but there was nothing i could do... I pulled continued for about 50 metres saw a locked tyre and sparks...

Getting out of the car i could do nothing but laugh and hi5 warren, i mean its just my luck.. on my birthday... my first words after checking it wasnt the suspenion arm were 'Bearing failiure'...

Anyway long story short, I drove the car another 100 metres down the road before she had no movement at all, the brake had seized to the disk, the pads were instantly ripped to shreds, the wheel had loads of lateral movement . I rang flux and arranged recovery, 2 hours later in rush hour some old boy arrives and spends the next half hour telling me, warren, riad, sy and jon (the jesus) random stories about all his women and how he enjoys racing MG's?!

anyway got her home, up the drive after 20 mins effort and spent the weekend getting ruined.

monday morning, lets have a good nosey. from -1.5 neg camber to plus 4/5. nice. (luckily i'm after some very special rims that hopefully will be ok to use..)

hubdamage1.jpg

I asked around on the sly, the general consensus was the axle needed replacing, I obviously thought (maybe through hope) that it was just the bearing that had gone inside the disk. So this morning 'mat-nos' comes over and we strip the rear down.

At this point i'd like to thank renault for building cars and assembley that have about 6 combinations within a wrench and allen key set for a single applience (the rear brake unit)

hubdamage5.jpg

yes thats the bearing internals on the floor :(

we stripped the rear assembly down with alot of cuts and trips for tools to my local motorsh1tworld,

hubdamage4.jpg

getting to the hub nut... it was not on tight, when i say not tight i mean its most probably the cause of the bearing moving about and causing it to fail, I now know its the bearing that failed as upon pulling the hub nut cover off the bearing internals fell out like sick. We eventually got the caliper housing off too and the disk, which considering the impact and the ABS marks is in good condition (obviously bar the bearing it houses).

hubdamage3.jpg

In theory we could press the bearing out and have a new one put in but for the price and safety of a new disk housing i'll just get a new disk ordered in, im hoping the Stub Axle isnt bent, on first impressions its hard to tell as the cars sat on an axle stand. For money and time more than anything I cannot afford it to be an axle replacement, but i dont think it will be. but I also dont fancy dying yet, so if theres a chance it could be mashed its getting replaced.

and here she is...!!1! lol, stub axle on show, sat on an axle stand with carrier bags covering the assembly, hardc0re.

hubdamage6.jpg

tax runs out at the end of the month and whether its via trailer or slowly driven there she's off to Birmingham to hibernate, she's not coming back for a while... time to get the blanket out and say goodnight for the winter me thinks.

hubdamage7.jpg

thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Rubbish luck on you're birthday, suppose it could have been worse though so thats something on the positive side to go for!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Couldn't do anything but laugh. Riad's mcdonalds trip finished me off!

At least it should be easily sorted fella.

Black Clio GT
problem is naith i dont think its a long term fix by just getting a new disk/bearing as the failed bearing has worn a lip into the stub axel which means a new one might not fit as tightly, but at least it can go back onto four wheels and put onto a trailer... fred can make a call on the axel if its not visibly bent when it goes back together!!!

lol at not bringing the right tools then buying the wrong size bit..... FAIL on my partbut we got there in the end!!

BMW M5 & E36
Not often a bearing goes from 100% to 0% in 0.4 seconds, they usually have a bit of an inbetween stage with some play in them.

Well I'm not an engineer or technical wisard so if there was tell tail signs I'd probably not known anyway. The bearing squealed twice in about a year at speed but as far as I knew, no tell tale signs until it failed

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
The bearing wasn't making a noise, and it seemed to drive straight....into a kerb.

Edited for the Lolz

And yeh I hope you get this sorted soon....when I saw it the other day on 3 legs on your drive it looked like a wounded spartan

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You should've ordered my food for me at Nando's.

Karma, innit? ;)

Like you said mate, anything's easily sorted!

Black Clio GT
Edited for the Lolz

And yeh I hope you get this sorted soon....when I saw it the other day on 3 legs on your drive it looked like a wounded spartan

lol.....that edit is rich coming from you, did you not bin it into a barrier through lack of talent??