ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

OK, cup rear beam and gubbings is all here now off pablo and will be going on within 2 weeks, its finding whether i can ghetto it on up the drive or it needs doing at BTM... i might get some new powerflex bushes built up too, emailing them this evening.

the new beam, axle assembly is cup so its a little better than the one coming off, its also not done too many miles. i cant decide whether to powdercoat it lime green, it 'might' look s**t so not too sure yet...

p1010069wl.jpg

p1010073id.jpg

p1010071wp.jpg

p1010068tf.jpg

car hasnt been started, let alone opened since November the 12th 2010! The race battery doesnt last long at the best of times so i had alex and chris come over today and see if she'd start....

DSC_0059.jpg

first fcuking time. GOAL.

smooth as megan fox's arse, purred, then she pissed her coolant out.

good times.

Point being, shes still alive, covered in building dust and mortar, but she has a heartbeat. I've ordered in some cheeky parts too as the spring air blows in....

me = :D

Schweeeet Naith!!!!!

I look forward to working on it, Is the battery now on charge or not?

no it didnt even start again after the first time, will need to get a trickle charger this week, i know theres one at BTM but theres a chance it'll come to you roadworthy as i cant wait much longer looking at it with positve camber, sat there rotting away lol.

<3 RENND x

well deserved iirc ;)

okayyyy, its been long enough now and fcuk all has happened, I wanted to forget about the car and was ready to break it but i opened her up and sat in her the otherday and slapped myself.

so with the new beam bought we set about swapping it over today to the new stub, axle, lines, basically everything. I say we, I mean mat-nos and 'curtis' who put alot more graft in than me, I was site forman i guess ;) excuse orange in pics and on the car, been having alot of house renovations done and the car is FILTHY.

the whole process took about two hours and as everyone got cuts and bruises we eventually dropped the old rear beam, arb and axle which had seen better days.

newrearbeam004.jpg

newrearbeam003.jpg

newrearbeam006.jpg

newrearbeam008.jpg

when the rear wheel went back on to see whether it was just the bearing that was knackered it showed (with about 3 deg of positive camber) that the problem lay deeper, beam off and inspected the stub axle shows the true story of the damage....

newrearbeam019.jpg

Anyhoo, all rear components were removed and the new beam tidied up. The braided lines will be added back onto the new one tomo after they've been cleaned along with the KW springs and dampers/adjusters. And hopefully the calipers are erm, given a treat :)

newrearbeam016.jpg

Anyway, the car will sit like this till sat morning when we add the beam back on, hopefully with new rear brake disks, the boot floor will be coming out too and replaced with a CF blank, to enable the exhaust to sit VERY differently...

newrearbeam010.jpg

I also thinnk it only fair to explain the exhaust seen as its asked everytime i'm at a meet, the in depth accurate pic is below

newrearbeam015.jpg

;)

Also started the car up and she's got a massive misfire on idle, mat thinks all she needs is a good blast up the motorway but we shall be changing the thermostat on sat as the coolant stayed cold for a while and i'd cry if i tried driving it to freds and she boiled herself. theres a 99% change the bottom of the rad is knackered too and thats what makes her dump her coolant but, lets get the wheels straightened first ey... :)

she'll be back soon...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What's been the hold up Sexy?

Surely you didn't seriously think of breaking her? f**k me, all for a rear axle that can be off and on in a day!

Too much time spent on that silver thing and not on your own! Get it back to life old boy!

cheers guys, tbh gal, the idea was a flash but she's a mess. and i lost two jobs so couldnt do much, although as of saturday she'll technically be roadworthy!

just need to get some loktight for the bolts going back in, some Dot 5.1 brake fluid, and she'll go back together fine.

As for the engine, well... i know the compression is down but i dont know what made her idle so erratically the otherday, I'm guessing the radiator is shot too, no biggy just awkward, we'll open the thermostat housing on sat, put a tenners fuel in and run her round the block... just dont tell vosa ;)

Yeh boy! Cant wait to see this again, feels like ages she's been off the road!

since november 12th...

sat in garage tonight cleaning the beam off as new as i can, without painting it, i fancy hammeriting rust patches, minimal as they are but i'll no doubt fcuk that up. Put the braided lines back on too, the beam 'should' go straight on this saturday.... fingers crossed.

Black Clio GT
few more hrs on it this weekend should get it boosting round the block..... on 3.5 cylinders lol

list for you to get.....
coolant, thermostat, 2.5" and 2" exhaust clamp, brake fluid, a meter of clear beather pipe or summert to bleed the brakes, n/s rear disc and bearing

Ffs I'm not gonna get them by tomo, I'll have coolant and brake fluid, I'll get fred to bring some tomo.

Thermostat u can get with me as I'm scared and exhaust can wait for a few days innit :)

B&Q tomo midday? Safe.

someone wants to regain their crown....

full new phase 2 beam is on, curtis! and mat nos to thank for their sterling efforts, all 4 hours work as it wouldnt sit properly uintill we got angry and erm how do i say this, beat it in...the temp left rear disk i wanted to run was also cracked in the bearing so bought a disk from BTM this week, well from renault via BTM but whatever... its fitted in this pic just didnt have time to get the caliper and brake assemblys on unfortunately.

going to build the brakes back up tomo, bleed them and get her dropped down. took the adjusters out from the back suspension so she'll look decked, not sure if i'll like it but its not hard to put back on so we'll see tomo....

_DSC0011.jpg

shaping up nicely. hopefully run her round the block with a jerrycan of 97 tomo/sunday, Insure myself back on her and MOT her....

Hopefully....

it doesnt rain... f**king pours...

i wanted the car on four wheels sat ready to have the front taken off and parts layed ith to make her 'road going'. it was my plan to switch the insurance over this week back onto the meg but nooooooooooooo.

when the bearing failed and the wheel went the side impact mashed alot of things up, we thought all the parts had been replaced. the caliper carrier however is bent, fitted to the new disk it rubs on the top and is wide on the bottom which tells the story of the bottom of the wheel hitting the curb the hardest and bending it. looking at the pic below it was so fcuking obvious too...

Salford-20110503-00131.jpg

i now have two options, i've emailed a guy on ebay breaking a 225 in salford, if he comes through then happy days as he'll be local. other option is a new carrier from renault, even after being 'looked after' it still rocks in at 80quid roughly. I'd need to soak the arms of the ajoining carrier and vice the bolts out too. whichever way i look at it, its a setback i didnt need. on the positive at least the new carrier wont be rusted up to the nines :clown:

Beginning to wonder whether she'll be fixed anytime soon...

Golf GTD Mk7
:( gutted pal. Can you not just bend that one back? Doesn't look too far out.

Pink Salford Wheelie FTL :rasp:

i 'could' but tbh mate its not worth it, its the top bit thats bent, the bit on the left for those not in the know. it must of been a HUGE force to bend it like it has so i dont know if i fancy it catching during a high speed run, so to speak. Ive recently started trying to do things properly on the car too, sick of being a pikey! lol

salford pink bins are the only gayness allowed round here so at least give us that!

Golf GTD Mk7
lol fair enough mate. Nothing wrong with cable ties and hammers.

Got to admit those bins certainly brighten the place up :approve:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Fingers crossed the local guys comes up trumps, have you priced them up at renault?