ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Naith stop with the southern style negativity, it doesn't suit you. Car looks boss. And those wheels......hubba!

Switched over to flickr now so hoping the pics will be clearer, cleaner and abit more insightful.

So... set about sorting some problems on the car yesterday using a friends ramp. really happy with the progress made to be honest. didn't think the car would make it into the garage but after using alot of wood and hopes and dreams she snaked in.

7328411934_9eee1f1c5b_c.jpg

IMG_0014 by NaithanAriane, on Flickr

7328412578_f75259a1b6_c.jpg

IMG_0012 by NaithanAriane, on Flickr

all the bits of rust above were powersanded and sprayed to protect it, looks like new underneath now tbh.

Had the rear beam off in about 10 mins to bolt the replacement plates in, brake lines off and plugged plus all other ancillaries, licked the underside with protectant whilst i was at it too, so the car now has 100% Phase 2 cup rear end inc roll bar (thinking about it the only thing thats ph1 225 ff is the shell, side and rear windows!) Pulling the rear plates off theres no visible damage but the cushioning ring for the left spring has deteriorated and stretched, showing left to right stress movement, anyhoo we fixed it and replaced it.

I then worked my way around the car removing any scum from stickers on the windows and headlights, such a small thing but massive difference.

7328408342_5e2cc8eee9_c.jpg

IMG_0039 by NaithanAriane, on Flickr

Tom and riad then reckoned they could fix the handbrake, so i left them to it as the missus showed up moaning i hadn't seen her all day, hard to explain the meg handbrake but it failing is a common problem. basically the two cables hook onto a teether under pressure, if one is a little more slack the teether bends until it fails popping it off the cables. To my shock they fixed it and we timed it tight so it only needs two clicks to bite.

Onto the other lift we removed all the rivets and connectors for the skirts and remounted them, miles better now and i'll seal them this week with some black sealant i picked up over the winter. i also sprayed my centre caps black (bar one i got stuck testing the fit) no biggy to fix though, having some green oz centres made up to finish them off this week.

7328414614_94e519c22f_c.jpg

IMG_0004 by NaithanAriane, on Flickr

7328415628_3361fec660_c.jpg

IMG_0001 by NaithanAriane, on Flickr

Also fitted the LED fog light, will take it off today to spray the surround too.

The tracking is off on the car and the TRE's are shot so its hard to tell but already on the way home i could turn the car in at speed without the back wobbling.

I still cant get over riad wanting to help and then helping, its like he's turned over a new leaf. Or maybe he just wanted to raid my wardrobe last night so was being extra nice lol...

So MOT passed, car just needs taxing and a quick blast to BTM for some front work and mapping.

7328413452_06a4f7bd85_c.jpg

IMG_0007 by NaithanAriane, on Flickr

7328407100_6568654c9c_c.jpg

IMG_0057 by NaithanAriane, on Flickr

Easy... Not like i've left it last minute or anything, again.

BG DCI
Just read through the whole of this and what a journey...

Really great you have persisted through! inspirational to someone who has only owned most of his cars less than 6 months!

I want a Meg badly now!

Well done!

What power after the next mapping are you looking for?

Liam.

mapping i dont know tbh, certain engine parts need strengthening so be happy at 265/270 to keep it safe and dialled in for now.

and it wouldnt be falling apart if you got back to me now would it adam ;)x

of to btm tomorrow, see how we can sort this tracking and geo!

Haha i do love the secrecy behind what it's going to look like.. Luckily James did my decals and he may of told me (I won't blab!) Really looking forward to what it looks like on photo's/in person! :approve: