ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: someph-ing different...........

Now now. The Alternator is nobody's fult but your own. If you hadn't been such a tight fisted carrot cruncher you wouldn't be in this mess would you...

Brand new all the way. :D

(Hi)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

No idea tbh. I assumed I was on a ban but it would appear It only lasted the night! :D

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

those who are following the thread will kind of know the problems i have had with the alternator, and then in the previous posts, the dogbone powerflex bushes too....but today was not a total waste

alternator - will hopefully be 3rd time lucky, this time i have ordered new from renault, may be dollar but should hopefully be right.
1 incorrect one is going back,
the other standard 172 alternator (brand new one is still for sale)
my original one is disappearing...lol

Powerflex dogbone bushes - i will send them back and get them exchanged for the correct ones...

the next scheduled plan of attack again is wednesday, so won't be going for the cage on monday.....b*llocks.

so what i did do today...

received my K-tec (vibratechnics) engine and gearbox mounts.....so went to the office and collected them, then went back to the workshop and fitted them, on the gearbox mount the so called captive nuts were rubbish....glad i have upgraded now...

mounts
IMG_1246.jpg

gearbox mount in place
IMG_1257.jpg

upper engine mount in place
IMG_1262.jpg

then fitted my stud conversion studs and bolts from Grayston, i decided in the end to go for the 80mm studs all the way round, would deffo give me mucho clearance for the wheels and open studs, i then had to measure up 4 and cut these down for the lockers, took a while to get them all loctited / measured cut and fixed but i think they look awesome, will make the job of changing wheels easy...

studs in rear
IMG_1264.jpg

studs in front and cut down for locker
IMG_1267.jpg

with bolts and locker on
IMG_1269.jpg

with all bolts and locker cover on also
IMG_1270.jpg

and just to keep the haters happy, got all new badges, these will be going on very soon
IMG_1278.jpg

next upload probably next week...

Qashcow

at least something has been done, would do my head in all the wrong things turning up. oh wait there.... lol

interested to hear opinion on the mounts after what i said about them, might be next in line on my list too

340i

Following from your phone call earlier hope all the alternator problems are sorted now!!

The powerflex dog bone is the same part no. As the williams/16v for the ph-1 172 ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

indeed at least something was done...i was taking positives from all the negatives today...lol

will let you know on the mounts bomber..the car is getting a fair bit more hardcore now with those and the cage...

hope so gray, cheers for the pointer on the powerflex bits..

SchwepTek™

Looking mint dude. Really need to catch up soon!

I need a new gearbox mount but have just had a standard new upper engine mount fitted!?!? Wonder if the Ktec gearbox mount would be alright on its own.

I need some lockers for my stud conversion too!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

cheers schwepp, any more luck on saturday? no worries if not...

hopefully it should all be done for combe / trax...

look into grayston engineering stuff schwepp, very good

Qashcow

think studs need to be on my list too, especially as ive got the track and road wheels now. just make it a bit easier on swapping all the time.

lockers was my only concern but seems that can be overcome too. good times. well fingers crossed you have more luck with the bulk of it next weds!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

indeed i hope so...

it takes a bit of patience and maths to sort the lockers stud but if you can be patient its worth it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Niel, I forgot to ask you how you're getting on with the EBC setup?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so the third week is here, although it has taken 3 weeks this is only yht ethird day of working on the car...and guess what

the brand new alternator fits..........f*ck yeah

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

yerp its back on, now for the service, all new oils / filters...

looking forward to driving it home all fresh, no air-con, new uprated mounts and the catcam 428's...

Revels Mum & Sister

Looking good cracker!

How long ago was it you saw me spannering on the Evo? Must have been a while ago! You ever round that way at all?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i would say that was at least a year ago now...
i still come down yeovil yeah, however me and the miss have moved in together now down pilton way so hardly pop up my mates before roller hockey.

am down the quicksilver on friday night though..weirdly

Revels Mum & Sister

The good old Quicksilver! We are out Saturday might try and swing by and stalk you ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

drove home and all was good, bit of vibration from the new mounts but if you can't hack that you must be a p*ssy...goes well and all feels so tight

will put a large update up with pics very soon

Qashcow

yai, its all done at last. the mounts cant be that bad then, may invest..... after the new bike...... after the new cage..... after the mortgage.... :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

well i am without the car again

dropped off this morning at caged for a full 6 point cage with removable door bars...can't wait

have tried uploading the pics of the engine work to photobucket but keeps denying me, will keep trying

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

will do you 2
its a bolt in, they are putting in the box sections also for me, will have the x bars behind the seats and then 2 harness bars in with them also, having a dash dodger myself as my dash is alright....

can't wait to get it back already

ITB'd 182...

will do you 2
its a bolt in, they are putting in the box sections also for me, will have the x bars behind the seats and then 2 harness bars in with them also, having a dash dodger myself as my dash is alright....

can't wait to get it back already

How long mate?

What you cruising about in?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

This car looked awesome at Trax, good job on it mate, quality motor.