ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The first phI v6 in Aus!! + 172, 182, R26

130i Road, 172 Track
The first phI Clio v6 has just arrived in Sydney and is now driving around trying to avoid the pot-holes. To celebrate a few of us met up and took some photos and then some of us went for a blat through "the Nasho" :cool:

4033354225_8da56a6501_b.jpg

4033356667_17b1bef5f5_b.jpg

4034114530_8d697b47df_b.jpg

4033929392_b0d8d6f90f_b.jpg

4033939502_64078db8fd_b.jpg

4033364257_05f38e3a46_b.jpg

4034125734_46637b3345_b.jpg

This came down to check things out too :cool:

4033421157_ed6eaaf6cb_b.jpg

Hi-res here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkie86/sets/72157622512400247/

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
its been imported from uk can tell from the steering wheel unless they ordered it from factory to be right Streen wheel

130i Road, 172 Track
Lovely :D Where was it improted from?

Yep. The owner brought it with him from the UK a couple of months ago & it's now all registered and driveable. It's even got a GB sticker on the back & the original plates in the boot. :cool:

130i Road, 172 Track
thats awesome! You guy at ozrenaultsport have a great forum! :)

Thanks Ali! Definitely a great bunch of blokes (and girls!) over 'ere.

Just wish we had more Vees!! There're now 2 in Aus. This silver phI in Sydney, and a blue phII in Adelaide (currently for sale) - wish I had the funds! :dead:

Oh and there's also now a Williams in Adelaide too - guy just brought it over from the UK this year :cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Crazy funds too iirc!!!! Considering they can be had in the uk for £12k!!!

I'll post a couple of mine on the forum before it goes into hibernation for the winter!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
That Merc Black is stunning

Sure I seen the owner on the V6 forum talking about this.

Looks good!

130i Road, 172 Track
Would it be cheaper to import one?

Aus. Design Rules (ADRs) for cars are ridiculous, and currently noone has the compliance rights for Vees... It involves crashing one in tests etc etc, and noone wants to do that!

Easiest is to live in the UK and own one for 12 months continuously - you can bring whatever car you want over if you do that.

I've heard of a cars people have brought over from the UK that we never got here - TVR Sagaris, Tuscan, Porsche Carrera GT, 2 Clio V6s and a Williams!

130i Road, 172 Track
Thanks for the comments!

It was pretty windy so I was surprised when the pics didn't fail completely - I had to hold on to my tripod to brace it, which is never a good thing :S

Cliosport 197
Cars look great,nice pictures.

Love that merc,is it a SL 65???see a black one up london the other week and they look amazing with their flared arches,DTM car for the road.

130i Road, 172 Track
Cars look great,nice pictures.

Love that merc,is it a SL 65???see a black one up london the other week and they look amazing with their flared arches,DTM car for the road.

CLK63 Black Series. I posted some pics of it in the General Automotive media section ;)

Inferno Clio Cup 182
thats awesome! You guy at ozrenaultsport have a great forum! :)

'cept for this fella called Walkie who thinks he can take photos :rasp:

There's an interesting selection of imports over here, a couple of 5-Turbos, a few spiders (6-ish), a few dozen Alpines and now the willy and a couple of Vees.

What is interesting is the fact there are some unsold R27s here still.

130i Road, 172 Track
'cept for this fella called Walkie who thinks he can take photos :rasp:

There's an interesting selection of imports over here, a couple of 5-Turbos, a few spiders (6-ish), a few dozen Alpines and now the willy and a couple of Vees.

What is interesting is the fact there are some unsold R27s here still.

Hoo hoo!! :eek:

I know how to take them (switch on, turn to auto and press the black button) but that's about it!

:rasp: