ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hey Oli - perhaps if we could persuade the CS powers-that-be to up subscription prices to, say, £50 a year then maybe it could happen... :) I'd pay the £50 for the entertainment I get on here! LOL! :D

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
My Trophy should be here this week so ill have a choice. . Probably like to give the van a blast. .

Ive just sat & read this thread start to finish & hats off to you mate, all the s**t you've been through with it & you've kept with it were others would have called it a day & it looks like a very fine example with some great mods, i bet you can't wait to get it back now. i went about a full year without my ph1 while it was off the road so i know how your feeling having to wait.

:approve::cool::evil:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
My Trophy should be here this week so ill have a choice. . Probably like to give the van a blast. .
Welcome to the CS high-rollers group... ;) People think that the BMW is the way of the CS Elite but, truthfully, the trophy is where it's at... LOL! :)

Ive just sat & read this thread start to finish & hats off to you mate, all the s**t you've been through with it & you've kept with it were others would have called it a day & it looks like a very fine example with some great mods, i bet you can't wait to get it back now. i went about a full year without my ph1 while it was off the road so i know how your feeling having to wait.

:approve::cool::evil:
Thanks for the reply and for taking the time to read through, mate. I appreciate it's probably quite a long read now! I've been close to throwing in the towel on one or two occasions but ultimately would've regretted it. Despite the issues it still drove so well and I can't beat it for plain old fun. As you say, I can't wait to get it back and having been there yourself (for an even longer period!) you can imagine I'm chomping at the bit to get out and drive it. I'm pretty sure the end result will be worth it.

By the way mate - I REALLY like your Yella Peril! I hope I get chance to see it in the flesh/metal at some point. In the meantime I'll continue to follow your thread with interest. :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Hope this all goes well for you mate, I have had a few problems along the way with mine as well, it will be worth it in the end. Will the car be at css, be good to have a look at it.

That quite alright mate it took awhile to read through the whole thing but it was a very interesting read. As you've said from the start it's a keeper but even with the problems you've had it would have tested a lot of people & they would have sold up so hats off to you. I'm sure the end result will defo be worth the wait it will be like driving a new car again.

Thanks very much mate that means a lot. Are you going to CSS or is it abit far for you to travel? I'd love you have a look round yours.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hope this all goes well for you mate, I have had a few problems along the way with mine as well, it will be worth it in the end. Will the car be at css, be good to have a look at it.
Thank you mate. :) These Clios can make for one hell of a love/hate relationship! But they get under the skin and you . just . can't . tear . yourself . away ... :)

That quite alright mate it took awhile to read through the whole thing but it was a very interesting read. As you've said from the start it's a keeper but even with the problems you've had it would have tested a lot of people & they would have sold up so hats off to you. I'm sure the end result will defo be worth the wait it will be like driving a new car again.

Thanks very much mate that means a lot. Are you going to CSS or is it abit far for you to travel? I'd love you have a look round yours.
You're welcome - it's a real credit to you. :)

I'm planning on being at CSS. It is a bit of a trek but I don't actually mind driving to be honest; that's what I bought it for so I intend to get the most out of it ;) To be fair, it might be a bit tight in terms of being ready in time as it still needs to be finished and mapped at RS Tuning. I know Fred would like it finished and wants to try and get it ready in time but obviously I appreciate they (Fred and Paul) are busy guys with hectic schedules of their own. If it's ready, it will be there. :) If not, I hope there will be other opportunities.

I'd very much like to take a look at your Peril and domsclio182 beast! :)

You're welcome - it's a real credit to you. :)

I'm planning on being at CSS. It is a bit of a trek but I don't actually mind driving to be honest; that's what I bought it for so I intend to get the most out of it ;) To be fair, it might be a bit tight in terms of being ready in time as it still needs to be finished and mapped at RS Tuning. I know Fred would like it finished and wants to try and get it ready in time but obviously I appreciate they (Fred and Paul) are busy guys with hectic schedules of their own. If it's ready, it will be there. :) If not, I hope there will be other opportunities.

I'd very much like to take a look at your Peril and domsclio182 beast! :)

Hopefully it'll be ready in time for you to attend & so I can have a nosey at it lol, it would be a nice first drive out in it too :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Steve H on here organises a lot of track days at Oulton, maybe give him a shout.
Cheers Tony - noted. :)

Hopefully it'll be ready in time for you to attend & so I can have a nosey at it lol, it would be a nice first drive out in it too :)
No problem, mate - you're more than welcome to have a nosey. And yes, it would be a nice drive; a chance to stretch the legs a bit. Are you looking at trekking down for FCS as well?

Seen the car at BTM had a quick chat with Fred about it, looks like it will be pretty sweet once finished.
Bl00dy tease! LOL! :D Cheers mate and thanks for the reply. I'm more than a little excited to be honest. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If I go to FCS I will be parked up, Chip. I'm not at all comfortable taking the car out on Action Days or indeed shows like this. Whilst I'm fully aware that accidents can happen (and there's always a risk) I'd rather not chance my newly rebuilt car when there's potential for a lot of knobbers being out on track; trying to prove that their little French rocket is more capable than mine. Well organised trackdays only I'm afraid. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If I go to FCS I will be parked up, Chip. I'm not at all comfortable taking the car out on Action Days or indeed shows like this. Whilst I'm fully aware that accidents can happen (and there's always a risk) I'd rather not chance my newly rebuilt car when there's potential for a lot of knobbers being out on track; trying to prove that their little French rocket is more capable than mine. Well organised trackdays only I'm afraid. :)

Thats a shame mate.
Can understand your logic but personally I quite enjoy the mayhem on these sort of days. And tbh even on properly organised trackdays there is still a significant risk of someone else's mistake costing you a car.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Back at ya mate! :) LOL!

Thats a shame mate.
Can understand your logic but personally I quite enjoy the mayhem on these sort of days. And tbh even on properly organised trackdays there is still a significant risk of someone else's mistake costing you a car.
Yes, there is always that risk no matter how well organised the event. I totally agree. If it was a dedicated track car then fair enough, I'd be happy to take it out there and enjoy the potential mayhem. But until then the plan is to minimise the risk... at least until I've had some time to enjoy it! Mind you, it's probably safer on track than on the roads these days. :) Anyways, I'm hoping to get along to a few more trackdays once the car is back and paid for (and the bank balance looking healthy again). I'm pretty sure we'll hook up at some event or other (as opposed to just at Llandow!) I wouldn't mind a ride in your turbo'd Clio on a 'proper' track to be honest.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Yes, there is always that risk no matter how well organised the event. I totally agree. If it was a dedicated track car then fair enough, I'd be happy to take it out there and enjoy the potential mayhem. But until then the plan is to minimise the risk... at least until I've had some time to enjoy it! Mind you, it's probably safer on track than on the roads these days. :) Anyways, I'm hoping to get along to a few more trackdays once the car is back and paid for (and the bank balance looking healthy again). I'm pretty sure we'll hook up at some event or other (as opposed to just at Llandow!) I wouldn't mind a ride in your turbo'd Clio on a 'proper' track to be honest.

​Oulton or Aintree please guys :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

sounds good to me mate.

Im unusually quiet trackday wise at the moment due to the house move at the moment but should be back to doing a lot more again in a couple of months once we are straightened out at home.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies for the lack of updates but due to issues with parts, deliveries, apprentices causing injuries, me wanting a few changes along the way, etc. things are taking a little longer than initially expected. However, it is getting there and I can't wait. Fred has kept me updated and it shouldn't be too much longer. Like the finer things in life, sometimes you just have to wait for them! I would like to take it along to the FCS (especially as it's fairly local this year) but it will be incredibly tight if being honest (obviously it needs a bit of time spent on the mapping once it's back together). At the end of the day I'd rather the job be done properly than rushed and messed-up. Further updates soon. Watch this space...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, Chip - that may well be the case. Regardless of the car situation I'll be at Llandow come rain or, well, rain! I'll bring the camera down in case Dan can't make it and try and at least get a few half-decent photos for people. I'd really like to make the Go-Karting as well but sadly I can't make that evening.

And yes, I'm sure it will be worth it. Mind you, I wouldn't mind another ride out in your boosted Clio if that's ok... absolutely loved it last time! :D

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
HiBeen following your thread for a while now and know what your going though lol. I've got a pretty much a similar spec as yours. I had mine done last year and it took from April to the end of September, again like you..parts issues!!! Once you do get it back all will be forgotten and the smile it gives you every time it's driven never wears off.

Good luck with it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah, Chip - that may well be the case. Regardless of the car situation I'll be at Llandow come rain or, well, rain! I'll bring the camera down in case Dan can't make it and try and at least get a few half-decent photos for people. I'd really like to make the Go-Karting as well but sadly I can't make that evening.

And yes, I'm sure it will be worth it. Mind you, I wouldn't mind another ride out in your boosted Clio if that's ok... absolutely loved it last time! :D

Im kind of hoping the boosted one wont be there, as I desperately want to find the time to get the mk1 ready, but whatever im in you are welcome to jump in of course mate :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
HiBeen following your thread for a while now and know what your going though lol. I've got a pretty much a similar spec as yours. I had mine done last year and it took from April to the end of September, again like you..parts issues!!! Once you do get it back all will be forgotten and the smile it gives you every time it's driven never wears off.

Good luck with it.
Thanks mate and thanks for following my thread. :) I would imagine your ph1 is a bit special by the sounds of things... do you have a project thread at all? And if I recall correctly, are you on the K-Tec DTH setup? (Sure I remember reading that somewhere a while back...) Cheers!

Im kind of hoping the boosted one wont be there, as I desperately want to find the time to get the mk1 ready, but whatever im in you are welcome to jump in of course mate :)
Ah, fair enough mate - I can appreciate that time is something you probably don't have much of at the moment! But thanks anyway, I'll jump in regardless of what you take along. :D

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I finally got my hands on my old ITB kit the other week and I'm currently working through the list of people who are interested in buying them. Due to one reason or another the healthy list of interested parties has reduced somewhat! LOL! :D

Anyways, out with the old... and looking forward to the "in with the new" bit! :) (Thanks to Dan/Russ for collecting them from BTM on my behalf!)

This is the OLD kit that's going!!!

20130630_dth-itbs-01.jpg

20130630_dth-itbs-02.jpg

20130630_dth-itbs-03.jpg

20130630_dth-itbs-04.jpg

20130630_dth-itbs-05.jpg

20130630_dth-itbs-06.jpg

20130630_dth-itbs-07.jpg

20130630_dth-itbs-08.jpg

Bring on the new trumpets! Soon! :)

why did i have to see if it was a update, still want bodies but as said it's not really the wisest move on my lump as it's 140k lol as said GLWS

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
^ No worries and cheers, mate! I appreciate that circumstances and reasons can and do change so no problem. It's been a pleasure chatting to you anyway! LOL! :) I have a few more people interested in them so I'm sure they will find a good home in the end.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Damn... I could have sworn I'd disabled that particular webcam, Tony... Don't tell the missus. She's going to get a big enough shock when Fred sends the bill because this will be the most expensive service and panel filter she'll ever see... :eek:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
^ That might work, Tony. Until she met me she'd never ventured further north than Birmingham... :eek: Mind you, she's just bought a new laptop so my man-maths is telling me that her actions alone make it alright for me to spend a similar amount in whichever way I choose.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully not too long now, mate. :) I'm happy to report that the ITB's pictured above have found a new home but that's all I have in terms of news at the moment.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
They were a bargain mate I'd of bought them as ornaments...
I can actually believe that, too... :D

Getting back on track (see what I did there?) and asking the CS community at large, are there any 'preferred' methods for when it comes to running in a newly built high-compression / forged engine? The plan is to get the car up to Paul at RS Tuning for mapping as soon as possible after Fred's done with it but I'm not sure that the work he'll be doing will constitute a 'running in' period... Due to some changes at home / work I need to get the car up and running asap otherwise I'm going to have to start hiring a car to commute (no public transport links where I'm working and my better half really needs her car back having borrowed it since January! She's an understanding soul bless her!) Yes, I would ask Fred but he's on holiday at the moment and I'm trying to plan ahead a little.

Also, what's the deal regarding MOT's, tax and insurance when the car is having long-term work done? The thing is, these will soon be coming around and it's quite possible that I won't have the Trophy back by then. Cheers!