ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a special thing. I'm just not sure I'm ready for a folding phone. Especially with a new iPad next to me. I love my spen but I want it silo'd. Maybe in mk4 they will have.

One thing I would say, in the hand, the phone feels like alien tech. Even the mk1 blew me away! The new one refines the design and sleeks the finish.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
20210812_125257.jpg
20210812_131232.jpg
20210812_131236.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What happened to the Asus folding thing?

They were supposed to be the company launching the first folding phone, but then I can't remember hearing much since?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The pixel also worth a consideration for point and shoot. The s21 has been quite well talked about over the last few months. Seems to have picked up quite a following because the ultra was so expensive.

Would also recommend a note 10+ if you fancied a bigger screen and expandable SD. Great point and shoot. It's not great it's actually an epic camera.

Got an S21 today. Feels silky smooth to use compared with my S10. 120hz is really worth it. Everything feels so fast. Can't really tell the drop in resolution. Good to get rid of the bixby button.

Tried a few pics tonight but the sun was going down so not really a fair test.

Fingerprint scanner is way faster/easier too. I prefer the flatter screen. Not sure about the plastic back though. It's really slippery! I think because it is a matt finish so my fingers don't stick to it at all.

Reactions: riz
  Leon FR ST
I know a few use a sim only deal on phones...what's everyone using?
With Vodafone at present but thinking of using someone that uses the Vodafone network but can provide a cheaper deal...so looking for recommendations

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Request your PAC. I did so and was paying £25 for 25Gb and now paying £10 for 20Gb! That's with EE mind. Told my mate to do the same and they dropped his from £20 to £15 not sure on the data though.

Leon FR ST
Been offered sim only through ee as my broadband is with bt and now they are now owned by the same company...so that's an option

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The four of us are on Vodafone 12-month SIM only, and my two girls have for a few months been running close to the 5GB limit we each have.

Vodafone called me up, highlighted this, and moved them both to 100GB per month at a monthly cost of £17 for each of them. This was for the remaining period of the 12-month contract too...they didn't force a contract extension.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I pay £18/month with Three for unlimited. I think they usually have the best prices but have seen people complain about their coverage although that's not an issue I've had and I've been with them for years now.

I don't think I could go back to 5GB a month 😂

SmartSelect_20210903-212259_Settings.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
O2. £10 for 20GB and unlimited minutes, text (who cares).

Fire onto the comparison sites and see what is available. Watch some of the cheaper Vodafone ones. They’re “Basics” plans. No roaming and a few other features missing too.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on 02, £17 for 80gb but they are pretty s**t.
When I get a 5g phone I'll go with EE, £20 for 120gb on sim only. Pisses all over O2 where we are.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm due to go SIM.only this month as there is no new note this year! Will be interesting to see what they offer after 20 years of being a customer! 😂

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No. There was a tad sarcasm in there!

Oh and you can upgrade anytime... But you have to call up the day the contract finishes to go SIM only... So when you forget they can bill the arse out you at contracted rate!

I'll never leave them even though I hate them.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tesco sim only all day long imo👍 cheap deals great coverage 02 and customer service even better deals for existing customers and the never put up you price in contract unlike everyone else tries too

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Out of interest how do you guys use so much data? When I was on 25Gb I was using between 1-2Gb per month. I'm on Wi-Fi wherever I go! Really don't have use for much data these days.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think they do. I think they go for 20gb just incase.

I listen to podcasts and YouTube audio in the car daily so it can add up quite a bit. Streaming etc. These days you can hit some serious GB quickly.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If I was on EE I'd easily use 100gb a month I'd say.
My work phone gets absolutely hammered for 2 weeks at a time off shore, tethering to the PlayStation to either play online or stream films/ football at work, plus tethering to my personal phone. O2 is beyond useless at sea. I use my O2 data at home because it's not too bad in most places, although there's a few blackspots. Then I use it for YouTube vanced in the car to play any YouTube video in the background if I'm not listening to a pod.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
My average month is around 60gb. I stream music all day at work and rarely have the WiFi on at home. 5g is faster

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I pay £1/m with 3, 8gb, unlimited everything else.
Its via cashback and the signal is woeful - but I can accept that for £1/m!

At work I use their wi-fi & at home we have FTTH with wifi-6 so I seldom use data on my phone. It's taken a hammering in Poland though given the third world internet we have at the property here

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Guys help me please!

I have a new iPhone 12 Pro Max and an old iPhone 8.

I tried to set the new phone up but it’s been frozen like this for the last 18 hours. I really need to sort this today.

Can anyone help??

Pic of new phone screen, been like this since 1pm yesterday.

330CF997-B973-45A5-9787-06201183265C.jpeg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Guys help me please!

I have a new iPhone 12 Pro Max and an old iPhone 8.

I tried to set the new phone up but it’s been frozen like this for the last 18 hours. I really need to sort this today.

Can anyone help??

Pic of new phone screen, been like this since 1pm yesterday.

View attachment 1556119

Got a decent internet connection?

Fiesta ST-2
Got an S21 today. Feels silky smooth to use compared with my S10. 120hz is really worth it. Everything feels so fast. Can't really tell the drop in resolution. Good to get rid of the bixby button.

Tried a few pics tonight but the sun was going down so not really a fair test.

Fingerprint scanner is way faster/easier too. I prefer the flatter screen. Not sure about the plastic back though. It's really slippery! I think because it is a matt finish so my fingers don't stick to it at all.
I have the S21, got it very cheap stacking deals with Samsung. Battery life is shocking, worse than my S10 after 2 years use. Camera is trash too. Very disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I have the S21, got it very cheap stacking deals with Samsung. Battery life is shocking, worse than my S10 after 2 years use. Camera is trash too. Very disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Really!?

Stacking deals?🤔

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well you didn’t say you had an expert… mad how good kids are with tech.
He’s not that good, he wedged my SIM card in upside down. He got a flick in the balls for that.
But I’m now replying on my new phone. That’s f**king huge and I’m terrified I’m going to drop it….