ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Trophy's Replacement - Naples 16v

When you fit the center cap on there's only one way they fit without falling off.

On the inside there's a picture of a valve line that up with the valve on the wheel and it shouldn't fall off then.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
That looks fantastic!! I know you said it was red and I love red (my old 172 was a flamer) real beauty you have there!!

Edition 30
What you bought Daniels valver!? Why didn't you keep me updated.

Please don't tell me your breaking the T yourself as well?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Love it, love it, love it.

How about black williams/prima wheels, with a polished lip??

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Stunning choice.

Takes me back to mine

clioshop.gif

11-3.gif

10-2.gif

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what you're getting at Danny - but both my Williams' had a distinctive mk1 smell which I enjoy. Maybe you're thinking the same

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not sure what you're getting at Danny - but both my Williams' had a distinctive mk1 smell which I enjoy. Maybe you're thinking the same

All mk1's smell the same inside. Even my track car (Which has nothing inside it!) still smells like a mk1.

I think it might be the smell of inevitable mechanical failure.

Luke, please don't buy turbines. I've been thinking about it all day and they won't work on that colour, or the fact its not a phase 1.

Silver williams wheels however could look proper Bo'!

Saw this at CSS and thought it was mint. Glad to see that you've bought it mate as I'm sure Daniel would be pleased that someone will be lavishing a lot of time and love on it as you did on the Trophy.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Having see the car in the flesh it could pass a concours test. The thing is immaculate. I know f**k all about Mk1 Clios though! Literally zilch! What's the background on the Naples?

Glad you're enjoying it mate. It'll be a head turner for people in the know.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Haven't managed to get on CS all weekend really, so I can feel a multi-quote madness moment coming up...

Cheers for all the comments all, appreciate it. It really is a fantastic little car. It does have it's French, erm, tendencies - shall we say - but overall I love it.

LOL at the difference in opinions of the wheels/choice of wheels - you lot really don't help. Silver willy wheels would look awesome though, how often do Williams wheels come up for sale?

Looks amazing, and it lived upto expectations when i saw it in the flesh. Great purchase! I'm at a wedding tomorrow, but can pop over Sunday evening to help you get the wheels off if you want, I have a pretty effective breaker bar.

Thanks for the offer Oli! May need to take you up on that in future mate.

thats lovely!! real shame to see your trophy like that though :( has it all been stripped and sold now i take it?

It's stripped currently mate, but haven't put anything up for sale officially yet. The recaros, exhaust and a door have gone though.

It wouldnt be a 'real' 16v if it didnt have rust !

No rust here! Will get around to undersealing it soon to keep it that way too!

Silver mint turbines would look great. Looks mint. How u finding the drop in power and torque from the trophy? Drop in a willy lump? ;)

To be fair, it doesn't actually feel massively slower. The engine has a lot of character and loves to rev, so unless something goes drastically wrong, I'll more than likely keep it! Unless a cheap f7r comes up for sale, that is...

Looks class that luke.

Are these a 1.8 ?

Sam!

Cheers Sam. It is indeed mate.

I love how you've still managed to make the Trophy look awesome... great pictures!

The Valver: OMG. So, so clean. Only thing I don't really like are the wheels, but they're OEM and therefore are fine.
Love it.

LOL! Wasn't my intention mate, I assure you. Cheers though mate. I completely agree that the wheels are marmite. I really like them though, despite losing a bloody centrecap!

Another vote for me for the turbines or willy wheels or basically just anything but what's on it.

Take it you got on on with the polisher then? Let me know if you want to borrow a rotary to finish any bits with.

Absolutely fine thanks mate! I didn't have any particularly decent polish, so just used SRP and Amigo to finish. Came up a treat! Thanks again to you and Lesley for that, I'll drop it back to you at the next meet.

Car and pics look phatt (kids say that I think).

Whatever you do man, for god sake don't use it. It belongs in a museum. Last of the v8s iirc.

Phat sounds about right. I'm more of a sick or reem man myself though.

Cheers though. Unfortunately, it's now my daily! So it will be getting used I'm afraid. Not that I mind, I love driving the thing!

Love it!! I hope you have those at high res still..

(I haven't forgotten you btw. I haven't seen my Step-Dad and now he's away for the weekend. Next week. Promise)

Of course I do! I'll get some better pics soon at a non-generic Luke location (and when I find a new centre cap), but I didn't want to drive it and get it dirty :eek:

When you fit the center cap on there's only one way they fit without falling off.

On the inside there's a picture of a valve line that up with the valve on the wheel and it shouldn't fall off then.

Cheers for the tip mate, I'll bear it in mind!

What you bought Daniels valver!? Why didn't you keep me updated.

Please don't tell me your breaking the T yourself as well?

Suck my balls x

Love it, love it, love it.

How about black williams/prima wheels, with a polished lip??

Cheers dude. I like the idea of that in my head, but think that it'd look too aftermarket for me.

Very very nice, what does it smell like?

Original engine?

It smells exactly like mine and my mate's first mk1's! They all have that same old sweet smell, lol.

It's not mate, funny you should ask really. It's actually a pretty well known car in the mk1 world, and at one point had a throttle-bodied-fire-breathing monster of an engine, one of the fastest N/A mk1's in the country at the time iirc.

All mk1's smell the same inside. Even my track car (Which has nothing inside it!) still smells like a mk1.

I think it might be the smell of inevitable mechanical failure.

Luke, please don't buy turbines. I've been thinking about it all day and they won't work on that colour, or the fact its not a phase 1.

Silver williams wheels however could look proper Bo'!

FLOL. That clutch thing happened again today. It's something to do with the actual pedal rather than mechanical though. Will attempt to look at and fix in the week.

Just lol at all that.

The pictures and descriptions of his current events have me in tears.

Oiii leave it out. Don't act like you're not impressed with my progress. Lol.

Having see the car in the flesh it could pass a concours test. The thing is immaculate. I know f**k all about Mk1 Clios though! Literally zilch! What's the background on the Naples?

Glad you're enjoying it mate. It'll be a head turner for people in the know.

I don't know about the naples thing mate. At a guess, someone at Renault took a trip to Italy, picked up a prosititute one night who was wearing a dark red dress. That night, Naples Red was born.

(The above may NOT be true. Who knows?)

It's funny you mention the head-turning thing really, for an 18 y/o clio it doesn't half get some [positive] attention. I had a pikey looking fella come up to me in a petrol station the other day and tell me that it was a 1.4 turbo. He wouldn't have it that it wasn't. He then asked me whether he could buy it. Odd fella.

Liking that Luke :)

Was this the one at CSS?

Whats it like coming from new to old?

It was indeed Mark :)

It's a lot less daunting than I thought it would be tbh! I still listen out for noises and panic when I hear something that I'm not expecting, but tbf I did that with the Trophy anyway! Lol!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
f**king hell, I'm never leaving CS unattended for 2 days ever again ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
they rust- fact esp on the arches

owned 3, seen various at shows- they rust under arches- fact !

Hmmm, I've owned 5/6 mk1's. they have all rusted. This one has no rust. At all. If you'd care to take a bet with me, i'll bet you £1000.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
they rust- fact esp on the arches

owned 3, seen various at shows- they rust under arches- fact !

In fact, your fact is factually incorrect. No rust of this one :D

Indeed Dan, 6 words short of the word count for 'War and Peace'. Damn.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
this is what I mean, I am right, :rasp:

Ok lets see in a few years if its rust free! lol

if luke puts some waxy oil on the inside arch edge , you will never see rust appear again :p and abit underneeth the whole car.

not one spot of rust on a car if its looked after. let allone see any aged paint for years now after dans superb effort ! :D

looks A minter! ( yes i know it is )

dam it, noah bet me to it :dapprove:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That's the plan gents, I want to get it out the way with before winter sets in :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lovely chap, just sort the mix matched centre caps and get them all o/e silver and your done

my mk1 is a little bit rusty, but its not bad, theres more rust on my 172 tbh

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It looks mint Luke, like really. How did the mrs react to it?

Get some willy wheels, in silver, maybe anthracite with a silver lip?

Apparently they come up on the mk1 forum enough, not on here a great deal, although I bet a wanted add could get you some...

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Been told this is Clio_Girls old valver... #?

if it is i can believe its rust free...

ive spent more money than id like to think about making sure that mine is completely rust free! new floor, new cills, new arch, new boot,inner front wings, inner rear wings...now i can happily say its rust free!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
lovely chap, just sort the mix matched centre caps and get them all o/e silver and your done

my mk1 is a little bit rusty, but its not bad, theres more rust on my 172 tbh

Cheers Coops! I thought that the PH2 centre caps were darker from factory? Regardless, I think that once I've sourced a new set they'll be going silver.

It looks mint Luke, like really. How did the mrs react to it?

Get some willy wheels, in silver, maybe anthracite with a silver lip?

Apparently they come up on the mk1 forum enough, not on here a great deal, although I bet a wanted add could get you some...

Lol! Did you see it on FB when Bobby J asked her what sh ethough of it and she said it's 'old and smells of urine'?! She loves it reallly though, I think...

I'll be on the lookout for some Williams wheels then I guess to go silver. I'm not sure on anth, I'd just want it to look as OEM as possible.

Been told this is Clio_Girls old valver... #?

if it is i can believe its rust free...

ive spent more money than id like to think about making sure that mine is completely rust free! new floor, new cills, new arch, new boot,inner front wings, inner rear wings...now i can happily say its rust free!

You heard correct mate :)

I've been browsing c16v for the past week or so where I see that you and Coops are regulars, I'll make a newbie post there later!