ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Trophy's Replacement - Naples 16v

Lol @ quoting every compliment.

This is where you lack the ASW of Chris. He'd be replying to each one individually.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Silver williams wheels will give me muchos erections.

I'm excited.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
they were very slightly darker I think, although perhaps that's placebo and the fact you never see them un-refurbished anymore, but they weren't as dark as the ones on drivers side of yours, passenger side is more like it from the pics, they look about right.

however, looking at it it seems its mainly a trick of the light, as the 7th pic down (inc ones of trophy) the caps look very very dark but in other pics they do not. as such I retract my judgment until seen in the flesh ;) lol!

Petrol Blue 182.
This things a proper cut n shut! blue on the rear under all the carpets etc.

I'll have the wheels back on next week hopefuly luke so piccys?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol @ quoting every compliment.

This is where you lack the ASW of Chris. He'd be replying to each one individually.

Wrong. Every single question ;)

Silver williams wheels will give me muchos erections.

I'm excited.

I may have found some black ones...anyone good at refurbs?

Looks great Luke :)

Guess I missed out on those Turinis??

Cheers Jon. Sorry mate, a lad that lives a few doors down came and knocked on my door for them the other night, I couldn't resist selling them for the price he offered!

they were very slightly darker I think, although perhaps that's placebo and the fact you never see them un-refurbished anymore, but they weren't as dark as the ones on drivers side of yours, passenger side is more like it from the pics, they look about right.

however, looking at it it seems its mainly a trick of the light, as the 7th pic down (inc ones of trophy) the caps look very very dark but in other pics they do not. as such I retract my judgment until seen in the flesh ;) lol!

It's mental mate, in certain light they look silver, in others they look really dark! Daniel will confirm the colour, but it's an Audi grey of some sort :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This things a proper cut n shut! blue on the rear under all the carpets etc.

I'll have the wheels back on next week hopefuly luke so piccys?

You're just bare jel.

We'll get something sorted mate!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nothing of nothing now though chap if your going to rock the Williams wheels :)

i'd normally rock grey or similar for wheel colour choice, but with the car being so clean and o/e I reckon standard silver would set it all off lovely with the subtle o/e+ look. looking forward to seeing it on them tbh

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

They change in the light. They were all painted in the same paint at the same time. Audi grey with matt lacquer.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Me too! I've always wanted a set :eek:

There's a bloke on the valver forum selling some, I might be cheeky and see whether he fancies selling them without tyres...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Please get silver williams wheels, I'd prefer anthracite, even though I'm a silver wheel *****. That red, anth wheels, polished silver lip. Mint.

Silver wheels will look just as good though, but they need a polished lip, Do it yourself with some wet and dry and metal polish ;)

Mini Cooper S
I think diamond cut Williams wheels will look pimp. Will probably cost a fair whack!

There is a 206 GTI that floats around at all the shows that has standard wheels diamond cut, they look brilliant.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Please get silver williams wheels, I'd prefer anthracite, even though I'm a silver wheel *****. That red, anth wheels, polished silver lip. Mint.

Silver wheels will look just as good though, but they need a polished lip, Do it yourself with some wet and dry and metal polish ;)

Hmmmm, certainly something to think about. I'm not a massive anth fan though (I know I used to own a Trophy...), so would be silver all the way. You're coming round to help me refurb them anyway...

Oh man. So lovely. Shame about the rust

:D

:dapprove:

You're def not licking it now.

I think diamond cut Williams wheels will look pimp. Will probably cost a fair whack!

There is a 206 GTI that floats around at all the shows that has standard wheels diamond cut, they look brilliant.

Diamond cut can look brilliant, but it's a bit bling for me, lol. Can't imagine they'd be too durable either...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My old grey one with Hyper silver powder coated Willy wheels.

If this doesn't tempt you, nothing will!

DSCF0526.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the hi power silver is too much imo, a nice subtle silver will look brilliant on the standard naples :)

Luke......I have a bare set of Williams wheels with caps waiting to go Subaru grey for the new motor........if they don't look right on a 182 I will be selling them. but this will be in a few months, you may not be able to wait that long! lol!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just look at Keiran's thread to see how they look.... Then sell them to Luke ;)

I think a sparkling silver, not high power almost white, but a nice metallic, like ford moondust.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Oh FFS Daniel. They look insanely good. It needs to be done.

That looks great luke. You are also, very handy with that camera. What lens were you using?

Cheers Chris! Most of them were taken with a 50mm f/1.8 mate. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't have an in-built focus meter for that lens, so makes it a pain having to MF - especially at f/1.8! Think I took a few with the kit 18-55 though.

the hi power silver is too much imo, a nice subtle silver will look brilliant on the standard naples :)

Luke......I have a bare set of Williams wheels with caps waiting to go Subaru grey for the new motor........if they don't look right on a 182 I will be selling them. but this will be in a few months, you may not be able to wait that long! lol!

Ooh, I may take you up on that mate! Yeah, they look rubbish on PH2's ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thoppit Dan :eek: I'm on the hunt for some now. I'll probs keep the other wheels as well tbh.

Cheers Brett!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Willy or turbine wheels are a definite must for making a mk1 look good, or oz f1 if its a track biased one (which this isnt)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Turbines are for mk1 ph1's only i'm afraid.

Ph2's are too rounded for the harsh lines.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've sort of come round to that train of thought too Dan. Williams wheels it is. The missus will kill me, btw.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I vote silver willys wheels as well. Why Danielson hadn't put any on it already was beyond me, bristolian monkey! I'm about this week if you want me to pop over Shinfield way of an evening and get those nuts off. Unless you've solved the problem....

Im on honeymoon for the next two weeks after afraid though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Oli, I should be about all week so just fire me across a PM for whenever's good for you :)

I might use the opportunity to try and sell you stuff too, lol!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
couple more chap to get you going ;)

nowt like an excuse for a mk1 ***** session!

willydesk.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010018.jpg

weird one :)

IMG_9606.jpg

although new possibles for the mk1...

IMG_0039-1.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg