ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Trophy's Replacement - Naples 16v

Listerine & Poledo
damn right.

well, except the NB, which was 'designed' in the late 90s.... h'actually :p

I would give dark chrome some thought on the Listerine though, but that's a job for another day.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
its not too bad, just a bit fiddly, and ensure you get both shims in, one each side, or all shalt be for nought!

personally for the sake of another 20 odd quid i'd do the calbe too, and ensure the routing is correct, it should drop straight down out the pedal box assembly on the bay side, curve down and under the back of the steering column, behind the rack and through two clips on a flat metal bracket on the top middle of the subframe, then clip to a couple of clip on the inner passenger side chassis rail before curving round under the battery tray to the release fork bracket.

Cheers mate, I'll get it ordered.

I will state at this point that I'm pretty mechanically incompetent, so this will be fun.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I was mechanically incompetent as well, until Winter 2005 when my first clio 1.8 16v blew up............be prepared to become competent ;)

16v Ph1
great looking naples you have there, i personally think clovers in matte black suit this colour the best, cant go wrong with willy wheels though

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mk1 clios are great for teaching you how to look after your own car, or how to become very poor, or in some cases both!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cool in a very geeky way :cool: Cheers mate.

Right, brakes. So Daniel was all like:

You sure one of your (many!!) driveway stones hasn't jammed in there somewhere?

And it turns out he was right! Sorted. Noises be gone!

I've ordered the part for the clutch which I'll tackle next week at some point, and I've just won four centre caps on eBay for under £40, so I'm happy. They're a bit tatty, so I need to spray them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Calm yourself noodle arms.

When i'm next free, i'll come up and teach you how to undo bolts...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Your wifes internet alarm/tracker system just exploded!!!

Last edited:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I was mechanically incompetent as well, until Winter 2005 when my first clio 1.8 16v blew up............be prepared to become competent ;)

I remember doing work on your Mk1. Was it balljoints? Outside my house in the blazing sun, munching overcooked pizza, lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lol, that was a blast from the past Phil, wasn't it top mounts??? either way i remember the pizza, i love pizza ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I bought a mk1. Lol!

Come round and help me fit the clutch bit? That could be fun.

Luke, you're starting to sound technical. What's going on?

I bought a mk1. Lol!

Come round and help me fit the clutch bit? That could be fun.

As you both know... I'm very much here to help should you need anyone experience in making tea, swearing, injuring themselves, breaking things further, rounding off nuts, losing things, dropping tools or any other such expertise.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
As you both know... I'm very much here to help should you need anyone experience in making tea, swearing, injuring themselves, breaking things further, rounding off nuts, losing things, dropping tools or any other such expertise.

Lol! We're like a trio of mechanical failures.

From memory, Foxy couldnt change a spark plug before he bought his mk1 ... Now he can fit jap engines in to rwd german vehicles!!

Mk1 = better learning platform than doing a mechanics course lol

Watch this space ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not likely.

Undone those wipers yet ;)

Flol! That was 3 of us! Not just me...

And no. The Trophy went yesterday:

attachment.php

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol! Well suprised at how well the silver suited campicum actually.

Afraid not Phil, it's just going to it's temporary new home in Essex to be fully stripped and chopped up into pieces.

Absolutely love it mate :approve: I always wanted a Naples valver for my first Clio.

Silver willy wheels would suit it really well but the standards look perfect anyway.

Gutted to see the trophy like that tho :( its a wonder nobody wanted the shell off you, or was it proper fucked?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Craig.

Yeah, I'm on the hunt for a set of williams wheels but I'm not desperate for them by any means.

It's a proper sorry sight. Tbh, I haven't even put it up for sale! I've not put anything up officially yet, but if anyone did want a bare clio shell I'm open to offers before it gets scrapped; as far as I can see nothing (other than the slam panel obvz) is bent chassis-wise.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Chris!

Aye, the T looks even worse from the other side where it doesnt have a door/bumper/tailgate, poor thing.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol! I'm still tempted to get hold of a go-pro for the day when we strip it.

Time lapse to the 'Changing Rooms' theme tune.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Take the front panel off (cleanly) and just advertise the shell with bare chassis legs.

ITs bound to fetch good money just because its a trophy. And probably the only straight trophy shell ever to go on sale??

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Flol at 'cleanly', did you see my hammer and chisel effort?!

That could actually be a plan though Dan, I'll look into it.