ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Focus ST-2
Yes the computers wrong. Never got better than 35 in mine, driving at 65 on a long run, computer said 48!!!!! The official figures circa 34 mpg combined (on a rolling road), therefore will be hard pushed to get better than this in reality.

My computer reads 38.8 mpg. I get around 360 miles to a tank, but when I work it out I'm actually getting 32 mpg

Phase 2 clio 172
Clio 172 full fat

mixture of driving I seem to get 34-36 mpg

cruising at 50-60mph I will get 43+

Obviously if I floor it everywhere it drops right down

had it for just over a week and I'm really surprised how good it is considering how it tears off when you floor it haha!

1.2 16v Dynamique
I get around 43 - 45 mph on my 1.2 16v 52 plate, although I don't drive very economically so probably could get more.

Ph.2 172 / A6 Qttro
Best i got was this

mobile.667aaoi08lg5h6a3p.jpg

(equates 58,81 MPG)

:D

RB FF 182
FF 182 with almost 120k on the clock. On a tank where I'm taking it slow I easily get 35mpg. If I'm having a bad week and my right foots a little heavier than normal then I struggle to get below 30mpg.

RB FF 182
No idea... It's an average readout and its not hugely accurate anyway. The only other variable would be your acceleration before activating cruise control.

Obviously you're just in more of a rush to get home! Lol

Clio Dynamique S
I've had the Clio Dynamique 1.4 S for a fortnight now and got 33mpg just with 'around town' driving. Not had chance to try motorway driving yet :)

1.2 Campus Sport
With my 07 1.2 Campus Sport i have been getting between 35 - 36 MPG, thats over a month of town driving and 1000 gentle miles ;)

ph2 172
Decided to see what I could get yesterday on a drive down to Norwich and got a reading of 45.5 on the way down and 42.3 on trip back. Mixed driving combined of steady 45-50mph in traffic to 80mph on the carriage ways.
Not too bad for a 154000 mileage car.

Renaultsport 197 FF
i just got my 197 so am not sure about MPG but i know it sucks compared to my last car a mini cooper d at 74 mph my avg was 53 mpg+ i travel 350 miles every 2 weeks for work so will be filling my tank every week for sure!!!

Renaultsport 197 FF
i just got my 197 so am not sure about MPG but i know it sucks compared to my last car a mini cooper d at 74 mph my avg was 53 mpg+ i travel 350 miles every 2 weeks for work so will be filling my tank every week for sure!!!

I just checked the avg on my 197 and its 20.1 MPG haha thats a joke.

I'm getting around 34mpg out of my FF 182 - had 2 x 172s before and I'm sure they were much better on fuel.

At 70mph on the motorway the fuel economy drops massively - had it drop from an average of 36 to 33.3 over 6 miles of clear steady driving on the M42. Bit worrying.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting around 34mpg out of my FF 182 - had 2 x 172s before and I'm sure they were much better on fuel.

At 70mph on the motorway the fuel economy drops massively - had it drop from an average of 36 to 33.3 over 6 miles of clear steady driving on the M42. Bit worrying.

My 172 was definitely a bit better on fuel according to the trip computer. Usually about 2-3 mpg but I still seem to put around the same in so it could just be the 182 is a bit more accurate...?

My long term average over a few weeks always works out about 36mpg. Pretty happy with that. That is a mixture of dually commuting, town traffic jams and daily country thrashings

My long term average over a few weeks always works out about 36mpg. Pretty happy with that. That is a mixture of dually commuting, town traffic jams and daily country thrashings

I wish I could get that - and I should be with my driving style and commute route... if I reset the mpg readout on a 50mph stretch it averages 42mpg over a 5 mile run. Then zero'd again down the motorway at 70mph for 7 miles it averages 38 ... thats 90% of my journey and the rest is 30/40mph which flows easily. I'd have to be averaging something like 15mpg on those 4 miles to bring it down to 33. Honestly don't understand whats going on, it just doesnt add up.

197was/second 182is
my old 182 FF with K&N panel filter was doing about 27 mpg.... it was broken or something?? ... 197 don't know yet but probably about 18-20... :mad: how you can get 30-35+ in 182????

Clio 172
I must admit to not being very impressed by the fuel consumption on my Clio 172 for such a small car it's not that great when driving sensibly, and don't even ask when driving fast. comparing it to my 1.8T Golf GTI, which had 250Bhp, this car was better on fuel, which has amazed me considering the power difference.

172 Cup, mk1 fiesta
Mine seems pretty good on fuel, certainly better than my leon cupra was. Keep having to tell myself it doesn't matter what the Golf does(tdi 130) this is more fun

mini cooper R50
not in a Clio anymore but a cooper first gen, I get around 130 mile on half a tank (works out around 25 mpg max) the 1.2 grande I had was 144 miles on a 1/4 of a tank lol

Sorted my economy woes - not sure if it was bad fuel or the Redex I'd put through the system (I know, it probably doesn't do anything but I like to put 1 bottle through / year) but I averaged 37 from the last 1/2 tank and this morning it hit 39 on my commute.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't buy the car for fuel economy, but I knew from past 172 ownership they could achieve something acceptable on a steady boring commute with the occasional blast when possible, leaving the weekends for all out fun :rasp:

clio 172cup
I average around 36-37 mpg in my cup . Thats just going to and from work, probably a bit heavy footed lol .

If I try really hard I can keep it over 40

clio 172 phs 1
I regularly drive on motorway (when not in a hurry) at 55mph just to see what the economy does, had it up to about 49mpg but as soon as i come off the motorway it plummets, i average about 30-35mpg in my phs 1 172

Clio 197
29 - 35 on a normal run, 17 on a back-road blast, if I go 55mph on the motorway I could probably push near 38.

197.. Pretty crappy on petrol, but I didnt buy it for economy. :)

MCS 2003
Pretty poor in west London averaging early 20's in rush hour gridlock -on the few times I've been on the motorway it seems to creep higher into high twenties -still pretty low - was expecting better

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
get between 40-43mpg in my ph1 172 driving sensibly around town! slightly better on a long motorway run and giving it the beans.........well who cares about fuel economy in this situation

MCS 2003
agreed - I didnt buy this (or any other car) because it had fantastic MPG - few seldom actually do what they say on the tin
Brother in law had a diesel smart car which was supposed to do 60mpg or something but rarely did he see much more than 40 - and how can you drive like your grandma in London traffic