ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying a 172CUP

I'm thinking of buying a 172CUP and was wondering what mods should ido to it.

I've got a 206 gti180 and isthe biggest pile of S***E i've ever owned.
I've got a Viper induction kit on it a the moment which does sound the nuts.I've also fitted a de-cat pipe to it which i did see an inprovement with.Its lowered which i like because i like my cars to be low and i mean low.What brakes are the best to buy for hard road use?

I live in the west midlands so local companies would be usefull.

Cheers Jay

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
my best mate has a 180 and tbh i thought it was umm over weight!

i dont own a cup or infact a 172 but they easily piss over the 180!

in fact there isnt much in it between his 180 and my valver!

get the cup

Impreza P1
Get one get one get one get one get one.

Im not biased honest , I love my cup its awesome , don't drive it like you stole it as we all know what happens to most Cups. ;)

I have a cat back system, and a viper induction kit.

Was RR'd at 181bhp with just the Induction kit so id imagine its around 187bhp with the exhaust getting it remapped soon.

Here's a few Pics
Image023.jpg

Image025.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image030.jpg

Image034.jpg

KRIS 172 - Whats the viper like on a 172? On my 180 i get a mega loud induction noise which i think sound great.

Zmaster2k vbmenu_register("postmenu_2266691", true); - My 180 is well modded and i had out done alot of 172/182s on the road.I like my 180 but its breaks way to easy, pug build quality is like lego.I had a race with a mate in his 250bhp type-r and he could not get away from me.

Cup 172
KRIS 172 - Whats the viper like on a 172? On my 180 i get a mega loud induction noise which i think sound great.

Zmaster2k vbmenu_register("postmenu_2266691", true); - My 180 is well modded and i had out done alot of 172/182s on the road.I like my 180 but its breaks way to easy, pug build quality is like lego.I had a race with a mate in his 250bhp type-r and he could not get away from me.

Then he must be a pretty crap driver...

LY 200
Iv got a BMC and Superchip on mine.

Seems to work well and the pull in the higher gears from lower revs seems to be better. BMC give a nice deep noise and imo looks superior to the viper under the bonnet too!!!

I like those GTi 180's but i thought they were alot more weighty than the Clio!?

Annnnnnd why are you going for a 172 cup as opposed to a 182, surely with the dollar you'll be getting for the 180 you'll be able to afford the newer car with the better seats, AC and xenons!? ;)

Clio 172 mk2
Don't get a cup...you've got no leather and no abs so you'll be off the road in no time lol

LY 200
He obviously wants the fastest 2.0 clio Jay not the pipe and slippers version

Lol, were obviously forgetting mart the pipe n slippers version is the 172 ff isnt it!?

182's and 172 cup's equals lots extra goodies for one car but fuckall difference in performance iv always been lead to believe!!!

C

clio172cup20

He obviously wants the fastest 2.0 clio Jay not the pipe and slippers version

Lol, were obviously forgetting mart the pipe n slippers version is the 172 ff isnt it!?

182's and 172 cup's equals lots extra goodies for one car but f**kall difference in performance iv always been lead to believe!!!

The difference is very noticable...
Trust me :D

LY 200

182's and 172 cup's equals lots extra goodies for one car but f**kall difference in performance iv always been lead to believe!!!

The difference is very noticable...
Trust me :D

Like iv always said your welcome to ring me and set up meet next time your about!!! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I wish i'd bought a cup now! Hell mines basically a red cup!

If i had the same mods on a cup as i have on my 172...f**k me it be fast!

172 Cup
I wish i'd bought a cup now! Hell mines basically a red cup!

If i had the same mods on a cup as i have on my 172...f**k me it be fast!

Got any more pics?
I really like your 172 tho mate, flame red is sexual

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
I have a cat back system, and a viper induction kit.

Was RR'd at 181bhp with just the Induction kit so id imagine its around 187bhp with the exhaust getting it remapped soon.

no chance ! no way would you get an increase of 15 bhp over standard from a cat back and viper only !! hell youll be lucky if its even 172 bhp now let alone before !

Impreza P1
ok you go to bb's and ask them why my print out was like that actually go into GTI performance mag it's in there from the RR day in March.

Im not saying im telling you ill scan the dyno print out tomo and show you just the Viper alone

Impreza P1
Why do people have to moan about the most random stuff and not beleive people when they say stuff . God this place pixxes me off sometimes you mention something and you get some Cxxk saying oh no you can't do this or it's not that

:mad:

Can't people just go cool or wicked mate nice instead of constantly slate people

Impreza P1
lol i was hoping mr know it all would lol;).

Doesn't it annoy you sometimes when people just insult you for virtually no reason.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Get a 1.2 Authentique! Mines not caused me a problem yet, and gets to 60 in 15seconds.....

(I want a 172........ok i've yet to have my test yet, but once i've got rid of the L plates, and my insurance goes down, and i'm in imence debt from uni, then i'll get a faster nicer car...(awaiting for someone to ask why a (172) Clio then...(best overuse of brackets ever!)))

James

Hiya,

Just being out in a Cup at a dealers by me and all i can say is OH MY GOD this things are mental,the thing had a viper,s/s exhaust,cams and a re-map and it just sat on the spot spining in 1st,2nd and 3rd.I'm in love all over again.I was on the test drive and i had a little play with a scooby and the owner didn't look very happy at all,the best part is that it had 1.2 on the side.The scooby owner almost had a heart attack when he seen them was well funny me and my mate was pixxing ourselves.It was a little out my price range at £9600 but now i know what they are like and i want one. :) :) :) :)

skindemon - it was i 172 cup,overpriced by worth it,if ihad the cash i would have brought it there and then.It was that good.

Mk1 1.2 & Mk1 172
Do it.... buy one.... If I earned more money, or was rash enough to go with finance again, I would have another one like a shot... Unfortunately, I have a house and an upcoming wedding now... Fantastic cars!!!!

I drive a BMW with a 2.5litre straight six engine, with full black leather interior, which is a beautiful car, but not a patch on the Clio for exhileration and handling.

Jon

(Formerly Jon1978 of the legendary Cliosport Gumball, 2004)