ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts? black/silver? engine bay looking tired.

PH2 Flamer
So spent about 3-4 hours today cleaning the car, and raising front coilovers (doing rears tomorrow) results -

20130327_172741_zps5784fd58.gif

20130327_173010_zps4ae6592e.gif

20130327_173035_zps92641845.gif

My initial thoughts are spacers for the front, as the wheels seem to disappear into the arches. wasnt as noticeable when it was lower.

front calipers need a repaint too, have faded loads since i last done them. however rears are still fine.

will see how the rears look once they are raised up to match the front. might need spacers too.

But what im really stuck with, is do i get the turini's redone in silver or anthracite?

This is how the engine bay looks at the moment

20130312_154319_zps283ab57f.gif

Not really sure where to start?

Any constructive adivce, ideas?

(Apologies if this is the wrong section)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Lighter wheels is all I would change.

More vivid red or yellow calipers.

But, I could live with it how it is right now. Looks great tbh.

PH2 Flamer
yeah this is my thinking, its too red and black. need some different colours going on.

what about anthracite wheels with silver calipers? or even black.

i could as well when i first got it, but like eveything, it gets boring.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Need to see the calipers.

Anthracite wheels + Vivid red calipers = win. Add Yellow Calipers for a little more win :)

Use a silver on the centre wheel badges though, not red.

PH2 Flamer
you any good with photoshop lol?

they where the exact same colour as the car when i first done them. will get a better pic in a min

PH2 Flamer
actually really like the last picture.

off to halfords tomorrow for some yellow calliper paint i think!! cheers mate. must get my skills up on photoshop

PH2 Flamer
it is, apart from the front bumper and bonnet having a few stone chips.

will let you know if/when i sell up.

Anyone know what i can do/use to sort out the firewall things? assume i can just rattle can it black?

Also, is the coolant bottle a renault only part, or will a non genuine part suffice?

PH2 Flamer
Yeah im going to go ahead with that. Will contact autocrash for a price next week.

All clean and fresh for some pics now :)

PH2 Flamer
Yeah ive thought about one of the battery covers, what happends of you get a flat battery? And you dont have the tool to take it off? Or is there room to get jump leads under it?