ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tints or springs

clio 182 sport
had a bit of luck with a small amount of cash recently ive never been able to spend a decent amount on my clio even though ive had it for nearly 6 years. its booked in on friday for a light rear window tint which i think will look nice but people seem to be against them. ive got personal pros and cons for sportlines as in loosing ride comfort. its one or the other o the car is titanium help please could you help me decide thanks.

53 Clio's & counting
Disagree, a decent set of springs and shocks are plenty good enough - you dont need coilovers.

How much are we talking mate?

Id probably save a little more and look at something different rather than those two choices, id get some better front pads and new fluid - hate the standard pads

RS6 C7
Disagree, a decent set of springs and shocks are plenty good enough - you dont need coilovers.

How much are we talking mate?

Id probably save a little more and look at something different rather than those two choices, id get some better front pads and new fluid - hate the standard pads

true but its would cost similar money to coilovers, im pretty sure hes going for the "low" look

53 Clio's & counting
true but its would cost similar money to coilovers, im pretty sure hes going for the "low" look

Tis a catch 22 mate, £500 would get you one of the best springs (Eibach) and a decent set of matched adjustable shockers (Koni are very good on Clio's) where that is the realistic starting price of budget coil overs - I agree if you want low then coilovers are more appropriate

phase1 172
Ive got tints on my titanium, although they were already fitted when i got the car. i love em, and if you shop around you can get them done for about £120.
Obviously there are people who will try and talk you out of it.... but its your motor and you need to make up your own mind.

Its alright people suggesting you save your cash.... but for what?
spend it on what YOU want and enjoy it:D

172 Cup
Wouldnt waste your money on the tints pal.

Go for the sport lines, and what issues with the ride? they are perfect they dont compromise it at all imo.

phase1 172
neither as said before, buy coilovers or dont bother at all, Tints are pointless really ..

"Tints are pointless really"

.So are silly little ariels, and carbon fibre bits, and chavvy exhausts, and nurboring stickers, and and and, get what YOU want, not what others suggest !

Rusty Cup
Spend your money on what you want!! i'd personally ditch both and subscribe to dogging weekly!! its expensive but well worth it by all accounts, full of handy hints n tips.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Spend your money on what you want!! i'd personally ditch both and subscribe to dogging weekly!! its expensive but well worth it by all accounts, full of handy hints n tips.

Lol, I always wonder what people have to hide when they have rear tints... I wonder if the police take the same attitude?

PB 182 (1 of 29)
I'd get over to the groupbuy area and get your name down on the list for a Scorpion RS192 if I were you ;)

350z, Subaru Legacy
Tints are no good if you want to see the dogging action...................

Haha, I've heard that there are different signals depending on whether you just want to watch, get involved etc.

Like left indicator on, drivers window open.

It already sounds like I know more than I should, so I'll stop.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Haha, I've heard that there are different signals depending on whether you just want to watch, get involved etc.

Like left indicator on, drivers window open.

It already sounds like I know more than I should, so I'll stop.

Hmm.........lol