ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titanium MrBlonde

As some of you may know already,i had an accident in my Cup & hit a barrier.In a nutshell,Raining very early cold morning on AD80rs (close to the limit) back end stepped out going up a banking corner.Still Drives fine tho,just wasnt worth me repairing,So decide on getting a 182 but in Silver.

So i found one and got up early on a Sat morning to head to south wales.

So this one is on 53k 2 owners & one of the very last ones & standard,previous owner also has a lovely Mars Red V6.

So plan is to get all the good bits off the cup & transfer onto the 182 then break or sell the cup as a whole car.

Couple of Photos of the Cups damage
20190924_105633.jpg
20190924_105958.jpg

2196871E-BE2B-4D22-A9DD-4E35DB494C49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top work as usual mate, would love to know if you find a good match to the OEM carpet. I have been looking at building a false floor for when i remove the rear seats from mine. But have held off until I find a carpet match. I’m not a big fan of the off the shelf matts which done match

Top work as usual mate, would love to know if you find a good match to the OEM carpet. I have been looking at building a false floor for when i remove the rear seats from mine. But have held off until I find a carpet match. I’m not a big fan of the off the shelf matts which done match

Thanks mate,yep its a bit pot luck with ordering online.May look into finding a place local to find a good match,other option is to use fabric spray paint,but i dont think you will get a good match being its a funny grey and not a black or dark grey.

Also i need to tidy up the rear grommets,added to list.

Thanks mate,yep its a bit pot luck with ordering online.May look into finding a place local to find a good match,other option is to use fabric spray paint,but i dont think you will get a good match being its a funny grey and not a black or dark grey.

Also i need to tidy up the rear grommets,added to list.
I’ll start digging a bit harder now. Sure it must be available from somewhere

I like how clean the silver on silver looks, new wheels looks more aggressive though!

They look good in the rolling pictures as well.

I like how clean the silver on silver looks, new wheels looks more aggressive though!

They look good in the rolling pictures as well.

I guess thats it,both sets of wheels give it a different look.Turinis fresh and clean while the Evo's give an aggressive look.

Reactions: MLB
Next little project for the 182 is to refurb the front hubs.I managed to get hold of a 2nd hand pair of front hubs that i plan to clean up,new bearings and possibly new abs sensors also.
Plan is to give them a go over with a wire brush & wheel,then soak in some Bilt Hamber Deox to remove most of the crap & rust,then Mark will give them a shot blast at his work.Once done i will get Alex to fit the new bearings,i will fit the sensors myself then give them a nice coat of black smooth hammerite.I hope they turn out just as good as @Tomotek did.

Will also give all the Geo kit a good clean and re coat in ACF50 while its all being taken off to put the other hubs on.

received_1442825462754207.jpeg

Inspiration
20140820_195037_zps9955afe6.jpg
20140821_125812_zpsfc045367.jpg

Hubs are all ready now to be swapped over next weekend.New SNR bearings fitted,along with new sensors as i know i would of never got the other ones out in one piece and also its nice to have new bits to replace old.

Iam happy with how they have turned out,i was going to have them zinc coated but after talking to a few others i decided with painting as will be tuffer durable.

20211113_171403.jpg
20211113_171454.jpg
Polish_20211113_172200519.jpg

Great to see it's still immaculate as ever. If you do sell the 182 can I have first dibs on the turinis if you ever sell them? I've just picked up a titanium 182 last week.