ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titanium MrBlonde

As some of you may know already,i had an accident in my Cup & hit a barrier.In a nutshell,Raining very early cold morning on AD80rs (close to the limit) back end stepped out going up a banking corner.Still Drives fine tho,just wasnt worth me repairing,So decide on getting a 182 but in Silver.

So i found one and got up early on a Sat morning to head to south wales.

So this one is on 53k 2 owners & one of the very last ones & standard,previous owner also has a lovely Mars Red V6.

So plan is to get all the good bits off the cup & transfer onto the 182 then break or sell the cup as a whole car.

Couple of Photos of the Cups damage
20190924_105633.jpg
20190924_105958.jpg

2196871E-BE2B-4D22-A9DD-4E35DB494C49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly mate,i would like to get one yes.So just need to look at the numbers etc once i get back from hols in march.Would mean putting the clio back to standard to sell.
That’s a shame, but understandable. To be quite honest if I can convince my wife to buy a much bigger ‘family’ car then I will be looking at a 280. The clio would go then for me. Trouble is they are bloody expensive for what they are! So the VAG lure is strong!

Didn't you get those 651s fitted only a year ago or so? Wore quite quickly or did you do a lot of miles on them?

The AD08RS look a lot better.

Yep @MLB only fitted in march last year,done some miles but nothing major.Not bad tyres for the price,glad i have the yokos on now tho.

Reactions: MLB
I must say, I wasn't a big fan of those wheels on your car in the standard colour. They didn't seem to work somehow. They look loadsssss better now they're gold though!

With the old Rear Bilsteins getting a bit tired i decided to replace them with a pair of new koni sports adjustable dampers.Back end feels a lot more planted now and only been using them in the soft setting.

Old billies.
20220715_085859.jpg

New Konis
20220713_190355.jpg

Some or all you of you prob think im mad with this weather but iam doing a a/c delete.Will be using the proper cup set up,which i have now and will be powder coating this week,along with a new belt and new alternator.

Also have to do a coolant flush,Oil/Filter change and brake fluid flush ready for the Scotland Trip next month.

And just a recent photo,well just because really.
20220716_204129.jpg
20220705_053823.jpg

Looking great as always!

And yes definitely mad removing AC, I'm quite sure I would've died without it on my hour and a half drive home this morning 😂

20220719_111304.jpg

Why would you remove the AC Steve? I had to take my lad to work yesterday as the railway was bent out of shape and the temp display in th car said 40°. Windows fully open at 70 and all we got was hot air battering us. It was not a pleasant 20 min drive at all. Dont do it!

I get you but ive gone past the mark now buying all the set up and powder coating the brackets😬 i can always put it all back in if it ever comes to that. @Clio_fool

Car looked good on satd. Wasn’t sure about the wheels but seeing them in person I like them.
I don’t have AC delete on mine but I do apparently have a leak as it doesn’t work anyway even after replacing half the system and getting it regassed. Was 50/50 on which car to drive today but went for the one with AC.

Would have tried to say hello at csf but more of a social recluse. Mine had its longest drive since ownership (over 2 years). Only flagged an eml for pre cat on way home which has cleared. Did briefly meet clio fool and the guys in the light blue phase 1.

Would have tried to say hello at csf but more of a social recluse. Mine had its longest drive since ownership (over 2 years). Only flagged an eml for pre cat on way home which has cleared. Did briefly meet clio fool and the guys in the light blue phase 1.
Was nice to meet you mate 👍. Am I right in thinking you're Yorkshire based?

Little update,the cup alternator set up has been done and along with that metal lump thats under the engine mount.The total weight of all the a/c parts and that metal lump came to 17kg.

Other news i have changed the colour of my brake carriers/calipers to a nice gloss black now.Being i can powder coat parts at work and was given a free set of carriers i thought why not and it looks better i think,as the silver calipers clashed a bit with the gold wheels.

will get some better photos during the week.

20220807_145247.jpg
20220527_184452.jpg

Been wanting a pair of Bucket Seats for a while now and when i got noted on a pair of new Bimarco seats for sale at a good price and with our Scotland Trip coming up very soon i thought i had to buy these.

I then got straight onto jon to buy a pair of his subframes and then a pair of side mounts,along with new bolts,washers etc.

So talk about last min fitment,as tomorrow we leave for Scotland and i fitted the drivers seat today.With just a short little test drive i can say it has transformed the car,will see how i get on with the seat over next week.May have to do some tweeks,we will see.

Also took the passenger seat out while i was at it,as wont get used on the trip and bit extra space.Will fit that side at a later date.

20220910_150642.jpg
20220910_150553.jpg

Not much to report on for this time of year really,apart from i will be changing the wheel colour early spring & looking to get a Half Cage & Group N done when i get the belts done next year,then just some body maintance done as showing age now.

But in the mean time,i went out for a Late night photoshoot with Mark @Jekyll and had a bit of a laugh using some old gas masks.

insta3.jpg
insta7.jpg
insta4.jpg
insta5.jpg
insta8.jpg
IMG-20221204-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20221204-WA0034.jpg
IMG-20221204-WA0061.jpg
IMG-20221204-WA0053.jpg
IMG-20221204-WA0040.jpg