ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titanium MrBlonde

As some of you may know already,i had an accident in my Cup & hit a barrier.In a nutshell,Raining very early cold morning on AD80rs (close to the limit) back end stepped out going up a banking corner.Still Drives fine tho,just wasnt worth me repairing,So decide on getting a 182 but in Silver.

So i found one and got up early on a Sat morning to head to south wales.

So this one is on 53k 2 owners & one of the very last ones & standard,previous owner also has a lovely Mars Red V6.

So plan is to get all the good bits off the cup & transfer onto the 182 then break or sell the cup as a whole car.

Couple of Photos of the Cups damage
20190924_105633.jpg
20190924_105958.jpg

2196871E-BE2B-4D22-A9DD-4E35DB494C49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
With the yearly driving hols coming up & drive to Le Mans this year,i needed to get the Cambelt done as its time was coming up.So with a txt to Alex White it was booked in at his Garage Awmotorworks.

While the clio was there i asked Alex if he could give the car a quick check over,so i also had the Hard Line brake pipes replaced also along with the fresh fluid & other bits Alex mentioned.Nice knowing the brakes have had a proper bleed & nice new lines in.

I do have a very small oil leak coming from the rear main crank seal/end cap sealing,this will be done soon when Alex gets the box rebuilt,along with a lightweight flywheel😉

Screenshot_20230421_173644_Instagram.jpg

Just been through this thread from start to finish as I've recently bought a titanium and keep coming across yours when looking for ideas. Seriously clean and impressive build this mate I'll be happy if mines half as good. I'm still clueless what to do mind 😅

Thanks very much mate,it is clean not mint tho as used as a daily.Have you started a build thread with yours? @Adamm.

It's very impressive for a daily and you've certainly given me lots of ideas. Not yet mate I've not even got round to giving it a clean yet but will stick one up once I have. It's looking a bit rough around the edges but I guess that's a good thing as it gives room for improvement 😅

It's very impressive for a daily and you've certainly given me lots of ideas. Not yet mate I've not even got round to giving it a clean yet but will stick one up once I have. It's looking a bit rough around the edges but I guess that's a good thing as it gives room for improvement 😅
I would say just get all the Brakes,tyres boring stuff done first.Are you in the essex area?

I would say just get all the Brakes,tyres boring stuff done first.Are you in the essex area?

Northampton mate so not particularly. Yeah mechanically it's sound everything has pretty much been done. Unless something unexpected pops up (which it probably will because it's french) it's just cosmetic stuff that needs doing like wheel refurb and exhaust being wonky etc. I'll have to get it cleaned quick so I can get a thread up with all the boring details.

Cheers though bud and keep up the good work on yours I look forward to seeing more pictures especially once you get that machine polisher to it.

They look good; visually better with them & protects 👍🏻

Could colour the diamond in black to match the nuts & stickers?

So with the Wales trip coming up in a couple of weeks i decided to give the clio a bit of TLC and check over along with new brake fluid,oil & filter and a good clean.

So wheels off i gave them a proper deep clean & ceramic coated,then onto the arches,washed off all the crap and then treated the plastic inner arches & acf over the bumpsteer & geo set upto and other little bits.

20230903_125012.jpg
20230903_124856.jpg
20230902_102145.jpg

Got back today from the yearly driving hols trip.This Year was to Wales but exploring new roads and areas.Instead of staying at a different spot each night,we decided to have a central base camp.Not to bad of a trip but the rain got to us most days but still had a laugh & back home all safe.I would love to do another Scotland trip again as love that place,but we may look to do a euro trip next year.Here are a few photos from Wales.
20230915_160238.jpg
20230915_160622.jpg
20230915_160613.jpg
20230915_160634.jpg
20230915_160757.jpg

The clio was faultless,but i do come back home with questions on the set up.If it maybe a bit to set up for Track or smooth big roads to B Roads.

So i may raise the B14s or go to uprated dampers koni & gram springs,remove the soild top mounts & brace and fit a set of PS3 tyres than a semi slick tyre.

It was a good trip wasn't it. Having a nice place to stay for the duration and heading out in a different direction every day was a great idea. Top route planning by yourself again Steve, thanks for that mate(y).
_DSC0103.JPG

Planning to give the front end a go over & refresh over the winter,along with powder coatinga few bits.

Bought some poly wishbone bushes and a undertray so far.

Will obvs clean both up before fitting and powder coat the wishbones and tack weald the wishbone sleeves.

20231104_114002.jpg
20231104_111657.jpg

I have also been looking into the suspension.Currently have B14 coilovers fitted,i may get the fronts rebuilt or even look at some BC coilovers with the rears converted to a full coilover.

I Will also check over the top mounts and fit new bearings,remove all the Geo/Bumpsteer kit for a proper clean up and replace any bearings that need changing.

Does anyone know what the spring rate is on the B14 coilovers please?.

As looking to keep the front but put a pair of fully coilovers on the rear,so want a good match with the fronts.Will just be for fast road use.

Am I right in thinking that the 285lb rear will be a higher number because its a separate spring sitting on a perch. If that poundage was on a coilover rear, it would be too hard?

I had 225lb on mine mate. If I'm honest, I think I could have gone a bit harder, maybe 250lb but as it was a daily and still had to travel with drew, I didn't want it too hard at that point. I think 250lb would be more suited to you.

Corning Force want to rebuild my front coilovers

£98 per damper

£20 for oil & seals per damper

£18 postage

Then vat on top