ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titanium MrBlonde

As some of you may know already,i had an accident in my Cup & hit a barrier.In a nutshell,Raining very early cold morning on AD80rs (close to the limit) back end stepped out going up a banking corner.Still Drives fine tho,just wasnt worth me repairing,So decide on getting a 182 but in Silver.

So i found one and got up early on a Sat morning to head to south wales.

So this one is on 53k 2 owners & one of the very last ones & standard,previous owner also has a lovely Mars Red V6.

So plan is to get all the good bits off the cup & transfer onto the 182 then break or sell the cup as a whole car.

Couple of Photos of the Cups damage
20190924_105633.jpg
20190924_105958.jpg

2196871E-BE2B-4D22-A9DD-4E35DB494C49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah that’s a shame. Typical, I’ve a spare Nilfisk you could borrow too.
let me know how you feel about the bushes. I’ve got brand new genuine OEM bushes sitting here, but now the focus of the car has changed I’m going to fit poly.

Haha thats what my washer is mate & broke only after a few months.Im thinking poly mate as they will last & only fitted these febi ones for now as easy quick & only £7 each.

What one have you got @frayz as i was looking at getting pressure washer too. I use the farmers one (which is superb) when I take my stuff to work but if I'm at home then I take my buckets and equipment to the local garage. I was looking at Nilfisk ones so I dont have to keep asking the farmer.

What one have you got @frayz as i was looking at getting pressure washer too. I use the farmers one (which is superb) when I take my stuff to work but if I'm at home then I take my buckets and equipment to the local garage. I was looking at Nilfisk ones so I dont have to keep asking the farmer.
I have a Nilfisk C130 as a backup washer if ever I need it. But after going through 3 Karchers and 2 Nilfisks in 6 years I pulled the trigger (excuse the pun) on a Kranzle.
My main washer is a Kranzle 1050TS.

Of the budget friendly washers, I found the Nikkfisk to be better than the rest.
Keep an eye on Amazon for deals as they always come up. If you wanna treat yourself though, the Kranzle washers are different league of quality.

I got this washer a few years ago for christmas then packed up after about 6 months.Just stopped working checked fuses etc nothing,lance is foam lance i got is awesome to

20200329_105358.jpg

Crazy that, my first nilfisk survived 6 years of abuse before it started pulsing. Had the replacement nearly a year.

At 6 months it must be covered by the warranty?

Mine was replaced by Amazon without question. I just got the arse and bought a Kranzle and now keep the Nilfisk as a spare

How is the cup going mate,not heard from you on any updates.Looks good tho 👍🏻 @Mbeau

All good, interior back in, discovered a few water leaks that are now sorted, eibach sportlines fitted courtesy of @Coops Mk1, mats, all cleaned inside and out, stereo fitted, got some Tunini's awaiting refurb once things are back up and running and then just quarter panel to be done. Belts will also be done at some point, but not concered about them, especially being a Cup without the stupid tensioner issues. I will try start a thread this week. Will be going for Mot next, but might be a few months.

Loads of little jobs planned, but will be staying mainly OEM.

Few more jobs ticked off the list today.

Cleaned the seat belts & also side skirts off for a proper clean & seal with Wax Oil,all nice and straight with no rust🙂

Also fitted velcro pads to the number plates.

Seat Belts Before
20200403_164923.jpg

After (so much better)
20200404_113653.jpg

Skirts off & cleaned
IMG-20200404-WA0034.jpeg

IMG-20200404-WA0036.jpeg

Wax Oil on (its not dirt)
20200404_175615.jpg

All fitted back on & also silver rivets rather than black oe ones.
20200404_180901.jpg

20200404_181341.jpg

So clean, I love the silver theme!

I need to remove the side skirts as well, so got a question, why did you decide to go for rivets again, isn't it easier for future removal to get some flanged button bolts?

And are your front jacking points reinforced?

Just went with silver as its a silver car & black would stand out & i have thought about doing flange bolts & may do at some point.

No i will be strengthening the jacking points once the lock down has been lifted mate @MLB

Reactions: MLB
Finally got round to giving the 182 a proper clean & detail since owning it.

First off was Tar Off the a go over with Fall out Remover then washed with Auto Glym then dried off.Once all dry moved to the shade for Clay,Polish,Glaze Wax,then Normal Wax.Then Glass Polish,trim restorer,Tyre Gel & light coat of Wheel Wax.Pretty happy with the result as all done by hand,will use a mop on it soon once Lock Down is no more.

20200405_180213.jpg
20200405_141059.jpg
20200405_175558.jpg
20200405_175544.jpg
20200405_130757.jpg

Love the colour. Titanium for years was the best silver around. So crisp and sparkly (I'm a colour guy). Dislike the wheels. I never have like 1.2s. I think because pro Dyn were a Halfords brand it cheapened them.

So clean, I love the silver theme!

I need to remove the side skirts as well, so got a question, why did you decide to go for rivets again, isn't it easier for future removal to get some flanged button bolts?

And are your front jacking points reinforced?

I used stainless button head bolts and unlock nuts for this very reason

To be Honest im not 100% with the wheels,wheels them self look great but not sure on the 182.I may get the Turinis re painted & put them back on,will see or get a set of 2118's in Silver.

Will do the same mate makes sense as can remove on off easily then for reg cleaning @DomP182

A tiny little upto,over the easter weekend i decide to take all the scuttle panel off to do the trim restore using Gtechniq C4 & other trim parts.

I first gave all the trim parts a clean with Hot Water,Fairy Liquid & Multi Purpose cleaner.Lucky were having great weather as all parts dried off in no time,once all dry i wiped down with IPA a few times then begun starting to apply the C4.This was pretty easy to do & i also bought a small box of lint free pads as you only get a couple in the C4 box.Left the panels to dry off over a couple of nights indoors then refitted.

20200411_100614.jpg

While i was at it i also took my filter off for a clean & re oil.I will be ordering some black Silicone hoses for the induction,as at the moment i have blue & want black to go with the car,as i will also be painting the inlets etc soon.

20200411_153738.jpg

On others bits i have replaced the upper gearbox mount & got a set of stainless button head bolts to replace the rivets on the lower skirts.

I also got a pair of solid top mounts coming soon thanks to @Dr Jekyll

Thinking of also getting the Roll Centre & Bump Steer kit also 😁

Thanks mate & Yeah i do love the turinis & will get them re painted soon.Cant make my mind up which i like best,but to be honest im leaning more towards the Turinis.
@Matthew

I wouldnt mind a set of 2118's if someone has a silver set to swap

I got this washer a few years ago for christmas then packed up after about 6 months.Just stopped working checked fuses etc nothing,lance is foam lance i got is awesome to

View attachment 1461913

I've got this one had it replaced twice because it stopped working, eventually figured out it was actually fine you just need to run water through them before plugging the power in must get airlocked for some reason.

I've got this one had it replaced twice because it stopped working, eventually figured out it was actually fine you just need to run water through them before plugging the power in must get airlocked for some reason.
[/QUOTE

Thanks mate will try that later on 👍🏻