ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To cup or not to cup

Everyone says that you "have to get the cup susp pack". Now. If one was to buy a 182 with the intention of lowering it 40mm, do the other things included in the pack such as uprated wheel bearings still make it worthwhile getting the cup pack. Obviously you get the anthracite wheels but leave that aside for now. Do the other components of the cup sups pack (minus springs) make a large effect on ride?

Ta, Andy

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Having had a good thrash in a nin Cup suspensioned 182 I felt it was too soft and rolled too much, so for the enthusisatic driver its a must in my opinion...

But, if you are going to get a 182 without the Cup suspension and lower/stiffen it then itll be better than the standard setup.

Lee

BMW M2C

The other thing to take into consideration is the Cup suspension pack not only includes different springs and dampers but a different castor angle which is what helps the front end turn into a corner sharper.

Im sure youll be able to achieve the level of handling and comfort you want with after market bits though.

I have to admit, the other day I was pottering about taking my mom and nan somewhere and all I wanted was softer suspension. :oops:

Personally i wouldnt and didnt buy my 182 without the Cup Pack.

Its not alot of money, and personally id pay that just for the anthracite alloys.

So upgraded suspension, and all the other benifits are a bonus.

I might lower mine a tad aswell, but im assuming that I can just change the springs ?