ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To Sell or Not To Sell, Decisions Decisions

VRS
Ive had moments of weakness in the past where ive thought of selling up but these are usually short lived. Lately though ive been thinking about it lots and i am getting really itchy feet about it :(

the thing is im saving for my mortgage and hope to put a deposit down next summer, so i dont really want to spend anything extra on a car so 10k would be the maximum spend on a different motor.

my question is whether there is any other car worth having in that price bracket without sacrificing the speed,power handling and fun factor of the clio?! i also dont really want to look at cars over the 4 year old mark with high miles.

also wat do u guys reckon i could get for my motor? its 2004 and on 25k at the mo

do u think i will get more from splitting the mods and returning to standard?

heres a few pics and a list of the mods:

june2007006.jpg

june2007002.jpg

june2007008.jpg

strutbrace005.jpg

june2007005.jpg

april007.gif

BTB Exhaust
Yozzasport Decat
Angelworks Matched Inlets
RSTuning Remap
ITG Maxogen
Trophy Turinis Powdercoated In Pewter (More flake Than Anthracite)
Cobra Misano Reclining Bucket Seats
Gaz Coilovers
Braided Brake Lines With Dot 5:1 Fluid
Silvervisions All Round
New Style Renaultsport Rear Badge
LED Interior + Sidelights
Road Angel Hardwired In
3/4 Front Plate
Vibe Active 12" Sub
Rainbow Components
Alpine Headunit and Ipod Interface
Boot Floor Dynamatted
Viper Cold Air Feed In Lower Grill
Besting Ariel
Custom Side Badges,Front Diamond and Dash Inserts
Megane 225 Alloy Foot Rest
Justmatts Cliosport Embroided Matts
Painted Calipers
Hillpower Polished Strut Covers
Polished Top Engine Mount
Powdercoated Blue Strut Brace
Dynamat Hoodliner Under Bonnet
Custom Sprayed Engine Cover
Carbon Look Battery Cover and Fuse Box Cover
Blue Hose Covers
Blue Hillpower Silicone Elbow
Blue Samco Coolant Hoses

andy

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
definately make more from tselling the mods mate.

as for another car i reckon there isnt that much, the clios are such a good car for it!
just bang the age and price in autotrader and see what it comes back with...

maybe an astra GSI, plenty of modding possibilities, late 53/04 and good prices...?

Golf R soon...
Why not just keep the clio you have, its awesome! :) :)

You'll only end up throwing money at another car and end up missing the clio!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Keep it. Worst thing i ever did was sell mine. Even bought an evo as a replacement, and i've still ended up with a Clio!!

I don't think you can have more fun in a car for the money.

VRS
definately make more from tselling the mods mate.

as for another car i reckon there isnt that much, the clios are such a good car for it!
just bang the age and price in autotrader and see what it comes back with...

maybe an astra GSI, plenty of modding possibilities, late 53/04 and good prices...?

i was actually looking at the astra gsi's the other day, i saw ones i the bright blue colour and it looked really nice :D

i would love an frs or r32 but they are around 11k and 13k respectively so i woud be dippig into saving which i dont want to do

the other alternative is to buy something cheap and nippy but i know that if its something like a 106 gti then i would just end up spending money on modding it and i would be back to square 1 lol

I've been away from cliosport for about a year after getting rid of my clio for osmething newer and more reliable and more fuel efficient. I'm now looking changing again though and getting something sportier upto about £10k and not too old. I've spent the last two months looking and I'm back looking at Clio's!

www.renparts.co.uk

god no.... he says he wants a car that handles

doesn't seem worth selling after all the work you have had done on it... as you know your not going to get any back for mods really.. It looks fabulous, i would keep it.

VRS
Why not just keep the clio you have, its awesome! :) :)

You'll only end up throwing money at another car and end up missing the clio!

Keep it. Worst thing i ever did was sell mine. Even bought an evo as a replacement, and i've still ended up with a Clio!!

thats the dilemma, ive had the car for over 2 years now and sometimes get bored with it if you know what i mean, but i always have that feeling that i would miss it if i got rid

dont do it andy, you will end up modding another car and not be in pocket.

That RB is one of the best on the forum,

KEEP IT.

VRS
i think this sites been my downfall lol, everytime i say i will stop modding and just keep it as it is, someone puts a bargain up for grabs in the for sale section lol

Golf R soon...
When I feel bored with the my 182 what I do is turn the stereo off, put the windows down and go for a quick spin round the block, your love for the clio will come back then trust me! :cool:

Even more so if you have an induction kit and exhaust like me! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As above, its one of the best, and mirrorin alot of the mods i had on my old 172 and that was a peach!

Splitting is a shame and i couldn't be arsed doing it! Hence the sale of a complete car...

Difficult choice, i don't have any comittments as the mo, hence buyin the vee, had i been in your predicament it might have been a little different. As it is i'm lookin for a job & a flat so i wonder how long the vee will stay for!

M

mini-valver

Don't sell it! Silly man!
If you're going to put a deposit down next year anyway it seems pointless! You could sell things to make a grand or so though I.e Maxogen, Misano's if you really needed money. Middo would buy both TBH, lol

VRS
If you're going to put a deposit down next year anyway it seems pointless! You could sell things to make a grand or so though I.e Maxogen, Misano's if you really needed money. Middo would buy both TBH, lol

lol yeah marks already planning a midnight raid on my garage with his screwdriver set lol

Tangoed Works
Buying a house will be the best thing you will ever do. I bought a flat last year for 124k and they are going for 140 now, only thing that has suffered is the fact I havent had spare cash to mod my car.

Think as standard its pretty decent all round, but I still get that itch to blow a bit on it then resist the temptation.

I'm glad I resisted a carbon bonnet turinis and purchased a second flat with the money saved, spent a bit doing it up and made 17k profit.

Go figure. With cars money is always disappearing, now having made a bit, I wouldnt be bothered to blow a grand on my car.

BTW, I would keep the car, you have gone pretty far with it, if you ever need extra cash, just sell a couple of the mods. Wont hurt in the long run!

Oh and if you need a mortgage next year, PM me as I am a whole of market broker and no tied to any particular lender.

Chocolate Bar™

lol yeah marks already planning a midnight raid on my garage with his screwdriver set lol

ive told you my suggestions. ill take the seats and the maxogen and then you can sell up and get a civic CTR JDM import.

you know it makes sense ;)

on a sensible note if you were going to sell it i'd split as many things as you can and revert to as standard as possible as it makes the car more desirable to a greater number of people who dont want the hassle and aggro of a modified car.

Last edited:
  VRS

ive told you my suggestions. ill take the seats and the maxogen and then you can sell up and get a civic CTR JDM import.

you know it makes sense ;)

on a sensible note if you were going to sell it i'd split as many things as you can and revert to as standard as possible as it makes the car more desirable to a greater number of people who dont want the hassle and aggro of a modified car.

back off your hols fella? i will txt u to find out a pc'ing day soon ;) hehe

DAMN thats a nice Clio!!!!! I would never ever think about sellin it DONT DO IT!! Just if you are going to buy a V6! hehehe

So you want looks, handling and power and you want that for sub 10K?? Im in a very similar position although my rb is pretty standard. The only car im seriosly considering is a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 1. Seen a beaut in black, 1992, no rust and 240 bhp.
As long as you can live with the dubious reliability and servicing costs oh and the petrol consumption id say get one.
I've just got to find a buyer fro mine now.

DC5
That is one of the nicest 182's I have seen! I would be very tempted to keep it myself and concentrate on saving for a house. But I also get itchy feet after a couple of years of owning a car.

As middo said you wouldn't go far wrong with a JDM CTR, or possibly a late DC2.

I wouldn't sell it. If you do and regret selling it, you'll feel terrible.

Agree with Bezza, keep it and concentrate on saving for a house.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
keep it and dont spend any more money on it... if you get tight for cash then consider selling parts. Defo keep it, lovely car! :)

clio 200 F4Rt

couldnt agree more!

i am in the same boat. Getting rid of my 'better' Impreza spec-c and will be returning to a 172 cup or 182 cup.

You dont realise how good these cars are, until theyre gone. And i mean in a whole host of ways, performance, handling, MPG, looks etc etc.

cant wait to get my hands on another one!

VRS
i have to say the responses in this thread have deffo helped sway me towards keeping the clio :D will probably see the winter through then reassess next spring :)

Chocolate Bar™
i have to say the responses in this thread have deffo helped sway me towards keeping the clio :D will probably see the winter through then reassess next spring :)

you big gay!! was just talking it over with jess how much you'd want for your seats ;)

clio 182 ff
get a better job keep car an have a house like me bought house first then went an bought a clio best money i've ever spent

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
how do you get those viper end peaces to stick in the grill

i have tried on mine but never sits right

ur looks great

172 /megane cab
me to sold my cup to get a 330 missing the clio got a scooby uk30 have ju0 and ist got a 172 again