ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Cup In bits
Good resullts, I will need this with the square walled slicks ill have fitted.

Does the roller have a name on it as It seems a really good quality, and there is one for sale on ebay that is going to finish soon.

182cup & 172 racecar
arch-rolling-img-01.jpg

http://www.cjautosheywood.co.uk/wheelarch.shtml

It's this one.

Cup In bits
Cheers Tony, that's the one I got. @ 104 notes its cheaper than cj auto's site.

Did you go as far with it to completely remove the swaged line on the exterior of the panel or did you just roll the interior lip. I have seen it done on VW's where you can take the whole quarter out a good 30mm.

182cup & 172 racecar

Did you go as far with it to completely remove the swaged line on the exterior of the panel or did you just roll the interior lip. I have seen it done on VW's where you can take the whole quarter out a good 30mm.

Yeah, I didn't pay that either.

I kept going until my arms were about to fall off. Could put bigger spacers on the back now if we wanted.

If you mean did I get rid of the flat bit (as like the front) then yes, in the middle picture above you can just make out the line - managed to get rid of the line on the other side....as like Tony, gave it loads until it\ I couldn't take any more.

Cup In bits
Lol muscles required......Yeah that's what I was meaning. Couldn't really see in pics with the shadows.

Decided to get all four calipers refurbed at Bigg Red, for £200 + rtn postage they'll be stripped, shot blasted, painted (opted just for plain black) new pistons and seals, nipples etc.

The seal kits alone came to £50 and four pistons were £80 so for another £70 didn't seem worth doing myself. Got 10% off as I'm sending all four in too.

Pad wear on the fronts is becoming uneven, wedge shaped almost.

Just have to get home tonight, get the calipers off, boxed ready for shipping tomorrow and I may have them back in time for fitting this weekend.

^ Yes, not bad I thought.

May have to wait fitting my 205's as think I have too much front camber - as even with 25mm spacers there's only a small gap between the strut and 195 tyre. Could be wide enough, not got a spare set of wheels to fit the tyres too and don't want to mess my mate around swapping over etc. I'll have to get the gap measured.

The 205's do look a lot larger in the flesh.

ScreenHunter_02Sep041613.jpg

Did you look into the Pagid blue pads and HD discs Pete?

I did Andy, but doubt I'll change from the EBC yellow stuffs pads\Brembo HC's for now. They perform really well at the level\pace we're both at. Neither of us has any problem with the brakes, maybe towards the end of next season it'll be time to move away from the yellow stuff pads.

Also the price goes up £50 for front pads alone, paid £85 and £55 for the set of front \rear yellow stuff pads two weeks ago.

Already looking\planning for some winter changes to the Cup ........and need money for this too. LOL...nightmare.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I did Andy, but doubt I'll change from the EBC yellow stuffs pads\Brembo HC's for now. They perform really well at the level\pace we're both at. Neither of us has any problem with the brakes, maybe towards the end of next season it'll be time to move away from the yellow stuff pads.

Also the price goes up £50 for front pads alone, paid £85 and £55 for the set of front \rear yellow stuff pads two weeks ago.

Already looking\planning for some winter changes to the Cup ........and need money for this too. LOL...nightmare.

Please talk to me before you do anything with pads Pete :)

Do you get any brake vibration?

I'm getting quite a bit on mine and the front discs have only been on since the Mallory test. If it was a road car I'd be considering changing them.

Hi Mark, no, smooth as silk. Yours did seem to be hot when you did your driver change at Mallory, forgot to say. Your pax front was actually on fire...no lie. Supect that they were that hot a bit of shedded rubber from tyres must've landed on it and self ignited. Was on the pit wall talking about it (some one else noticed) was about to say something then you sped off - I didn't jump up and down as (as expected) the flames went out as you moved off. Lol' ing abit now as could been like "how do you make a cat go woof?"

Please talk to me before you do anything with pads Pete :)

Yes Dan I will, thanks!!

Cup In bits
I do still have them, maybe that was it.

Pads are prone for going on fire when disks get too hot even with steel disks and sintered pads.

My astra van had a partially seized caliper once and I went for a mad thrash and came home, my disk was glowing red from centre to outside, pads were on fire and cv joint boot had melted off .

That's extreme but your current setup is getting far too hot with your driving style, some cooling needed or different pad/disk combination if your warping disks easily.

See you there!! Exciting stuff.

You on the grid too? Didn't read that in your thread....good ho....tactical clio rolling road as there may be No's 4, 10, 12, 17, you and 59 (wimped out).

Though I've a bit of work to do come Wednesday next week, the delivering courier of my calipers to Big Redd took 4 days to get them there (arrived today) and they may be back on Wednesday next week....

You on the grid too? Didn't read that in your thread....good ho....tactical clio rolling road as there may be No's 4, 10, 12, 17, you and 59 (wimped out).

Though I've a bit of work to do come Wednesday next week, the delivering courier of my calipers to Big Redd took 4 days to get them there (arrived today) and they may be back on Wednesday next week....
If you have a problem with your courier getting them back to you in time (like me) I have a full car set of callipers if you need to borrow some mate :) Such a lot of clios on the grid aren't there! We deserve our own series :)

If you have a problem with your courier getting them back to you in time (like me) I have a full car set of callipers if you need to borrow some mate :) Such a lot of clios on the grid aren't there! We deserve our own series :)

I should know by Tues pm if they'll be ready - thanks for the offer James - may be in touch on late Wednesday-Thursday...I hope not though.

7 clios all in all (if I counted correct) and 40 cars on the grid......

No worries mate anything I can do to help :)!

Yes will be a great grid of them! Can't wait

Thanks James, can't wait myself now either...40 cars hmmm.....going to try and get a rear camera for the race too...may be a bumper cam too..lol

Seen on the race programme that No 14 is 1st reserve - hope he doesn't get on as there'll be carnage. ( not very sporting of me, but he's not aware of what's going on around him).

We need you all to do a blockade, lol.

Round em up....rawhide ...lol.

Just had a call from Bigg Red to take payment for my caliper refurb - and they'll be here tomorrow (fingers crossed and couriers allowing)....get them fitted etc job done. All's that's left to do will be give the Cup a bit of a clean and get it back on the trailer ready for the off on Saturday morning.

Nice....

Good luck Pete, hope its a good day, just remember its all about flat down craner.

:eek: we'll have to see about that...lol. I'll follow and take a lead and like sailing races, if the spinnaker is up on the yacht in front, so's yours......

Got a call, calipers have arrived and now sat in the shed. Got the 3rd mechanic (Dad) on the job now - after coming to the Mallory race seems to want to help - took all the calipers of for one...

182cup & 172 racecar
:eek: we'll have to see about that...lol. I'll follow and take a lead and like sailing races, if the spinnaker is up on the yacht in front, so's yours......

Got a call, calipers have arrived and now sat in the shed. Got the 3rd mechanic (Dad) on the job now - after coming to the Mallory race seems to want to help - took all the calipers of for one...

He seemed quite keen at Mallory.