ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Trophy Turbo :)
HOW HAVE I MISSED THIS!!! Wow well done i cant wai tto get home and ready from page 1 !!! :)

I really like that cam, track speed and date logger what is it or is it in your project :)

So, what's going on in TTT garage this winter;

Not too much really, limited the budget for bits a fair bit so out of it I bought the FG bonnet and boot - and an LSD, yes I bought James's one. Looked at the Gripper and although it's better at what it does, the maintenance, cost, our gain (would we actually notice the difference (probably not - at first)) from either type of LSD was all put in the pot. When James said he'd sell his out of the gear box - the scales were well and truly weighted to the Quaife. Also looked at not buying and putting towards test\track days and races - the box is coming out (leak from join and selector) and didn't really want to go to the effort again should we change our minds and wanted to fit a diff later on.....

I did look at changing the Final drive (whilst the gearbox was out) and after a really good discussion on Piston Heads decided that actually the gain was minmal overall and would lead to more gear changes and worked out that some of those would be at really inopportune points on a few tracks, unless all the ratios were changed at the same time - no shocks there really (lol), anyway here's a link to the PH thead

The races in CSCC this year are actually not that appealing to us - all bar 3 would involve alot of childcare arrangements so it's a choice of Snetterton , Brands, Cadwell and Donington which actually makes life easier. Away off shore sailing (all going to Greece) for Brands. So it'll be Snetterton, Cadwell and Donington for us this year and maybe the last Snetterton too.

Dropped the Cup of with Dan (519) to get the number 1 plug sorted (poped out at Brands back in Oct) last weekend, getting the box out in Dec and down to Agency to have the LSD, oil leaks sorted and a check over. Leaving Jan\Feb to sort any bits that may have slipped my mind, leaving the car ready for geo and testing in March ready for the 13th 14th April Snetterton race.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Dropped the Cup of with Dan (519) to get the number 1 plug sorted (poped out at Brands back in Oct) last weekend, getting the box out in Dec and down to Agency to have the LSD, oil leaks sorted and a check over. Leaving Jan\Feb to sort any bits that may have slipped my mind, leaving the car ready for geo and testing in March ready for the 13th 14th April Snetterton race.

just a thought...... I've got the car already, why not leave it with me to take the box out?

Sounds like a good winter plan mate. You'll love the diff

Sounds simple - trying to keep it that way, did look at the FB doors, though not sure I could squeeze that money in - out, maybe if I get knocked of my bike again lol....looking forward to driving and trying the diff out!!

just a thought...... I've got the car already, why not leave it with me to take the box out?

Cheers Dan, sent you a PM - got a good rate for removal and refit from a local garage (I provide oils etc), though if you can do it for the same I can leave, understand if it's out of your price range...

Clio 172
Have you done Cadwell before Pete? Its an awsome track it really is, only been there once but will be back a few times next year its just a real bugger of a place to get too/find.

Yes we have Andy, though not in 2012 as concentrated on the tracks that we were racing at. Will be going for a day before June 2013 that's for sure. Had a good time last when we were there last.

Found a pic and thread from July 2011;

attachment.php

attachment.php

Was a good day.....

And now back again.....LSD fitted - bearings, seals etc changed, had quite a worn 3rd - 4th selector. Now just waiting for the new clutch to arrive and it can all go back together. Can see why Martin starts at 7am and finishes at 2pm, the traffic was a mare A14 -M6 - M42 - M5 all very busy from 5am...think I'll stick to my bike and working in Peterborough.

Hi Tony, yes he got on it straight away, after driving out to find me, could see the Great Western Hotel but not the side road....lorry blocking it off. Dropped it off at 7:10 and he called me at 8:45 to say it's all done (he said he'd prepped the lsd from James's box the day before). I was miles away reading the paper...thinking who's calling me at this time of the morning....

Mate has got the gearbox back in, with some Race SYN 5 75W-90 - hmmm seemed very thick...almost had to spoon it out. Trying to think what's left to do.... Better get the list out. I'll get the car back..it's only 400 meters away in his unit\garage but it involves the tractor and the trailer. Last time I drove it down the track the gear lever kept moving as the linkage was being knocked about. Once back here I'll have a better idea.

Might just give it a spin first on the access road, tarmac, just for a look see.

Last edited:
This is Tony testing our diff for the first time

Mine will be a quick dash up and down a 1\4 mile straight with a 90 degree left n right at the end - on a dry day the "S" bend is a good one...

At least you've done something.

But feel I should be doing more.... than sitting back listening to spotify thinking about stuff...Think I've come to the conclusion unless your fully wedged up and a driver that can drive to exact the performance of every mod they're a bit pointless........

Can say that I've reached a plateau for spending on the Cup, it's as good as it's going to get without major investment (and it's quite good too). To be frank it's only worth spending so much and then you have to move on...up, if what the Clio gives doesn't suit.....not one to throw money away, for the majority of times that is...LOL. There's a couple of pointless mods on the cup...just can't think of them right now...

Think that getting sold four new tyres (off here) picking them up, being given 2 new ones whilst the other two were being put in my boot. Only to get home to find the two I didn't see were F8cking used. You know who you are, T*wt!! Ohhh that was a longtime coming.....feel better now......has made me feel what the f8ck is the point. Sexy car my ars3.....wasted a day that i'll never get back.

Whos done that Pete? Though cant say I expect much off this forum these days, putting trust in people on here is a bad idea.

Car with the diff will make a massive difference anyways Pete, like you said if there's nothing else you 'need' then dont bother and spend it on enjoying the car!

182cup & 172 racecar
Thanks for the spoiler.

Your right though Pete, that's why I'm spending nothing on the car for next year, only what's necessary to get it up and running as it finished last year.

Been stung by somebody on here by any chance?

Whos done that Pete? Though cant say I expect much off this forum these days, putting trust in people on here is a bad idea.

Car with the diff will make a massive difference anyways Pete, like you said if there's nothing else you 'need' then dont bother and spend it on enjoying the car!

Hi Nick, the who doesn't matter but the tale does...it's out now and seems that everyone is susceptible to being ripped off...even me. Going to concentrate on driving and driving the car next year....which will be good...Can't wait - still undecided about the Feb Bedford day that Chip is setting up.....might be more fun than "proper use of the Cup" for us at this stage...lol. Getting serious in my old age.

Thanks for the spoiler.

Your right though Pete, that's why I'm spending nothing on the car for next year, only what's necessary to get it up and running as it finished last year.

Been stung by somebody on here by any chance?

Good to know I'm on the same level of thinking as an experienced driver.....thanks...

Yes someone off here....pity really.

Car is perfect spec now Pete, cost verses benifit wise. Just enjoy it and try to get more out of it

Thanks Jay - think the only expense more than last year will be buying more tyres...

Hi Nick, the who doesn't matter but the tale does...it's out now and seems that everyone is susceptible to being ripped off...even me. Going to concentrate on driving and driving the car next year....which will be good...Can't wait - still undecided about the Feb Bedford day that Chip is setting up.....might be more fun than "proper use of the Cup" for us at this stage...lol. Getting serious in my old age.

Yeah I guess Pete.

I was thinking about the Bedford day, though I think there's going to be a lot of CS 'egos' going there so I've decided against it. Like i've said to Tony, i've got an Easytrack 5 day pass to use up by the end of next year so if you wanted I can set up a nice quiet trackday away from CS for youself and Sam, Tony, James and mine once i've got it all put together!

Nick

Yeah I guess Pete.

I was thinking about the Bedford day, though I think there's going to be a lot of CS 'egos' going there so I've decided against it. Like i've said to Tony, i've got an Easytrack 5 day pass to use up by the end of next year so if you wanted I can set up a nice quiet trackday away from CS for youself and Sam, Tony, James and mine once i've got it all put together!

Nick

Sounds a good idea Nick...get it sorted in the new year. Get some of your money back for you too...

Similar has happened to me on here too lol.

I think you're right on the mods front. I know I've not followed the same path lol but tinkering with engines is part of the fun for me. ITBs still to fit lol. Trumpets are hard to resist.

I did wash mine last weekend, first work on it since Oulton. It then rained on it just as I finished drying it :)

But feel I should be doing more.... than sitting back listening to spotify thinking about stuff...Think I've come to the conclusion unless your fully wedged up and a driver that can drive to exact the performance of every mod they're a bit pointless........

Can say that I've reached a plateau for spending on the Cup, it's as good as it's going to get without major investment (and it's quite good too). To be frank it's only worth spending so much and then you have to move on...up, if what the Clio gives doesn't suit.....not one to throw money away, for the majority of times that is...LOL. There's a couple of pointless mods on the cup...just can't think of them right now...

Think that getting sold four new tyres (off here) picking them up, being given 2 new ones whilst the other two were being put in my boot. Only to get home to find the two I didn't see were F8cking used. You know who you are, T*wt!! Ohhh that was a longtime coming.....feel better now......has made me feel what the f8ck is the point. Sexy car my ars3.....wasted a day that i'll never get back.
Haha LOL at explaining spotify to Tony ;)

Great news on getting the diff all sorted mate I can't wait to see what difference it makes to your times! Should be really interesting next season.

Still can't believe about the tyres mate :(

PMSL at sexy car etc
Yeah I guess Pete.

Nick
I'd certainly be up for that Nick :) Let me know when you guys are thinking and we can sort it out! Would be a good laugh

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

thought you were going to go into a flying rage that day. Really shitty thing to do