ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Home in one piece, weather was shocking...- now back at work again to realise I'm on a half day and get to cycle home in the light.....nice. Way I work\look at it - the money I save by cycling to work 20 miles a day - works out to 3500 (roughly) a year /30mpg = 116 gallons x 4.5 = 527 ltrs @ £1.40/ltr = £750 saved each year in fuel which pays for the fuel and a bit more for the Cup....maybe not worth (nearly) killing myself for twice a day but makes the cost a little bit easier....

did you see the bbc documentary about cyclists/road rage?
was very good

Yes, was good and very true... I can see both sides of the story - every day at least once a car clips me or pulls out with 1 mtr to go thinking gotta get in front of the cyclist - don't know why when I'm doing 25mph and going faster than they perceive, then again I've been the cause of a few angry drivers as one of the roads I cycle down is one of these "fast" country lanes and I command the road, on my side allowing no one to sneak\squeeze between me and the oncoming traffic....I'm vunerable whilst the car with it's driver isn't and I think my life is worth holding them up for a few mins or less...

Take earlier this week approaching traffic lights i'm doing 20-25mph car screechs round me only to stop at the red lights, I go to filter into the cycle part infront of him...out jumps the passenger----smash...mullered my front wheel and brakes - right arm\side bruised to f*ck and his door bent back almost to the wing...worth it... I think not.

Two sides to every story....but the passeger paid the £100 repair bill same day....sh1t happens but aslong as it's put right no real harm done IMO.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, was good and very true... I can see both sides of the story - every day at least once a car clips me or pulls out with 1 mtr to go thinking gotta get in front of the cyclist - don't know why when I'm doing 25mph and going faster than they perceive, then again I've been the cause of a few angry drivers as one of the roads I cycle down is one of these "fast" country lanes and I command the road, on my side allowing no one to sneak\squeeze between me and the oncoming traffic....I'm vunerable whilst the car with it's driver isn't and I think my life is worth holding them up for a few mins or less...

Take earlier this week approaching traffic lights i'm doing 20-25mph car screechs round me only to stop at the red lights, I go to filter into the cycle part infront of him...out jumps the passenger----smash...mullered my front wheel and brakes - right arm\side bruised to f*ck and his door bent back almost to the wing...worth it... I think not.

Two sides to every story....but the passeger paid the £100 repair bill same day....sh1t happens but aslong as it's put right no real harm done IMO.

i feel your pain as i am also a cyclist....
the last accident doesn't sound clever..... at all

7th March ;)

To far, time and distance (can't do any over nights or really long days now if we both go)......looking at Snetterton 300 on Feb 10th with Javelin, £99 or may risk Cadwell Jan 18th for £79 again with Javelin.

Javelin seem to have loads of dates set up until May but Easytrack have 1 day ....ET were pretty rubbish all through 2012.

Last edited:
Checked the Cup for gearbox oil leaks earlier this morning - got a weep from the filling point wing nut - can feel a hole in the middle of wing nut, will this accept an Allen key or square drive? Read on here that they are white plastic, mines black and cold - so metal??

Other than that oil free on the outside....

Picked up a set of black OZ F1's today, from a member from here....well 6 miles in a straight line worth look see. All as stated in the forsale thread, nice. Can now get the part worn A048's on and used at the next track day, to tight to bin or sell cheap..rather use for track days and save the good tyres.

Just got to get the geo sorted next week, the pax side track rod and end was changed whilst the gearbox was being done. Then apart from a good clean, all ready for Snetterton on Feb 10th..

Both can't wait for this.......

Hmm.....After I cleaned 1 of the wheels found that they where in fact not just black but sliver too. He'd painted the outside but left the inside silver andsold covered in sh1te (more fool me again for not checking everything out, will I never learn) called the seller up and then sent him this the next day - see where this goes....

07 January 2013

Mr A Hxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx

Dear Mr A Hxxxxxx
Ref; Sale of 4 Wheels

Further to your text messages and telephone calls dated the 05\06 January2013 regarding the sale of your wheels to me.
I am writing to inform you that I consider it a breach of the Sale of Goods act that you mis-described them when you provided details about the colour of the wheels you were selling. By only giving details of one colour you misrepresented your wheels tome and gave me no indication that there were in fact 2 different colours to the wheels. I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct.

With yourself I arranged the purchase of 4 wheels from you with a stated colour of dark grey\black, I arrived at x xxx xxxxxx and inspected the wheels. The front of the wheels had been cleaned, the reverse and inside of the wheels had not been cleaned and the colour of the inside of the wheels could not be determined. Having had no indication from you that there was another colour to the wheels I continued with the purchase of the wheels. I did not “take the hose pipe located in your garden and clean them” as your father advised I should’ve done later when I telephoned to complain about the wheels. I discovered the 2[SUP]nd [/SUP]colour “silver” when cleaning the wheels the day after purchasing them. Had I known the wheels were of 2 different colours I would not have bought them.

Theresolution to this matter still to be made good by you is as follows;

Foryou to accept the return of the 4 wheels and for the return of themonies paid by me for them.

I require a sum equal to the amount that I paid to you for the wheels;

£200.00

I also require a sum to compensate for my time and for the return of the wheels

£25

I will use photographs of the 4 wheels to prove\support my claim.

I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts and would invite you to put forward any proposals in this regard.

I would be willing to accept you arranging a professional service for the wheels to be painted all one colour.

In closing I would draw your attention to section II (4) of the Practice Direction which gives the courts the power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with the direction including failing to respond to this letter before claim. I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days, should I not receive a response to my letter within this time frame then I anticipate that court action will be commenced with no further reference to you.
Yours sincerely

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I am guessing they are the OZ F1's, not good of the seller to try and purposefully deceive you, it wasn't as if you weren't going to find out.

Last time I use cash - Paypal only from now on in.....seriously thought about just binning the lot it's made me that mad tbh.

I also got told that " they are perfectly good as wheels and they will do the job that they are made for"....

I have only bought maybe 6 things on here - 3 I've had major problems with - the other one was I bought some solid engine\gearbox mounts - no more than 6 mths old and 1000 miles. FFS I sent those straight back - chewed up to bug4ery - so what is going on with other sales on here I can't be alone with all this trouble....?

Last edited:
Shame your having troubles again Pete! Ive bought loads of crap through this site and never had any problems bar the occasional late postage. And as for selling ive always tried to be honest on here and never had any problems, I reckon the clio chav era is coming due to silly low prices.

Does the semi auto come with a race mode ;) Best cash price?

I've bought loads on here and all except one item has been fine, you must be unlucky.

Been offered £700 I almost laughed and didn't expect him to arrive - he never did.

It would annoy me too. Whenever I've sold anything I've been straight as an arrow

Hmmm - you selling any wheels?

Hope what ive sold you was ok.

Still got the wheels and the shift light has never told any lies so things are good.

Shame your having troubles again Pete! Ive bought loads of crap through this site and never had any problems bar the occasional late postage. And as for selling ive always tried to be honest on here and never had any problems, I reckon the clio chav era is coming due to silly low prices.

19 yo Chav's, don't get me started -

I was thinking the same for what I sold him too lol :)

Sorry to hear you've been messed around again Pete :(

Everyone thinks i'm the only one who's bothered about paint ;)

Diff is still in the box - think this is OK purchase number 3.............now got to wait until Snetterton March 17th now to try out as had to move Feb 10th slot.

Cup In bits
Im with you Pete, I have had a few bad purchases on here. Peoples standard's of "Average" "Good" and "A1" are completely different to mine tbh, be honest in your ad and price your item to suit. Don't think I can get this because John Smith is selling his for this and some stupid t**t has paid well over the odd's previously. Speedline 2118's amongst other things are well overpriced on here, look at the purchase prices people as you could get a new set for very little more on top.

172 cup, Impreza P1
If e had a few purchases on here that the seller has been very economical with the truth but largely they have been ok. I would only pay cash or bank transfer if I seen the goods in person and PayPal for everything else. PayPal has resolved a couple of eBay disputes for me.

Im with you Pete, I have had a few bad purchases on here. Peoples standard's of "Average" "Good" and "A1" are completely different to mine tbh, be honest in your ad and price your item to suit. Don't think I can get this because John Smith is selling his for this and some stupid tw*t has paid well over the odd's previously. Speedline 2118's amongst other things are well overpriced on here, look at the purchase prices people as you could get a new set for very little more on top.

If e had a few purchases on here that the seller has been very economical with the truth but largely they have been ok. I would only pay cash or bank transfer if I seen the goods in person and PayPal for everything else. PayPal has resolved a couple of eBay disputes for me.

Generally now I think I prefer the forums that impose selling restrictions for new members (100 posts -member for 1 year sort of thing) - I know not a complete answer\solution, just stops the casual "i'll just sell this badly described item here so I can offload it and not loose too much cash" as really once it's sold it's nigh on impossible to get a refund - not worth the hassle for £30-£50 and even the higher value items - you pay cash, might as well burn it really if the item turns out to be a pile of dog sh1te.

Maybe I'm just a moaning cnut - but sellers on here (I've sold on here too) just amaze me with their nerve.

Latest update from another recent purchase from a CS member,

Bought an item for £32.50 and as the seller lives a short distance away said I'd pick up to save on postage and they could save on the paypal fees as I'd pay cash, I got a £2.50 discount leaving £30 to pay. I was Ok with this. I then couldn't make it and agreed with the seller to pay £32.50 to get the item delivered.

The item arrives (nothing wrong with item at all) and I saw that it cost £6.30 to post....along with the paypal fees means a total cost of around £8 to the seller. I got a discount of a paltry £2.50...ffs.

It also turns out that it's the same seller I got my Dad to look at some wheels that he was selling a while back, that were advertised as A1 - my dad rejected them (obviously has a better eye than me!!) as one of them was bent.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bought an item for £32.50 and as the seller lives a short distance away said I'd pick up to save on postage and they could save on the paypal fees as I'd pay cash, I got a £2.50 discount leaving £30 to pay. I was Ok with this. I then couldn't make it and agreed with the seller to pay £32.50 to get the item delivered.

The item arrives (nothing wrong with item at all) and I saw that it cost £6.30 to post....along with the paypal fees means a total cost of around £8 to the seller. I got a discount of a paltry £2.50...ffs.

Correct me if im wrong here, but surely the seller has lost out massively, not you?

They assumed it would cost £2.50 to post, so said you could have it for £30 instead of £32.50. £30 to the seller.
You then pull out of collecting it, so they agree to post it to you instead, & it ends up costing them £6.30. So they receive £26.20.

And you're moaning :S

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
he's moaning that they only offered a £2.50 discount if he collected.

Definitely raised testicular load