ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Correct me if im wrong here, but surely the seller has lost out massively, not you?

They assumed it would cost £2.50 to post, so said you could have it for £30 instead of £32.50. £30 to the seller.
You then pull out of collecting it, so they agree to post it to you instead, & it ends up costing them £6.30. So they receive £26.20.

And you're moaning :S

They didn't assume it would cost £2.50 has they have sold at least 20 sets of these before I bought mine, so the £6.30 was a known postage cost.

You're also correct, I am moaning.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
So if you collected, like you said you would (messing me around) I would have got £30 for the spacers. Now ive posted to you ive got roughly £26 after paypal and postage fees..
It would have cost you less than £2.50 in fuel to get to my house, so ive lost out on money, and gone out of my way because you cant collect..

And you say ive got a nerve?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?664547-2x-15-quot-OZ-F1-s-amp-R888-s

Nowhere in there are the wheels advertised as A1 condition, the "bent wheel" was very slightly buckled, I offered to swap it with one of the car so you had 2 straight ones, as the wheel balanced up fine and never cased me an issue... buy YOU declined the offer...

Your right, your a moaning cnut.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Its ok, mines back in the wardrobe :)

If he wants me to get it back out, he knows my address and phone number..
Just not going to sit by and let someone **** me off when I really cant see as ive done anything wrong, if anything, saved him the hassle of driving to my house to collect...

Gotta say there's a LOT of this thread spent moaning about buying stuff

You bought wheels and they turned out to be the wrong colour when you washed them? Well you collected them could you not have noticed that or rubbed one with a rag before paying?
Went to buy wheels and one was buckled which Ed had never noticed, so he offered to take one off his car at a massive inconvenience to himself so you'd still have 2 straight ones and your dad declined - but your still winging.

Now Ed's posted spacers to you because you couldn't get over to collect them and lost money to still provide a service to you - and your moaning again

You seem to expect a service like you'd receive buying £££££'s brand new from a retailer when you're buying very cheap 2nd hand parts?

FYI - I sold Ed some brake parts that were too heavy to post so asked him if he would mind collecting, he drove all the way up to Lincoln and collected without a single winge.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Gotta say there's a LOT of this thread spent moaning about buying stuff

You bought wheels and they turned out to be the wrong colour when you washed them? Well you collected them could you not have noticed that or rubbed one with a rag before paying?
Went to buy wheels and one was buckled which Ed had never noticed, so he offered to take one off his car at a massive inconvenience to himself so you'd still have 2 straight ones and your dad declined - but your still winging.

Now Ed's posted spacers to you because you couldn't get over to collect them and lost money to still provide a service to you - and your moaning again

You seem to expect a service like you'd receive buying £££££'s brand new from a retailer when you're buying very cheap 2nd hand parts?

FYI - I sold Ed some brake parts that were too heavy to post so asked him if he would mind collecting, he drove all the way up to Lincoln and collected without a single winge.

Holla <3

No love lost.
Dont want a massive argument..

Just dont appreciate being bad mouthed after IMO I helped you out..

172 Race Car
popcorn.gif

Ed, like you say no love's lost and everyone's opinion is different.....any way it's here for all to read, both sides of the story and comment - either way.

As for you Phil I'll not bother to say much in reply to you - other than you've posted another great reply where you read and mis read and mis quoted. Oh well, better not whinge any more eh? The worlds a perfect place, right? Phil?....you still there......ah thought not.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I think this is actually a little out of character for Pete. He's a nice guy, but clearly been wound up by a few people and probably at the point of being over sensitive

edit...too slow

As for you Phil I'll not bother to say much in reply to you - other than you've posted another great reply where you read and mis read and mis quoted. Oh well, better not whinge any more eh? The worlds a perfect place, right? Phil?....you still there......ah thought not.

Eh? I didn't quote anything? And of course I'm still here :|

You realise that going to buy some wheels IN PERSON and then complaining about them and taking the young lad to court afterwards is the equivalent of me going to buy a new camera, looking at just the box, paying cash and then winging when I find there's a banana where the camera should be?

It's a cash sold-as-seen deal. Do you not think it's a bit aggressive taking him to court?
Also do you not see the MASSIVE IRONY that your dad turned down a set of wheels that he inspected and decided he didn't like - and you say that was a waste of time - but then when you DIDN'T inspect some alloys you bought that was also someone else wasting your time!?

I'm sure it is out of character but it's coming across as very Victor Meldrew

Eh? I didn't quote anything? And of course I'm still here :|

You realise that going to buy some wheels IN PERSON and then complaining about them and taking the young lad to court afterwards is the equivalent of me going to buy a new camera, looking at just the box, paying cash and then winging when I find there's a banana where the camera should be?

It's a cash sold-as-seen deal. Do you not think it's a bit aggressive taking him to court?
Also do you not see the MASSIVE IRONY that your dad turned down a set of wheels that he inspected and decided he didn't like - and you say that was a waste of time - but then when you DIDN'T inspect some alloys you bought that was also someone else wasting your time!?

I'm sure it is out of character but it's coming across as very Victor Meldrew

And with this final thought, let's leave this (your part) where it's is.....good pic nevertheless.

Finally getting round to getting the Cup "race" ready, booked in to get the geo sorted after replacing passenger side TR and TRE's, getting it on a set of ramps for a good going over, noticed a bolt or two loose when sorting gearbox drip.
top up gearbox oil
replace rear spacers with behind the hub ones
may remove more door weight (side bar protection etc)

Just bought some new brembo front discs from EBAY seems to cheap but if they turn up and are correct...no problem.

Sorted Sam's race licence - mine's not so easy....can't do it online....
Registered for the TT's series
then good to go - got a day at Snetterton booked in March and the first race is there on the 14th April

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Getting there Pete, did you fit that selector repair kit?

Muchos cheapness on the disks, don't quote me but I think they are just normal disks but have absolutely no difference to the high carbon versions in how they handle heat or wear.

They are cheap, they the same as the high carbon ones everyone uses?

Hoping so, just searched the 09.8137.24 number and it's come up HC on CS...I'll have to see what turns up...

Getting there Pete, did you fit that selector repair kit?

Muchos cheapness on the disks, don't quote me but I think they are just normal disks but have absolutely no difference to the high carbon versions in how they handle heat or wear.

If you mean the gearbox selector then no - Agency did it when I took the box in for a look over and LSD fitting. Times already racing on - I only do stuff on the Cup at weekends which limits things a bit.

Cup In bits
Yeah I meant the g/box selector. Hope those disks turn out good, 2 for 1 against HC's.

Out of interest how much disks and pads did you go through last season and roughly how much miles/hours did you get from them. Tyres also, I'm building up an inventory to save on costs when I get going.

Evens - I remain +ve

You'll larf - still got the same Brembo HC's that I put in March 2011...still loads of meat left on.....same for the rear.

1 set of EBC red's during 2011 - 8 full track days

one set of EBC Yellows 2012 - 4 races and 3- 4 track test days

Replaced the fronts Oct 2012 and left the rears as they were ok. Neither of us are heavy on the brakes....or we're not going fast enough, lol..

Cup In bits
Evens - I remain +ve

You'll larf - still got the same Brembo HC's that I put in March 2011...still loads of meat left on.....same for the rear.

1 set of EBC red's during 2011 - 8 full track days

one set of EBC Yellows 2012 - 4 races and 3- 4 track test days

Replaced the fronts Oct 2012 and left the rears as they were ok. Neither of us are heavy on the brakes....or we're not going fast enough, lol..

Lol I was expecting you lads to be wrecking brakes and tyres to be honest, even with not being at the sharp end. My mates in minis are doing 2-3 tyres a weekend, qualy and 2 or 3 10lap/10 minute races and there doing disks most months and stripping and de glazing brakes between races.

Thats a nice surprise.

We only change our rears because we life the bearings to 11hrs. Discs look brand new when they come off.

How do you fair with consumables Tony aside from when you try to put some custom coach work lines on the car?

Have you not considered wheel bearing sets? I have heard Renault do reasonable full bearing kits for cheap or even just the rears alone as disks are £90 from the frogs.

Great stuff Pete :) Hope the car goes well on the trackday! Wish Snett was closer would have been good to come and watch the race!

Sorry if i'm stating the obvious lol, but you realise that ebay link is just for one disc so for a pair is £44 which is more than a normal set isn't it?

Cup In bits
Sorry if i'm stating the obvious lol, but you realise that ebay link is just for one disc so for a pair is £44 which is more than a normal set isn't it?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ....aaahhhh.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Reading fail, I sat and thought this is a fecking good deal this!!

182cup & 172 racecar
Great stuff Pete :) Hope the car goes well on the trackday! Wish Snett was closer would have been good to come and watch the race!

Yes it's in the first line of Item description.