ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Emailed Pete a graph. I'll post once I know he's seen it. Few bits to sort like cold start and a little flat spot low down, but it's brilliant basically :D

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Toastpower_zpsdbf05828.png

looks like I forgot to check the weather station was turned on, and I forgot to change the file name too LOL, but it was warm as hell so compensations would have made result marginally higher. I'm very chuffed with that

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

it's very high compression (scary high) all forged and balanced, 422s one piece valves and catcams valve springs, reworked standard inlet with ph1 cable throttle, and Canems ECU (and a few other bits here and there)

Basically just throw this lot in a block, and hope ;)
391378_510532472333912_2141387100_n.jpg

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Thanks :D I'm just really pleased with the torque spread, the lack of itbs sometimes pushes the peak right up the revs with wild cams. I had 215/165 in mind that if be happy with, done similar spec before on single throttle but not for a few years now.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
pfffff, erm, I've not even kept an eye on the running total for this recently. I'll be honest, it's not the cheap way but it's a big spec list. Depends how much you DIY as the total on this is including the loom, ECU etc too

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've also heard "I'm never building another loom" from Moo almost enough times to believe it, so i need to sit him down and stroke his face into submission before doing another one LOL

Cracking result Dan glad I've waited, looking forward to seeing how your 1st run goes in this Pete, I just need to start saving now.

Regards Russ......

We've learnt a lot from you Tony, now We'll be able to learn more as able to keep up - on the straights at least.

Awesome results! Hopefully it will be hassle free racing from here on out :)

Seen the last of the limp mode issues for sure, the rest, well that's racing...

217 and no bodies? Impressive!

Quite like the numbers myself too, but I suspect the driving will be quick!

All thanks to Dan for the engine! I just provided the means.

Bet you can't wait to be back in it Pete!

Nope the 24th July can't come soon enough, intercom already fitted to helmets and unit wired up to a 9v battery ready to go in the car, think it'll be needed on the day.

Cracking result Dan glad I've waited, looking forward to seeing how your 1st run goes in this Pete, I just need to start saving now.

Regards Russ......

Cheers Russ, be some video\data after the 24th at Cadwell, should be a good day - fair few cars booked on so possibly a bit too busy perhaps.

Wow splendid results... Nothings going to be stopping Pete now.

​Cheers sonny, nothing apart from my hamfisted driving perhaps..lol.

So, what's been going on in the toaster of late -

Went to the Renault RS evening at Bedford on the 5th July - had some pax rides and drove a couple of cars, Dan's 197

Pete197_zps2db53da0.jpg

and Harv's 172 Cup

bedfordPete172cup_zps9f1bfccd.jpg

both on road rubber with me quickly finding out it's all very different, two years since I've driven a road car on track - it was fun whilst thinking ah, this ole corner, easy, turn in, nothing. Doh! not in the race car now, tooooo fast.

Think I may start up getting my instructors licence as telling Harv he should be in 4th with his foot on the floor instead of cruising in 5th was working, until after carrying a lot more speed round the track found us a lot, lot faster into a bend than on previous laps. The braking point used before was a bit too late - Harv got us round though.

Was a very hot evening which lead onto some hasty hay making for the next couple of days

Hay2013_zps1b962179.jpg

in between cutting and turning the hay we had Scarlett's 6th birthday party, load of her manic school friends came round - played Mr Wolf!

and on Sunday time to bale and then into the barn on Monday.

Hay2013b_zpsd65e2ebd.jpg

Now the Cup is ready, after a few weeks with Dan at 519 (engine) and Moo from Beaniesport (loom), to be picked up and put to good use. Got a cracking engine now (thanks again Dan), more than enough to now play with the front runners in the French Trophy series.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Trophy #343
So, what's been going on in the toaster of late -

Went to the Renault RS evening at Bedford on the 5th July - had some pax rides and drove a couple of cars, Dan's 197

Pete197_zps2db53da0.jpg

and Harv's 172 Cup

bedfordPete172cup_zps9f1bfccd.jpg

both on road rubber with me quickly finding out it's all very different, two years since I've driven a road car on track - it was fun whilst thinking ah, this ole corner, easy, turn in, nothing. Doh! not in the race car now, tooooo fast.

Think I may start up getting my instructors licence as telling Harv he should be in 4th with his foot on the floor instead of cruising in 5th was working, until after carrying a lot more speed round the track found us a lot, lot faster into a bend than on previous laps. The braking point used before was a bit too late - Harv got us round though.

Was a very hot evening which lead onto some hasty hay making for the next couple of days

Hay2013_zps1b962179.jpg

in between cutting and turning the hay we had Scarlett's 6th birthday party, load of her manic school friends came round - played Mr Wolf!

and on Sunday time to bale and then into the barn on Monday.

Hay2013b_zpsd65e2ebd.jpg

Now the Cup is ready, after a few weeks with Dan at 519 (engine) and Moo from Beaniesport (loom), to be picked up and put to good use. Got a cracking engine now (thanks again Dan), more than enough to now play with the front runners in the French Trophy series.

New engine sounds brilliant :) good to meet you a Bedford, look forward to meeting the car too next time

I remember your first outing at Bedford Pete.
Like driving to the shops.

Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember your first outing at Bedford Pete.
Like driving to the shops.

I knew I'd missed a turn some where, but look what you've ( & Jay) turned us into.

Got to firm up moving the holiday start date and sweet talk the mademoiselle we're hiring the villa from ( she only likes changeovers on a Saturday) and I think we're on for Mallory!!

Get away with murder in my house I do (where the Cup is concerned)....best thing I did getting Sam involved...still get a slap at other times though.

Just got on a Thruxton VXR performance school day later this month - £195 for 3 1\2 hours in a track\race prepped Corsa with 1 to 1 instruction for the whole time (or just there to make sure I don't turn of the ABS etc). Normally these days (only 4 people in the morning and 4 in the afternoon) are snapped up the moment the dates are published, must have been lucky to check when I did. Either way, cheap track time and not in my car.

Just had my joining instructions emailed through for this day, can't wait for the 23rd now - getting to Thruxton for 07:30 from Peterborough will be a bit of a struggle mind.

Did a fair bit to the Cup this weekend, set up the intercom and aux power to the central X area of the ROP, had to use a few tie wraps mind. Completely cleaned it inside - load of oil, wires, crap form all the work. Fitted the pax sub frame, seat and harness.

Jacked up the trailer blocked it up on wood blocks to get underneath gave it all a once over, again.

All that's left this weekend is wheels (and swap race wheels over to track rubber, nearly worn out A048's) off, brake etc check, may bleed through some newer brake fluid, oil change and that's about it. Hopefully.....

After the steering column change to EPAS having to get the geo re done as didn't line up the splines all that well, steers straight but no amount of adjusting the steering wheel on the column will bring it all central. Nevermind.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've just caught up on a few project threads including this one... and I'm liking those figures! That will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the Motors TV coverage... :D

Spent the day yesterday getting the Cup ready for Cadwell on Wednesday, found that with the heat exchanger the oil temp and the water temp both stayed at 75 degrees. Always wondered what effect it had, be good to see where the temps are on track.

Can't wait to see what the 170 lb\ft feels like.....worth every penny no doubt!

Quick pic, all clean and ready to go.....

CuppreCadwell07-2013_zps75ad6f94.jpg

​Have a good one Pete ;)

It was an ace day, cheers Sonny (are you on the FT forum now?)

​A mate of mine was there as well!

I was the only Performance school driver in the morning (unless he was there for the arrive and drive 1 hour slots) though did see a RS Clio reg JTU in a rusty orange colour sort of know the reg - don't know why.

You survived the day then Pete. Have a good day at Cadwell today.

Glad I didn't do the TT race there earlier this year - not with out having driven the track before - it's not for the faint hearted (can't see half of the track ahead when in the car) think I was finally getting 105 possibly 110 through Church at the end of the sessions..in 5th too, finally flat!