ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Sounds like a good drive by Sam. Bad luck on the seal.

I find the beeping really useful for knowing what the gopro is doing, I can't see the face from where it is mounted.

Have you tried the spot mode rather than centre to stop the exposure changing so much from light to dark? I also read somewhere that it sets some of the levels (can't remember which) at turn on so if you turn it on in one environment and then take it somewhere else to use they can be wrong. I was using mine for skiing and it just looked massively over exposed so did some research.

Tried both the two different modes - spot and the one with a large rectangle, both when pointing into bright sunlight over expose what's in front of the screen. Never had this problem before but then again never really had many very sunny days the last two years when out on track. Think it'll have to be moved, i'll try it in a different position and see what the difference is.

I think someone should of told you that before you posted it Peter. Lovfl

Almost could've been a dare, pity it wasnt.

I get away with "Turbo thingy".lol

Someone has to keep the peace and pick up the pieces! Hope I won't have too next time out, wouldn't like to be the focus of some angry barge driver.

^Mr Grimes if you don't mind lol.

All a bit much really, wasn't going to explain myself , just bait a bit more.

Lol, I feel you got the wrath of what I said Pete! They're very 'straight to the point' aren't they!

Ah, so you sowed the seed! I didn't like to point them in the direction for all their "French" jokes, all said with the best possible intentions I'm sure.

Anyway, should get the Cadwell write up this weekend (waiting on the driver to get their part written) - with just a bit of qualifying footage to show.

Tried both the two different modes - spot and the one with a large rectangle, both when pointing into bright sunlight over expose what's in front of the screen. Never had this problem before but then again never really had many very sunny days the last two years when out on track. Think it'll have to be moved, i'll try it in a different position and see what the difference is.

Mine did it at Oulton. Maybe it is just up and down the hills when the sun is out. Tony's is further back in the car and his interior is white so maybe that is enough to stop it happening.

What model do you have? Mine is a GoPro HD 1.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Pete - mines a hero3 silver and its mounted to the main roll over hoop. You've seen my video of the nurburgring lap, so maybe worth trying mounting it higher up? I always have it in spot mode as well

Ah - finally some track time (hopefully!) :)

Yes - that's the plan lol, just unfortunate the way things have worked out. Going to suggest Sam just does two laps in Q, leaving me the lion's share too, as she'll have to start from the back for her race whether she qualifies or not.

Get in there.
I'll only enter after oulton is out the way.

Hows the engine doing, or haven't you asked.

Not asked yet, as I left it with Dan on the Sunday after the Cadwell race, it wasn't going to be touched until this week when the engine was coming out, I'll ring - email over the weekend as need to go down during next week to finish off a few bit's in the bay - and with the engine out it'll be a lot easier. The plan was to have it ready for before Dan goes away on holiday or failing that pickup on the week after he returns, leaving plenty of time to get it ready for the 20th October, including a day out on the 13th should we feel the need.

Last edited:
Another "milestone" achived last week.

Cycled 10,000 miles since Nov 2010, when I started to ride to work.

The £1800 saved in fuel has been put into the Cup.

10000miles_zps078581fe.jpg

Chase Racing Clio
You've done well there Pete! I'm on 1500 since January, bit of a way to go 'til I hit 10,000 though. Do you use strava?? If you don't, you need to...

Na, bet you would still drive there.

Pete, that's like going to Australia. You just need to come back now.

Thinking why would I come back, plus it would take another 2.5 years.

You've done well there Pete! I'm on 1500 since January, bit of a way to go 'til I hit 10,000 though. Do you use strava?? If you don't, you need to...

Thanks Hoofy, I don't use Strava - as I have a windows phone and Strava not Windows friendly (the last time i looked). I use Sports-tracker.

Impressive Pete, over 3000 a year. Need to do similar myself tbh.

Finding the time is a problem for most - I'd be in a car on the way to work or coming home so don't have to find the time, couldn't do it otherwise.

Had a quick email catch up with Dan earlier and will more than likely be picking the car up next week\weekend just in time for Donington, though already not looking forward to the packing up and getting home late (after getting there for a 7:30 sign on).

clio cup
I'm getting there for Saturday lunch time, set up paddock and tent then watch the racing

See you bright and early Saturday morning pete/Sam

Going to be a long day Pete.

Too long, might see if there are any Travel lodges, now that my M & D have sorted a bigger house (downsized and realised it's not all that and upsized again) and can overnight H & S for us.

I'm getting there for Saturday lunch time, set up paddock and tent then watch the racing

See you bright and early Saturday morning pete/Sam

Looking forward to it Dinger - though I'm not so bright at o'fcuk o'clock in the AM

Fri eve for me, looks like there will be some good racing.

The mini stuff Sat eve looks interesting as there are no lights round Donington that I've seen?

And so it continues, took myself off the grid for the FT Donington race and put myself on the reserve list.

Got some issues with the gearbox, even though both Tony and James have more or less said run it as it is. I don't want to risk the race fee and then the repair bill should the worst happen for the sake of a £150 -£200 gearbox check.

Got some synchro issues (only now I know these won't lead to terminal failure!) never really experienced crunching gears, in my 1960 tractor yes, I suspected the worse in the Cup. Also all the gears seem to have moved to the right. 1st is in the same place 2nd is where 4th is, go for 4th and it takes you to almost to 2nd (have to make the selection for 4th) , 4th is under the drivers seat and 5th is near to the steering column. It's not just me as Dan commented on the weird gear locations.

Coupled with my previous gear selection issues i'm not risking it.

Hopefully the gearbox will be out Mon\Tue down to Agency on Wed morn and back in the same day.

Only problem is, the Donington race is now at capacity - 36 runners so unlikely to get back on the grid.