ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Just spoke to Martin (Agency), he's not sure he'll be able to turn the gearbox around this week if I wait, got to ring when it's out and he'll let me know.

He also said the weird gear locations are down to an adjustment bolt\screw being moved, having moved on\in the box. A simple fix but couldn't really get the location out of him of said bolt\screw.

Gearbox has been sorted, both 3rd and 4th gears where fubar'd. The damage to the cogs was impressive - though not really too sure how they could end up like that. Or is it the result of crunching gears - guess may have answered my own question. But still the damage seems severe for the symptoms. New synchros fitted too, along with a check over it all came to the princely sum of £60.

Box is back in and all the gears are where they're supposed to be, just have to raise the crank sensor some more to get it running right and it's all done.

Though in my haste to get the gearbox sorted I forget to get the 5th gear swapped at the same time - job for next time the box is out again.

Donington race this weekend - still on the fence after giving up my place last week. Should've kept it but didn't want to risk not getting the box sorted in time. Will see if any places become free today, if not doubt I'll come along. I know the last 6pm race of the day is a given, just not wanting to hang around all day just for that.

Glad it's all sorted pete. Bargain price too. The gears themselves never disengage. It is the synchros that do that. For damaged gears I expect something must have got in there.

What do you pay if you only get one race?

Runs lumpy\missing at low revs, either pull away or change down, drop to 2nd and it fails to accelerate cleanly - left standing basically. It was either the fly wheel or crank sensor (post engine\loom\ecu build) from earlier this year. It was easier to move the crank sensor first, Dan just slotted the the back hole and it pivots on the front hole. It's a new Renault blue one and picks up too much from the fly wheel moving the sensor away cleans up the signal\resolves all the symptoms. Just didn't take note of the position first before it was taken off, not too sure what has to be done to the flywheel to sort that way, not overly worried as moving the sensor works.

Glad it's all sorted pete. Bargain price too. The gears themselves never disengage. It is the synchros that do that. For damaged gears I expect something must have got in there.

What do you pay if you only get one race?

I don't actually know but if only the last (or one) race completed I hope only a 3rd of the entry fee would be charged, two or more the whole fee would be charged as this would be a normal race day. But confirmed just now I'm not going - pity.

But I suspect the gearbox wouldn't have lasted the whole three races (going on the state of the internals when stripped) and cost a lot more than the £60 repair, £30 new oil and £30 fuel to get it to Agency and back again so with that in mind I made the right choice in being cautious, though had I known how quick I managed to actually get it sorted I would've left myself entered for the race.

Though the £330 saved is half the cost of some rather nice trumpets I've seen........now a graph that shows 235, hmmmmm

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Silly not to go bodies with the cams and compression already there TBH, the gains from swapping off the standard manifold in your car will be huge.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Realised this when it was being built, but just 6 -700 too much at the same time as the build (as it was an unplanned\mid season build back then post engine demise).

Makes sense the way you did it from a budget point of view, as you replaced the bits you had to with the spec you wanted them to end up rather than a halfway house that costs more when you replace them again, then when funds are available for the inlet you can capitalise on what you have.

We grow the biggest apples, Fen soil the worlds best, reclaimed from the sea C1700's.

Scarlett_apple_zps62c59c12.jpg

clio cup
If I don't hurry up and get one of these engines I may drop into the production class by default, lol

Seriously though, if funds allow then a forged f4r on bodies will be done over winter, Suspension upgrade first.

Can't wait to see what yours goes like though Pete.

Managed to get a last minute entry in the Silverstone WHT all comers closed wheel race on the 4th November (next Sunday)- I now know why the organiser wouldn't tell me what cars had already entered, but going on the theme of the weekend not surprising really.

WP_20131026_002_zpsec77b751.jpg

Now, if I get beaten by the Auto union I won't be happy - if Google images has brought up the right pictures.

Sweep stake on where I'll come! Might be fitting the ITBs this week, lol.

WRX
Oh dear Pete, let's hope the Minis and Dolly sprint aren't too modified.

Ah Mallocks..........happy memories of the original Gitspeed:
Scan0005_zps2c9927a0.jpg

clio cup
If I wasnt working Pete I'd come and watch,

Looks an interesting, if not wierd line up! Closed wheel being used very loosely there, lol

Oh dear Pete, let's hope the Minis and Dolly sprint aren't too modified.

Ah Mallocks..........happy memories of the original Gitspeed:

That's closed wheel?

If I wasnt working Pete I'd come and watch,

Looks an interesting, if not wierd line up! Closed wheel being used very loosely there, lol

hmm my thoughts too, maybe he thought I wouldn't enter if I knew the line up, lol.

All the best Pete, im sure you will have a good one

Thanks Sonny looking forward to it, not driven Sliverstone before, sat at Brooklands many a time thinking - too fast, to late, lol, my turn now.

All's not lost, Andy Joss is now trying to get on too, so hopefully I won't be on my own.

I suspect most of them will be on slicks and\or race wets so not a chance really. Another signature anyway.

clio cup
How many autographs do you need now Pete?

The good thing with TARC is two signitures a meeting if you finish both, I only need two now.

How many autographs do you need now Pete?

The good thing with TARC is two signitures a meeting if you finish both, I only need two now.

Only get one sig as a 2 driver team - Sam's all done I'm still short by one.

No but they're covered lol.
Not sure which Mk it was, was one of my old man's hillclimb cars, BDA'd iirc.

How good will these be on a circuit?

I have driven Silverstone on the new circuit and its very hard on the car

Doing the National track so hopefully not as bad, it looks as fast as Thruxton, thinking every where is 3rd maybe 4th for Copse with a slight dab to bring a bit of weight forward I'm thinking, 80-85 mph corner? Maggots 3rd for Becketts\exit for the run down Brooklands. Brooklands 3rd - Not sure if I'll need a short shift to 2nd for Luffield - hope not. And late apex through Woodcote under full power. I'll watch Tony's video later to see how it pans out.

4th is a Monday?

It's the 3rd - typo.

10th

Just put it down to experience Pete, a race is a race mate.

Yes, 10th - something to go for!!

Pete I'd expect you to be up there just behind the radicals.....

I'll be behind them for sure, Radical Prosport video I watched yesterday was lapping Cadwell at 1.33, Tony was 1.47. The SR3 was lapping cadwell at 1.22.

Thats pretty impressive Pete, i expect yours to have a Clio racer carved into it ;)

An Idea for next year!