ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took brakes apart to clean and this happened...

330ci sport
My front drivers side brakes have been binding slightly for the last few weeks, and had gone noticibly worse today. I decided to take them apart to give them a good clean.

To my surprise on removing the caliper the 'inside' pad material fell away from the metal backing (OE renault pads, see below). I hate it when these things happen!!!

img4363xx.jpg

img4364w.jpg

I now need some new pads & discs it appears pronto (the disc has worn very unevenly on the inside). In light of low funds i'm looking at purchasing Pagid discs & pads from Euro car Parts, discs are £21 each, pads are £20 for the set, these obviously arn't the super duper Pagids that everyone raves about on here but will hopefully get me by for the time being, and will hopefully be more relible than the OE parts!!

Can anyone give any feedback on these ECP specials???

Thanks

Matt

M

mini-valver

Pagid pads are very very good. Yes, they aren't a fast road compound but will be more than adequate. They are made to OE spec so they should be as good or better than the Renault ones.

421 Cammed 172
They look well and truely fooked anyway mate!

Atleast it fell out in your hands as opposed to on the motorway slowing down for rush hour queues!

330ci sport
They look well and truely fooked anyway mate!

Atleast it fell out in your hands as opposed to on the motorway slowing down for rush hour queues!

^^My thoughts exactly!!!

Can't grumble to be fair, 36k miles/4yrs on the OE pads ain't bad!!!! What's mad is there's a fair bit of meat on the pads that haven't self destructed. Not braking FTW.

Skoda Fabia vRS
your from northwich mate, you not taking up NW Performance on there offer, £150 gets you genuine discs and pads, fitted !

330ci sport
'Tis a good offer, especially for the rears, however, rears seem ok and I can get the Pagid parts from ECP for £60 and fit myself. After Cam/Aux last month funds are tight!!

Same started to happen with mine last month but didn't actually come off, they were ferodo pads though not renault.