ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

took every 1's brake advice and..

Valver..
decided to go with wat Rich16v said, so i popped down to GSF and got me self some brembo Max disc's which im pickin up tomorrow and some Mintex brake pads he didnt go much on the number you gave me rich, but he had some in stock and rated these.. are these the ones u were on about, he said they sell like rock cakes and rated them highly...so all together i paye £103 with CS discount instead of forking out £300 for KTR's big break kit! also dose any1 have a guide on how to change disc's and pads on a Valver, i no how to do it, its just incase i get stuck...

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

Clio Dynamique 1.5 DCi
Re: took every 1's break advice and..

U won't be disappointed with the mintex extreme pads mate, i had some on my old ibiza and they were great :D

Valver..

U won't be disappointed with the mintex extreme pads mate, i had some on my old ibiza and they were great :D

:D yay...loool... cheers man! ive just gotta get everything sorted now.. fluid, braided lines and tools which i have...

sure i read it on here. . . . might well be wrong, might be some other brakes . . . .

jamie

BMW M135i

I fitted the exact same stuff to mine last week, brembo max discs and the mintex extreme pads. Haven't really had a chance to test them yet but they seem good so far, and no squeeling to report.

The 16v Mk2s use the same front brake setup as the 16v/Williams so i'd say that if mine don't squeel then yours shouldn't, squeeling down to the installation anyway apparently.

Clio Dynamique 1.5 DCi

arent these meant to screech really badly?

jamie

I never had this with mine and i had them on the car for around 6 months in all conditions running with EBC Disc's, really good quality pads and good stopping to.

Fiesta ST

Yup I have brembo max discs and extreme pads. The pads do squeal. Not so bad now, but sometimes when braking slightly they do it v.noticeably.

Fiesta ST

brake pads will squeal if you dont use copper slip

Yes, and they also squeal depending on the various compounds being used. The Mintex pads use a metal compound which many users will agree make them squeal. I'm not knocking them, I have them on both my Clio's, just a shame about the noise. May try Pagid pads after.

See My Clio? Tell Me

ive got them pads on my 1.4 ya can really tell the difference so did my dad first time he drove it lol got to end of street was like he did a emergancy stop, lol. Low dust and mine dont squeek a bit, wish id put uprated discs on tho but hey cant have it all

320d

Thought it would be about £100 all in

Gsf do part ex calipers so you can buy some new from them plus CS discount and they'll give you about £20 for your old ones which is decent value. That way you can paint up the fresh calipers rather than mess about trying to degrease your old ones... always worth considering while your changing the discs and pads

brake pads will squeal if you dont use copper slip

Yes, and they also squeal depending on the various compounds being used. The Mintex pads use a metal compound which many users will agree make them squeal. I'm not knocking them, I have them on both my Clio's, just a shame about the noise. May try Pagid pads after.
I wouldn't get Pagid Blue if you don't want squealing! lol

Valver..

Thought it would be about £100 all in

Gsf do part ex calipers so you can buy some new from them plus CS discount and they'll give you about £20 for your old ones which is decent value. That way you can paint up the fresh calipers rather than mess about trying to degrease your old ones... always worth considering while your changing the discs and pads

Cheers rich fort about new calipers but im runnin turbines so you cant really see the calipers... Picked the discs up just waitin on the braied lines and break fluid... then its all set! sqweekin aint really goin to bother me tbh.

i have Just had goodrige hoses, Brembo Max disc's and Mintex Extreme pads fitted too, only done about 150miles so far there not too nosiey