ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toying with the idea of turbo'ing the 182

Clio 182 Full fat
i was reading the K-Tec site and noticed that with the stage 2 kit you can get 300 bhp and 0-60 down to the 4 sec region which i think is very impressive, just curious as to who else does turbo conversions and what the bhp and figures move too?

and what they drive like once they got a turbo?

toying with the idea, if i decide to go for it will be earlier next year jan time

BB do a kit.

If you pay £8k or so places will do a VAG 1.8 T transplant whihc is 280hp out of the box then tunning ontop of that 350hp is easy from the VAg engine.
4 second to 60 is quick you'd need a fair few bits to do that IMO.

Velocity182 said:
whats there kit produce ? they got a website?
Best do a google search for there website.
Give them a ring for HP they would make one do whatver you want with the right money.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Also whats the point in spending all that money.
You need a turbo and 4wd.
Without a turbo and still owning a clio you will give your money away to these silly little companies who will take 2k off you and give you 12bhp
total rip off

ian

U'll end up with all kinds of problems in the long run with 300bhp.....

Take an 8k car + 6k turbo conversion + Allow 2k for insurance = 15k

And you'd still have probs selling it. Hmmm just think what you could buy for that money!

172 Cup
Buy an Evo ffs. This thread should have been titled: "Toying with the idea of wasting a hell of a lot of money on the 182."

haha funny :) but ive got £20 to spend on a car and id never get a porche, or a bmw, or merc, i just dont like that prescence on the road,clios are sweet little cars and dont make you look like a t**t!

if you want speed id say get a scooby, just go japanese.

btw what im going to do with my £20k is geta 197cupack. screw a 2nd hand M3 i want my dignity.

Clio 182 Full fat
wow calm down ladys i said "toying" not im going too, i want a faster car but insurance is the issue getting one isnt.

i just dont know what i want need a point in the right direction not new but a cossworth, evo or scoob would be nice but dont know what ones to go for advice peeps?!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
2nd hand m3 or a clio.mmmmmmmmmm

343bhp or 197bhp.mmmmmmmmmm

155mph or 130mph.mmmmmmmmmm

0-100 in 18 secs or 12 secs.mmmmmmmm

Plus the fact the M3 has lost most of its money and you get a bargain 911 chaser as opposed to a mildly warm hatch that will loose 50% of its value in less than 3 years

ian

Velocity182 said:
wow calm down ladys i said "toying" not im going too, i want a faster car but insurance is the issue getting one isnt.

i just dont know what i want need a point in the right direction not new but a cossworth, evo or scoob would be nice but dont know what ones to go for advice peeps?!
Evo as Cosworth can be like running a fire with £50 notes. Scoobies are the second highest warently costs cars the Evos are quite adverage.
Your bound to find good and bad ones though.
For the money I'd say if ou want a fast machine get a motorbike £4k will buy you a Blackbird or a some other superbike which would do close on 200 and cross the 1/4 mile faster than any Clio will do (sub 10 seconds at 140mph+) to give you an idea a fast lightly tunned Cup wil do 14 seconds quarters and 98mph or so from memory.

172 Cup
If you wanna turbo your clio and you can affrod it... then do it. It's your car and your wallet. Just imigine the faces on skyline gt-r owners when your glued to their arse upto 150.

edde said:
Evo as Cosworth can be like running a fire with £50 notes. Scoobies are the second highest warently costs cars the Evos are quite adverage.
Your bound to find good and bad ones though.
For the money I'd say if ou want a fast machine get a motorbike £4k will buy you a Blackbird or a some other superbike which would do close on 200 and cross the 1/4 mile faster than any Clio will do (sub 10 seconds at 140mph+) to give you an idea a fast lightly tunned Cup wil do 14 seconds quarters and 98mph or so from memory.

just buy a bike, silly speeds, can do 65mph in 1st gear:evil:

Lionel Richie
ian 182 said:
Its better than looking like the hairdressers assistant in a clio though

ian

hey i openly admit i'm a mincer on the weekends!!

look, proof!
LMAO.jpg

;)

RenaultSport clio 182
I get the impression he's not after a bike, they are hardly practical, 2 up dressed in exoskeleton clothing with no bootspace? Cornering and braking of a minibus? Not for most...

I agree with the buy the 300bhp straight out suggestion, there are numerous Cosworth, Skylines and Evo's pumping out close (though don't believe the Scooby boys claims).

On the other hand, why hasn't anyone thought of a TVR? Outstrip most superbikes and other supercars in a straight line, superb cornering, sound and looks? Winner!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TVR-500-Griffith-well-looked-after-great-condition_W0QQitemZ150036032420QQihZ005QQcategoryZ108780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TVR-CHIMAERA-4-0-Metallic-Blue-PAS-Full-History_W0QQitemZ230029915719QQihZ013QQcategoryZ108780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hoggaz said:
If you wanna turbo your clio and you can affrod it... then do it. It's your car and your wallet. Just imigine the faces on skyline gt-r owners when your glued to their arse upto 150.

or not ..... LOL

Monaro VXR
R.A said:
haha funny :) but ive got £20 to spend on a car and id never get a porche, or a bmw, or merc, i just dont like that prescence on the road,clios are sweet little cars and dont make you look like a tw*t!

if you want speed id say get a scooby, just go japanese.

btw what im going to do with my £20k is geta 197cupack. screw a 2nd hand M3 i want my dignity.

That could also get you a Corvette C5 Z06. 400bhp, good handling, sub 4 seconds to 60. I know which id rather have.