ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyota Supra Big Twin Turbo Build 1000ish BHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Man this is so f**king mint.

Those underside pics really show the level of commitment to it, it looks awesome.

Now I am one for saying "meh just use it", but in that condition I'd not want to hah!
Thanks mate, yeah it is very clean underneath, basically a new car with with the parts and powdercoated bits!

Incredible work! Still amazes me that polished finish on the turbos. Engine bay looks brilliant
Cheers mate, yeah they are very shiny!

Another thought, if this is finished next year, CS Saturday @Scattle? - I'm sure loads of us would love to see this in person!
Should be finishied by next year mate, although a project like this is never finished as my Dad would say, I'll see what he says about CSS :D
Awesome!!

That is all.
Thanks
Ruthless.
CHeers

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Few more bits done to the car recently, getting there slowly.

Power Steering reservoir has been relocated to the suspension turret and painted gloss black, along with the lines running to the pump and also power steering cooler that has been installed to keep fluid temps down;

fa8d4b28cfaeb0ccc26e4eb6cd6564ab.jpg

1a25d0b759d48c4697051521ee510c7e.jpg

Also the intercooler pipe work has been mocked and test fitted;
Polished inlet pipe to throttle body;

fb150086279cd2c7196f67407bc63ad8.jpg

185cbd86780ebf287433e8967f8fd271.jpg

1c120926f30901580db633baac61c403.jpg

Oil cooler has also been fitted in the passenger side of the bumper under the headlight, was a pain in the ass, as not much room due to the intercooler pipe running underneath;

b3b73afad32452b64858751172d3af50.jpg

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Photo of the engine bay as it is;
1227ecc4060879fa6554f2f11e173cc3.jpg

Photo of the 4inch boost logic exhaust that I've polished up, almost ready to go on.

8b4ebe1489487a000ea1540990192803.jpg

Thanks Steve

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Everyone can have their own opinion which is fair enough.
It's a standard Supra just in Orange no aftermarket body kits etc.
Jamie's Supra was nice but at the end of the day it was just standard Black, which my Dad didn't want.

I personally hate black, you lose all the the detail on the shape, and the engine bay would look crap unless you painted it a different colour to show off the engine anyway (and then it'd just look odd)

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
I personally hate black, you lose all the the detail on the shape, and the engine bay would look crap unless you painted it a different colour to show off the engine anyway (and then it'd just look odd)
That's exactly why the bay isn't gloss black, with the smoothing and relocating of engine bay parts if it was black you wouldn't see as much it really hides.

Anyway it's not the finished article yet, new wheels still yet to go on along with a few other exterior parts.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Few photos of the car at the moment,
Bumper has been taken off and bonnet put on so that it can be taken for the exhaust to get done this coming Monday.
Everything engine wise is done, all plumbed in, just needs oil, coolant and power steering fluid and a base map after the exhaust has been done then it can be started.

84e8f375653a9a0a4c6c88ac1a3fb357.jpg

6a37f23e7d139b34de18f3a32bb52c12.jpg

0c0fb51e6a6e9d5311e08d1090b2539c.jpg

82528c40fb1498c43eada855fcb5c7cb.jpg

Cheers

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Yes Steve! Been great reading this, is your dad happy with it?
Thanks Mark! Yeah he is very happy with it, started back in november 2012 so been a long time coming. Apart from the paint job and engine machining he's done everything so very pleased. He's one of these people who likes to do as much himself so he knows its done correctly and not bodged.

Hopefully he will come to a CS meet, i'll have to persuade him!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Thanks Mark! Yeah he is very happy with it, started back in november 2012 so been a long time coming. Apart from the paint job and engine machining he's done everything so very pleased. He's one of these people who likes to do as much himself so he knows its done correctly and not bodged.

Hopefully he will come to a CS meet, i'll have to persuade him!

How have I never noticed you're so bloody local!? Me and my girlfriend have just bought a place in Benfleet.
Arundel Road - do you know it?

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
How have I never noticed you're so bloody local!? Me and my girlfriend have just bought a place in Benfleet.
Arundel Road - do you know it?
Haha!
Ah brilliant, yeah arundel road is only 5 mins from me, i have a mate who lives in arundel road and has a white r26 as a matter of fact, nice area .

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Cars now waiting to be transported the exhaust place to be done, the transporting company were suppose to be here at 9am but have forgotton it was booked in, so were waiting like plebs now till they have someone free and its pissing down.

However me and dad managed to push the car out the garage right up the end of the drive for the first time in over a year.

44bbe556ce1bf5ae5bc41e5fd342aa30.jpg

038de009fe3e51a2c4de5c2b13e1a398.jpg

fd0e8cd6851c31d1890e363db79f0cf8.jpg

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Update

Dad and I have collected the car and got it transported home from Haywood and Scott Exhausts earlier today and now tucked up in the garage.

We had made for the car a new 4inch Y piece downpipe from the turbos along with a 4inch decat pipe from the Y piece which mated up to the Boostlogic Exhaust we already had and they fitted it all for us.

The work looks really good and they have done a very good job with it and the space they had to work within.

The plan now the car is back, is to fill up the engine with all fluids - coolant, oil and power steering fluid along with fit some final small parts such as vacuum hoses etc.

We have connected the battery back up and everything electrical seems to work since the fuse box has been extended and relocated but need to check everything over to make sure.

Once all the above is done, Dad will contact Ryan from Syvecs who will be mapping the car to put a base map on the car, this is so it can be run in for 1000 miles off boost, this will be done remotely via Laptop as Ryan now works in Dubai mapping shieks/princes cars!

Once the cars been run in for 1000 miles, my dad will order and fit the SRD uprated Autobox, the current box in the car is the stock autobox which can only handle 600/600 bhp/ftlb.
So the uprated autobox will be fitted after the cars run in meaning the car can be mapped again to get full power.

Here's a few photos of picking the car up today:

c5caf128931fff603140890992b83e1e.jpg

a51d94ccd5bcaf98fb15ea5b7036fac2.jpg

dd2f6d9e94ca02bf39a14f9f73c0034d.jpg

680dfb9e06a430860606417a4f6079a7.jpg

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
@Phase1sr how does your exhaust compare? :D

Love it btw, are you getting different wheels?
From what we could see theyve done a fantastic job and the welds look really nice, will get it jacked up in coming days and get under to have a further gander.

Yes wheels will be changed soonish, going to get it run in, then order 18" CCW's black centres with polished lips, going for 315 wide rear tyres probably R888.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
It's a much darker orange in daylight than it is in the garage, or is that just white balance issues from using a camera phone?
Your right, it is a much darker orange in real life/daylight. My dads garage has very bright fluroescent lights which make it look very light orange, however it is quite abit darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.