ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well now that I have figured out how to upload the in car videos I've put one up below of the 30.08.2015 sessions day at Knockhill. We entered two groups that day (2 & 5) and had I not left the camera on and flattened the battery, then there might have been more to show! It was the first outing of the Trophy after the suspensions and engine mods were done and we had switched to the R888's, in lieu of the A048's we have ran for the last year and a half, so it was a big learning curve that day, but the car was flying.........

Our goal in group 2 to was to try and lap every other car, it was a session full of Clio's and similar powered cars so it was a good challenge, couple of slower warm up laps and then push on,and had the blue and orange Clio (that you will see half way through through the video) actually pulled over and let us through, instead of trying to shove us into the wall and off the track we might have just achieved it!! Bit of poor etiquette, so we returned the favour by taking him on the right side coming out of the chicane!!

Brilliant day and hope it continues to keep going well, that's if i stop denting it of course!! Oh and excuse the shouting you hear half way through, we were focused on achieving our target LOL and this guy had been doing this to everyone on track all day including shoving us onto the grass between the chicane & Clarke in an earlier session!! 🙈

As a note the rubbing you hear was because this was te outing with my fat ass and that of my 17 stone mate in the car too................ :eek:penmouth:

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Been tempted to try sessions days but after seeing that I'm not sure! I was getting annoyed just watching that video [emoji23][emoji23]

Think I'll be booking on to the open pit at the end of the month though so will probably see you there!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Been tempted to try sessions days but after seeing that I'm not sure! I was getting annoyed just watching that video [emoji23][emoji23]

Think I'll be booking on to the open pit at the end of the month though so will probably see you there!
Session days are actually ok mate and do give slightly better value for money, but they do come with their risks................. I booked up for the open day on the 25th this morning, but the car is booked into the body shop on Monday the 19th, so fingers crossed i get it back on the 23rd........ i need to get the brakes looked at before then as well (front & rear) 😞

hope to see you up there !

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate, i know, tom had text me a little while ago, he has the calieprs and pins, he mentioned @Phase1sr had the bells, so a set of brackets and i'm there.................... stop it all of you this is becoming a little too tempting !!!!
I would go for the brembos and run Ferodo DSUNO pads. They'll offer you braking as good as RC6 pads with standard callipers but with more modulation and longer disc and pad life.

Plus you'll save nearly 10kg over the standard discs and callipers.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
And now the clip of the spin........ Watching it back sense should have kicked in!! it was the of the end of the night, the tyres had gone off and the tell tale signs were all there in the laps leading up to the off, the car was getting pushed a little too far and we were drifting wider and wider as the laps went on!! note to me for future outings, when i see this happening shut down and go to the pits!! As when your ambition out weighs your talent it costs you cash lol 🙈😢🙈

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=XgffP6GpsGI

Live and learn!

And now the clip of the spin........ Watching it back sense should have kicked in!! it was the of the end of the night, the tyres had gone off and the tell tale signs were all there in the laps leading up to the off, the car was getting pushed a little too far and we were drifting wider and wider as the laps went on!! note to me for future outings, when i see this happening shut down and go to the pits!! As when your ambition out weighs your talent it costs you cash lol 🙈😢🙈

Live and learn!

For some reason this link doesn't work for me. Is it correct?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I'll update it mate, someone else as said the same..... It must be something I've done

Live and learn!

any better?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Cut the bumper mount brackets off mate. That's what's causing the noise under heavy load, or raise it slightly (10mm).

What rate springs are up front?
I had that factored in for the winter mate. I have two aero catches to fit and then the grinder is out :).

Its 90 up front 110 rear. Seems to handle well with them......

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I had that factored in for the winter mate. I have two aero catches to fit and then the grinder is out :).

Its 90 up front 110 rear. Seems to handle well with them......
Best way! Weight saving as well! Ha ha!

Yeah I need to go up to 90's on the front of mine, but I'll be dropping the rears to 80's I think. Possibly, not fully decided yet!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Best way! Weight saving as well! Ha ha!

Yeah I need to go up to 90's on the front of mine, but I'll be dropping the rears to 80's I think. Possibly, not fully decided yet!
I quite like the rears at 110, stops the front lifting as much (maybe just in my head of course), but I do like the rear hard and sliding........... let me know how you get on when you drop them, just curious to gauge your opinion...... generally I run full hard on the AST's (rear), rock springs and hard setting on the ARB. I know yeoman doesn't rate the ARB and never has one fitted, but again changed his Bilstein's for AST rears and runs them hard too..... I suppose opinions vary :up:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I quite like the rears at 110, stops the front lifting as much (maybe just in my head of course), but I do like the rear hard and sliding........... let me know how you get on when you drop them, just curious to gauge your opinion...... generally I run full hard on the AST's (rear), rock springs and hard setting on the ARB. I know yeoman doesn't rate the ARB and never has one fitted, but again changed his Bilstein's for AST rears and runs them hard too..... I suppose opinions vary :up:
Tbh mate I like to set my car up not to slide around from the suspension stiffness as mines still road going. The 475's on the back atm aren't anywhere near horrendous on the road either, but having some compliance is better than none from experience. If I do swap them out though I'll definitely let you know my feedback.

Yeah, not one of the more impressive sessions....... from the go you can see how far the tyres are gone over the first video!! expensive learning curve lol!! driving like a t**t also didn't help.... :weary:
It was what appeared to be a relatively slow speed spin judging your pace in the other videos! I certainly wasn't expecting it to go round as I'd anticipated you'd catch it. Then it went round! Lol!
Videos are always difficult to judge speed from though.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It was what appeared to be a relatively slow speed spin judging your pace in the other videos! I certainly wasn't expecting it to go round as I'd anticipated you'd catch it. Then it went round! Lol!
Videos are always difficult to judge speed from though.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that quick that's what was so annoying, as you say in the other vid we were on it and passing pretty much everything! made worse when you see you see the damage (saying that a stone chip is a catastrophe to me :confused:) - hard to believe a road cone could case so much damage!!, I think the fact the tyres were like goo, the gravel must have stuck in them making it slide more, as catching it usually wouldn't be a problem, but when it came back the passengers side tyres wouldn't grip and round it went..........

Plus side is I get my pink door handle painted when it gets blended through the door!! 🙈:car::poo:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It wasn't that quick that's what was so annoying, as you say in the other vid we were on it and passing pretty much everything! made worse when you see you see the damage (saying that a stone chip is a catastrophe to me :confused:) - hard to believe a road cone could case so much damage!!, I think the fact the tyres were like goo, the gravel must have stuck in them making it slide more, as catching it usually wouldn't be a problem, but when it came back the passengers side tyres wouldn't grip and round it went..........

Plus side is I get my pink door handle painted when it gets blended through the door!! 🙈:car::poo:
Yeah the pendulum effect took over by the looks of it!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Yeah the pendulum effect took over by the looks of it!

Most likely...... scratched up as a track expense, not too bad for approx. 1000 laps of fun lol.

Must try and get down south and try out some new track fun next year, and get a look a that engine of yours in the flesh!!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Most likely...... scratched up as a track expense, not too bad for approx. 1000 laps of fun lol.

Must try and get down south and try out some new track fun next year, and get a look a that engine of yours in the flesh!!!
Lol! It'll be going to Germany next year for a time attack. Nothing else planned as its not as important! Ha ha!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
This weekends update :)....

So after much deliberation, I opted to stay with standard brakes, not saying that the big brake upgrade won't happen, as I love the look of it, but the practical head says that the standard calipers lock the brakes at any given opportunity so for track, not really needed!

Anyway, the pictures below sat it all, but a complete front and rear replacement today, new front calipers (thanks Andy;)), a refurb of my sliders to match, new brembo HC discs and an upgrade to Carbon Lorraine RC8 pads so the front taken care of. The rear was a complete replacement with OE parts and a caliper and slider refurb to match the front.....

Since the car is SORN it will be a fun first few laps to bed them in lol

WP_20151004_001.jpg
WP_20151010_003.jpg
WP_20151010_006.jpg
WP_20151010_008.jpg
WP_20151010_025.jpg
WP_20151010_030.jpg
WP_20151010_012.jpg

After looking at the state of the old ones, it probably should have been done a little while ago! Anyway looking forward to the 25th now, with the exception of the first few laps....... Hope to see a few of you up there :D

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Oh and just to piss me off on the big brake front, lol, my mate texts me these!!!

IMG-20151010-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20151010-WA0001.jpg

I suppose he does need the to stop his mk6 gold gti, as its just been upgraded to 390 bhp and 380+ ftlb of torque....

Big brakes do look good!! :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well I've seen the videos of you and @Fraser.J. so I reckon that it could lead to some 12 bore action between the 2 of you! Lol!
Keep em coming! Makes for good watching!
Lol yep the race to be the quickest..... ;)

I'll have to improve my game actually, he's going all fibreglass now and light means quick :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Good update, Craig - and the calipers look good! As said before, it's far too nice to be a track car... but as long as you enjoy it (as you do) then it doesn't really matter! :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Good update, Craig - and the calipers look good! As said before, it's far too nice to be a track car... but as long as you enjoy it (as you do) then it doesn't really matter! :)
Yeah its good to push the car and have it free wheel again Andy ;)

I sometimes think that after I detail it then take it to the track to rag it round there, but as you say that's what it was built for.... Keep saying it though, best fun I've had in a car :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well the Trophy finally made into the body shop today.... I nipped in after lunch to have a look at progress. I never managed to get a photo of the bottom cill lip before they trial fitted the skirt, but it is back to a 100 % perfect including the jacking point at the front. Anyway side skirt on to give them the correct line to push the quarter back out to, so all going well the next photos I show will have it finished and ready for track on Sunday. Lol probably should have waited until after Sunday to do this but can't have it going out with a dent!!

WP_20151019_021.jpg
WP_20151019_022.jpg

Must admit, cant wait until its finished, new trophy stickers are Ly Ng waiting to go on as well..... Door is stripped too, as it will be blended through the door to get the finish right, even though its track only it can't just get the quarter done, I hate seeing paint colour differences!!

More to come ;)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Great update! Reminds me of mine when I bought it! The previous owner decided that functioning rear shock absorbers weren't needed. Then proceeded to bin it in a ditch! Legend.
End result was a new front bumper, front wing, passenger door and the rear quarter pulled out. This picture makes it look substantially worse than it actually was. It's a very light skim.
image.jpeg
Silver turinis as well! Lol

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Great update! Reminds me of mine when I bought it! The previous owner decided that functioning rear shock absorbers weren't needed. Then proceeded to bin it in a ditch! Legend.
End result was a new front bumper, front wing, passenger door and the rear quarter pulled out. This picture makes it look substantially worse than it actually was. It's a very light skim. View attachment 138805Silver turinis as well! Lol

Lol yeah, its like the Trophy to be fair, the pictures make it look a lot worse than it does in the flesh, must be the reflections..... ! That's both quarters done on it now, didn't want the other one feeling special ;)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Flol - both rear quarters!! I thought you'd only
Done 1!

No no, I only did this one. When I bought the car, it had had the other one repaired. But my OCD side said it wasn't a good enough finish, so I got it re done..... Hate crap paint work!!