ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy #185's story

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
I think I may take a leaf out of your book and try the same once the T is home... :) I'm good thanks, Keith. Busy as ever but no complaints. As for the car, well, same old story. Still no sign of it and I don't really know what to do.

Glad you're well. My hair will be same colour as yours when one day your and my Trophy are side by side but be worth it xD

Excellent thread! Enjoyed reading it over the last few days; very well written with really helpful descriptions and pictures (y)

What difference did you feel from the hubs?

Are those SSG dampers standard Trophy length? Mine are holding once fully extended, but have to push the boot up the final 10cm or so (then squat to use the boot due to the comedy low entry angle!)

I think you fitted the mk1 stalk for the horn when fitting the steering wheel? Did this require some wire fettling? Did you consider using one of the coloured buttons or do you use those for other functions / not used?

What paint and lacquer did you use for the door handles? Guessing VHT!

Where do you find out about the RS days?

Did you stick with -1.5 camber and 0 toe?

Cheers,

Lee

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent thread! Enjoyed reading it over the last few days; very well written with really helpful descriptions and pictures (y)

What difference did you feel from the hubs?

Are those SSG dampers standard Trophy length? Mine are holding once fully extended, but have to push the boot up the final 10cm or so (then squat to use the boot due to the comedy low entry angle!)

I think you fitted the mk1 stalk for the horn when fitting the steering wheel? Did this require some wire fettling? Did you consider using one of the coloured buttons or do you use those for other functions / not used?

What paint and lacquer did you use for the door handles? Guessing VHT!

Where do you find out about the RS days?

Did you stick with -1.5 camber and 0 toe?

Cheers,

Lee

Hi Lee, thank you :)

With the hubs the turn in was improved and front end feels tighter and more responsive. Great product.

Yeah the boot dampers have been perfect since fitted, even i winter they've held up like new. Again spot on product.

The ph1 stalk went straight on, no wiring changes. Although my first one I got didn't work but think that was due to it being fauty. At the time I didn't plan on putting the horn on the switch panel as the panel I bought I felt was too small, but since, few people (someone on here does lovely looking ones)that are slightly larger, I probably would have put horn on it now if I had one of those backplates.

Paint for the handles was from an ebay seller I've used load of times (great colour match, called Paints4U) or might have been halfords (weirdly their match was perfect on the trophy, their matching on my megane was horrendous) then used UPOL lacquer.

The RS trackdays? Renault Sport site, but they havent ran any in a couple of years now due to changes.

Yeah still run that on the front end, although will be dialing little bit of toe out probably next time i'm doing/getting allignment done.

Hope that answers all :)