ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophys new stance and some new toys.....

S2 106 GTI
This month I decided to spend some cash on the trophy before I buy a house, and a service is due :)
On the shopping list

-Mark Fish uprated road srings
-Mark Fish Koni adjustables (Revalved units)
-Brembo Max discs
-NGK Spark plugs
-HEL SS Braided Hose Kit
-Mintex M1144 Pads
-Silkolene ProS Race engine oil
-DOT 4 Brake oil
-PTFE inlet gaskets
-Machined Inlet manifold/plenum

RichardsPics010.jpg

DSC01309.gif

The Mark Fish uprated springs are fantastic! they are designed for the Sach's dampers for the trophy. They lower the car 15-20mm but still have excellent performance. They should have fitted these when it came from the factory! The rear konis are 100% better over the standard units and being revalved they are set up correctly. You pay extra for them to be revalved (around £160 each!)
I took a trip to Revolution in Gateshead, newcastle to fit the springs, rear konis and to set up the geometry and -camber. Fantastic service by them, definatly worth the trip! The drive home was fantastic :D felt more planted to the road and corners even better than before, I thought it was great before too!!!

Gave her a quick dusting off after the drive as I had spent most of the weekend before cleaning and waxing, still has a good shine ;)

pics -
RichardsPics017-1.jpg

RichardsPics024.jpg

RichardsPics025.jpg

Springs and konis
RichardsPics026.jpg

Going to Birchdown tomorro for my service and have brakes etc.. fitted. Looking forward to it :)

comments welcome
Cheers Rich

500 Twinair
Am i right in thinking the sachs is just at the front, hence uprating to konis at the back?

Clio 182 Trophy
Am i right in thinking the sachs is just at the front, hence uprating to konis at the back?

Trophy's have Sachs dampers on the rear also but nothing like the remote reservoir ones on the front.
People have been fitting Koni's on the rear because Mark Fish has set up a few trophy's in the past with Shorter Stiffer springs (as above) and revalved rear Koni's (as above) its suppost to be a good road setup for the Trophy.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice.

I would be interested in uprating the rear to the konis not sure on new springs though?

Who on here has them?

Clio 182 Trophy
how do you find the koni's compared to the sachs?

The rear Koni's are not really much different than the Sachs. They have adjustable rebound but I have ended up setting mine up almost the same as how the original Sachs were.
Gib's are revalved to suite the change in spring rate from the Stiffer springs.

The rear Koni's are not really much different than the Sachs. They have adjustable rebound but I have ended up setting mine up almost the same as how the original Sachs were.
Gib's are revalved to suite the change in spring rate from the Stiffer springs.

Cheers dude

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I had these on mine and would say they are very good as the car stays alot flatter although I would say they are more suited to track work.
If you have been to Cadwell I was there at the same time as a standard T and could take Copice flat in 4th where the guy in the standard was having to brake altho this could be down to different driving styles.I was also 1 sec quicker at Harewood hillclimb with these springs which is mainly 2nd 3rd gear stuff.
Personally I would stay standard for the road.

All MHO tho' :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've been told the rears aren't sachs, Renault jobs. Looks good, love a clean trophy.

S2 106 GTI
I haven't really got rid of a 'trophy' set up. More like uprated the standard set up so its alot better! I was toying with the idea of changing springs etc..., but when I first got the car I thought it handled brilliant, then BenG and a few other on the Trophy forum said about changing the rears to konis and getting the front dampers serviced.

As soon as I got them serviced it was like driving a different car! then I got talking to mark fish about uprating parts, rear koni's, springs and camber etc... and for the roads around where I live I am very pleased with the set up now. :)

Cheers for comments guys

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
awesome, good to see someone experimenting with their suspension setups.

There's a few running this setup iirc. Is meant to be very good. If end up in another trophy (likely tbh) I think I'll try the whiteline arb on a standard setup.

Discounted 1*2 parts
On the shopping list

-NGK Spark plugs

we have a lot of renaults come in at work that do not run very well with NGK spark plugs fitted (mainly smaller engines but have seen a few of the F4R's too) . imo the genuine plugs are the best for the job. iirc the genuine plug is made by ngk and the code is PFR6E-10

but other than that car looks great!

Last edited:
  S2 106 GTI
we have a lot of renaults come in at work that do not run very well with NGK spark plugs fitted (mainly smaller engines but have seen a few of the F4R's too) . imo the genuine plugs are the best for the job. iirc the genuine plug is made by ngk and the code is PFR6E-10

but other than that car looks great!

These are the standard plugs for my car. :)