ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tuning 05 clio 1.4 16v extreme (just joined)

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
getting my clio next week after i send my twin 40'd nova to the scrap heap (even tho i love fixing it and putting countless new engines in, i can't be bothered any more)

i was just wondering what the best tuning options for the 1.4 16v were.

best dynoyed exhaust/induction kit/de-cat, super chip/piggyback ecu etc etc

and what sort of gains could be acheived up from the 98bhp standard??

cheers

John

p.s. loving the immigrants thread, makes good reading in the office!!

siple answer is dont bother. if you want a smaller engine to chuck money at at least get the 1.6 16v as this has much better potential IF you are going to chuck lots of money at it.

Lionel Richie
it'll cost you some shillings, but there are cams available listed from schrick, let me know if you want ideas on prices

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
i had a feeling i wud be told not to bother!!! haha

im kinda getting it for free from my mum whos getting a new car from her work.

after owning a nova im just pleased to have a reliable new car, that wont sound like a door is open when you drive on the motorway!!

i can lie to myself and say im gonna keep it standard, but i know i will at least put a nice zorst on it and a filter to let her breath more easily!

are there dyno results for any exhaust for the 1.4 16v? i've been reading the thread on the k&n mk2, but im thinking just use a normal cheap-o induction kit and build a cool air surround/heatshield myself and plumb in the cold air ducting. some good pics on here of peoples diy jobs, sound slike they work well too!