ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tunst's Racing Blue 182 Ownership Diary!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Well I'm back.. had the Megane for a few months and in the end it just wasn't for me.. So began the search for a Racing Blue 182! I originally wanted a Full Fat, but all the mint ones were well out of my Budget, so I settled for A cup in the end and it feels no different to drive than my old 172.. Picked it up on Tuesday not driven it much yet as I haven't had chance...

First Update- Current Milage 67,965

First thing I noticed when Viewing the car the exhaust was on the P*ss... Got the car on the lift to inspect.. Typically the exhaust mounts were shot! So went and got some new ones!

Old:

IMG_0924.jpg

New:

IMG_0925.jpg

Sitting as good as I could get it, I broke one of the mounts on the backbox so its sagging slightly till I get chance to weld it back on..

IMG_0927.jpg

Next up was to check the steering as it had an advisory on the last MOT for Tie Tods.. Turns out the rods are new it was the ends that were shot!

Old vs New:
IMG_0926.jpg

Got them changed over and steering feels much better!

Then I decided to take the new style RS badge off the megane and stick it on this instead..

Before:

IMG_0927.jpg

During:

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

After:

IMG_0934.jpg

New a few Pics of the Whole car :eek:

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

Apologies for how filthy it is.. The weather hasn't been great so not had chance to get near it!

Future plans;

Nothing major planned yet, Added some Osram Diadem indicator bulbs to the rears, need to do the fronts when I buy some more as I dropped one :eek:
Also currently on the look out for a Cup Splitter, either Carbon or standard other than that I'l just enjoy driving it till the bug bites me :rasp:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It looks pretty tidy tbh, needs the exhaust sorted though as one tip is sticking out further too.

How were the any 182's out of budget when coming from a megane? :rasp:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
It looks pretty tidy tbh, needs the exhaust sorted though as one tip is sticking out further too.

How were the any 182's out of budget when coming from a megane? :rasp:

It is tidy tbh, the bonnet has a few chips in it, and the rear bumper has a mark on it but other than that there isnt a dent on it anywhere

The meg needs a bit of work, its only worth circa £3k as it stands...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
2577964864_826e7814a2.jpg

The above is what im aiming for in time, but with some carbon goodies

You change your car more than I change my pants! What's this, 5 in 2 years?

looks good though, I'll have a nosey around it on the 31st :approve:

No :eek: I cant remember haha

Iv put my name down hopefully il make it, i'm ment to be with the Mrs that weekend :clown:

looks good man

Thanks

Best colour, good man.

Correct :cool:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
bring your female. she can keep mine company, they can talk about shopping and paper collages and vaginas

FLOL!

I did ask her but she said no :(

I will turn her into a girl thats into cars!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Now now scott ;)

I got the badge from ebay mate yeah, i paid £35 iirc but that was 2 months ago might have gone up...

New badge looks good, nice job of tidying the back end up :) plain plates would finish it off I reckon.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Update- Current Mileage 68,028

So since the last update, I managed to break the exhaust
:eek: when I was trying to get it to sit right I broke one of the mounts off at the top and I never had chance to sort it at the time, well 2 days later this happened..

Oops :eek:
IMG_0958.jpg

Anyway I managed to get it welded using my great welding skills (Read crappy) It will do for now, I'l try and source a decent second hand system in the near future!..

Inspecting the rest of the exhaust I noticed the clamp connecting the Cat to the rest of the system was about to break so replaced that while I was at it..

Old rotten one
IMG_0959.jpg

Nice shiny new one :approve:
IMG_0961.jpg

Moving on to the interior, I felt it needed some changes... First up I picked up a Ph1 Gear stick from A mate breaking a Ph1, so I set about fitting that today!

IMG_0969.jpg

Got it all fitted, IMO it looks far better and it might just be me but it feel so much better to use than the old one..

I then moved onto these.. Some rather tacky Lockwood item.. They had to go!

Old
IMG_0967.jpg

New! I had these from a 172 I broke for parts glad I didn't throw these out now :approve:
IMG_0968.jpg

Next up was the Parcel shelf, when bought the car it had a stealth shelf fitted minus the speakers, I'm not a fan of 6x9's so I got rid of that for a standard item.. Yes its grey but it was free so It will do for now!
IMG_0964.jpg

Last but not least, I felt the engine bay looked bare with no engine cover, so I threw one on that I was given..
IMG_0966.jpg

Its not perfect, but for now it will do!

Also noticed today that I have a broken spring on the front :dapprove: Its an excuse to upgrade I suppose ;)

Looking at the Pics I may need to go over the interior with a hoover :eek:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv used that before on some mats, might give it a try on the shelf...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Cheers mate, took some doing tbh but got there in the end!

Also FLOL! at your avatar

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I got about a quarter turn on it and it snapped in half :nono:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hopefully mate yeah, if it makes it :eek:

Would be nice to see what kind of power its pulling, seems a bit better than my old 172

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I was looking for a Simota, but I pulled one of the pipes off the air box and thats gave a bit of induction noise, it will do for now :eek:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It looks and sounds amazing to be fair. I might make my own ktec one to see what that's like.

I did that with my standard airbox in too, sounds pretty good.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I'm lost :(

What happened to the Megane?

Loving this though! Needs XENONS!

Its sitting outside gathering dust! I just wasnt getting on with it tbh mate, IMO it just wasnt as fun to drive as the clio, felt a little to grown up :eek:

Maybe one day il have another, maybe a 250 but for now il stick with this little rattle box..

Xenons will be coming at some point, want to get the other bits sorted first, before I start spending big money :rasp:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Its sitting outside gathering dust! I just wasnt getting on with it tbh mate, IMO it just wasnt as fun to drive as the clio, felt a little to grown up :eek:

Maybe one day il have another, maybe a 250 but for now il stick with this little rattle box..

Xenons will be coming at some point, want to get the other bits sorted first, before I start spending big money :rasp:

Noooooooooooooooo!!

I know exactly what you meant though... I still get that feeling when I'm driving it.

I miss my PH1 massively :-(.

Aaaaaaaaaah do it! Xenons are a must on these, considering the conversion is so much easier than on the Megane :eek:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
New rear discs next thanks to someone awesome ;)

I need a ph1 gear knob after having a play with yours.....

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Noooooooooooooooo!!

I know exactly what you meant though... I still get that feeling when I'm driving it.

I miss my PH1 massively :-(.

Aaaaaaaaaah do it! Xenons are a must on these, considering the conversion is so much easier than on the Megane :eek:

haha yeah, you managed to get yours sorted yet?

New rear discs next thanks to someone awesome ;)

I need a ph1 gear knob after having a play with yours.....

Hmm this awesome person puts me through hell with his shed ;)

Next time you can polish it ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I knew you'd both miss the Clio and find the Megane very sensible... I could have saved you a lot of effort Mark. :rasp:

Loving the ph1 gearknob, nice choice.

Now, get modding.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I knew you'd both miss the Clio and find the Megane very sensible... I could have saved you a lot of effort Mark. :rasp:

Loving the ph1 gearknob, nice choice.

Now, get modding.

I know.. First couple months were great I love it but I just slowly fell out of love with it.. Plus 20Mpg at 225bhp doesnt cut it for me tbh...

Major mods probably wont come till next year tbh..

Next month I have my sisters Birthday, Mine and the OH Anniversary, then December hits me with xmas, January is the Other half's bday! Expensive couple months :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
All I hear is "Excuse this, excuse that."

I know he should have got a ph1, but TBH I kind of want a 182 if I get another, but I'd ITB and coilover it so I got my cable throttle and go kart feel back.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
All I hear is "Excuse this, excuse that."

I know he should have got a ph1, but TBH I kind of want a 182 if I get another, but I'd ITB and coilover it so I got my cable throttle and go kart feel back.

Haha money just isnt slowing as easy :(

Id love bodies :eek: but id want to keep Cruise etc..