ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tunst's Racing Blue 182 Ownership Diary!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If I were driving another Clio, cruise wouldn't be my concern.

I'd just want to be enjoying a fun car, so a cable throttle would be a must to me. At the very least, coilovers.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If I were driving another Clio, cruise wouldn't be my concern.

I'd just want to be enjoying a fun car, so a cable throttle would be a must to me. At the very least, coilovers.

I go to newcastle every weekend, so I like to keep a little comfort.. :eek:

Mini Cooper S
I know.. First couple months were great I love it but I just slowly fell out of love with it.. Plus 20Mpg at 225bhp doesnt cut it for me tbh...

Major mods probably wont come till next year tbh..

Next month I have my sisters Birthday, Mine and the OH Anniversary, then December hits me with xmas, January is the Other half's bday! Expensive couple months :(

And font forget my birthday in December too ;-)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
At the very least I'd be fitting some coilovers Mark, it makes them feel "alive" IMO.

I want to keep some comfort.. Never had coilovers on any of my cars so iv no idea what its going to be like..

Getting old early ftl

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I want to keep some comfort.. Never had coilovers on any of my cars so iv no idea what its going to be like..

Getting old early ftl

Depends what coilovers you go for and just how low you actually go. If you go for decent quality coilovers it's not too bad, if you go for the raceland/k-tec ones they are quite crashy.

On the fiesta mine is bone crushing since I wound them virtually all the way down (got 3 threads left on them on the front's and 5 on the rears) so I've got like 4mm left on them. There is no travel in the shocks, it ruins my back, but it's hilariously good fun. If you come to the rolling road day you can take my car out for a blast. You'll see how funny it is to have coilovers regardless of the car. The initial "LOL the car doesn't move" takes a while to get over.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Il probably go for some V-maxx if i do...

Might take you up in that.. Even when im insured to drive any car i still dont feel confident driving other peoples that i dont really know haha.. You may have to take me out depending how i feel :rasp:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Il probably go for some V-maxx if i do...

Might take you up in that.. Even when im insured to drive any car i still dont feel confident driving other peoples that i dont really know haha.. You may have to take me out depending how i feel :rasp:

No worries, I'll more than happily take you out, I'm sure one of the other lads with a clio on coilovers will do too but they probably aren't stupid enough to give someone else the keys :) but the offer is there.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Update- Current Mileage 68,094

Nothing major really.. My brakes were making an annoying squeel at time and I was sure it was coming from the rear!

So I got myself some rear discs with bearings and ABS rings along with pads from Lal B3n for doing him a favour :)

IMG_0975.jpg

Old crappy brakes
IMG_0976.jpg

Old vs new

IMG_0977.jpg

Forgot to get a picture of it all fitted :eek: but as it turn out the fronts are also making the noise, but those have only been on for circa 2k miles so I'l strip them out tomorrow and clean everything up..

Also fitted some Aero blades to replace the crappy cheap blades that were on the car..

Hopefully getting a KTR exhaust of Nashy at the weekend and a temporary thing till I find a decent condition standard system!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
No idea.. They were on the car when I got it, will be changing the suspension in the new year so they will do for now :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
There's a bargain one in the FS section at the moment, needs belts but it's like 2k! Talk about bad timing eh?

Good progress though.

He offered me it before I got this but it was a fair treck.. could end up being a 2 day leg tbh, once you get up that way the roads become dire, stuck behind wagons etc with not many places to overtake so your stuck doing 40 for ages.. Its a bargin for someone close though!

Yes tunst, well done for getting an rb :)

Crack on with more updates!

Updates wont come thick and fast tbh.. Anniversary/Birdays/Xmas... Hopefully big updates will come in the new year

RenaultSport 182FF
Will be keeping my eye on this one ;)
Just created a new thread which is updated more so will have to give it another inspection, will aim to delete the other :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Update- Current Mileage 68,300

Nothing really major again.. Picked up a Streamline Carbon front diamond from a Member on here for a good price, received it today and promptly got it fitted

Before
IMG_0985.jpg

After
IMG_0986.jpg

As I said in my previous update my front brakes were squeeling occasionally, so today I set about stripping them down and giving everything a clean up, noise seems to have stopped for now.. Time will tell!
Whilst I was at it I painted the Callipers as I thought the yellow was really letting the car down so out came the silver Hammerite!

Before
IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

After
IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

They look far better now imo..

Thats it for now :eek:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
rofl, exact same as my update recently, only I went from yellow mess to black hammerite :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I can see where you coming from but I have black superlegs on the car, so keeping it all dark and moody, lol!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Thats a fair point, id love a set of silver superlegs, but they don't come up to often tbh...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Update- Current Mileage 68,322

Got the paper work for my private plate through today :approve:
IMG_0999.jpg

I may consider a smaller plate.. Not sure its worth the hassle it may bring...

Also got my LED Number plate bulb.. Only took 10days... :headno:

IMG_1001.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I know.. There was no big rush but I expected to take a day or 2...