ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultimate’s 172 Show Car Project Thread Hydrodipped and Vinyl Wrapped.

I thought you no longer owned a rag top??? Or have you got something else?

If you're working down the unit at the weekend I can always pop down there mate. I'll get my bits sorted within a week or so.

Got something else ;)

3.5 v6 roadster

Yeah I'll be here all this weekend, plus all day Thursday and Friday getting the show car done and a set of carbon wheels for someone.

Kinds of off topic.... But your aerial, what make/model is it, and does it give decent radio reception? Looks a lot nicer than the standard, and a lot nicer than most stubby aerials I see people have! :)
It's just a beesting one in black. I had one and the radio reception was pretty crap!

Nice demo car. Like really nice... shows off both your talents really well.

I was affraid that too much carbon on this car would look a bit..... well.... g@sh tbh, but im really liking the contrast Tyler. Good job :)

I may be looking for some carbon bullets in the future once ive had a few bits sprayed on the car. Is the price based on exchange or a new set supplied?

I was affraid that too much carbon on this car would look a bit..... well.... g@sh tbh, but im really liking the contrast Tyler. Good job :)

I may be looking for some carbon bullets in the future once ive had a few bits sprayed on the car. Is the price based on exchange or a new set supplied?

Thanks mate, remember this is a show car and not my personal car so obviously going to do as much as possible.

Based on your same set. You send me the part and I use your part and send back :)

We had a little progress today.

Rear bumper time
IMG_20140227_125343.jpg

IMG_20140227_132425.jpg

IMG_20140227_132433.jpg

Also got these to do tomorrow, all primed and sprayed black ready for come carbon loving :)

IMG_20140226_220049.jpg

and the rear bumper insert
IMG_20140226_221720.jpg

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I love this thread! The car is looking great, I really like the colour.

I hope those rear lights will get a quick refurb too, they're looking a little hazy ;)

Thanks mate, remember this is a show car and not my personal car so obviously going to do as much as possible.

Based on your same set. You send me the part and I use your part and send back :)

Yeah thats why im letting you off ;)
Looks very good dude, like i say im actually liking it alot and that wrap looks spot on

Oki doki, i may have to find some new bullets then as one of mine is missing a clip :(

I love this thread! The car is looking great, I really like the colour.

I hope those rear lights will get a quick refurb too, they're looking a little hazy ;)

I'll give them a buff just for you.

What's the turnaround time to do this mate? Would you need it fully degreased/blasted? Or do you do this as part of the job?

All metal parts are acid stripped blasted and powder coated, all included within the price.

All done within a week

Got all these bits done yesterday/today

IMG_20140228_095243.jpg

And I've just finished putting most of the car back together.

both sides done in Carbon
DSC00864.jpg

Bullets are carbon one side and silver carbon the other
DSC00861.jpg

Rear carbon bumper insert is now in
DSC00865.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

Silver carbon wing mirror on the drivers side, normal carbon on the passengers.
DSC00877.jpg

Interior door handles and speak grilles done.
DSC00881.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

and interior dash strips in place
DSC00890.jpg

DSC00883.jpg

And of course silverteks to keep everyone happy
IMG_20140228_163436.jpg

IMG_20140228_163645.jpg

Also got a new front number plate which I accidentally ordered with a border :(
IMG_20140228_164203.jpg

Anyway, this is how she stands currently, took her out for a quick drive hence the rain drops on some of the pictures.
DSC00895.jpg

Note the front is lowered on sport lines but the back is currently standard. need to get round to that at some point lol

Colour is lovely and the 'carbon' compliments it well.

I'm glad you ordered the plate with a border, you can reorder one with the proper font now ;)

Inferno 225 cup
I'm liking this and I really done like carbon that much.

I could be interested in a set of interior grub handles :)

clio 182 ff cup
How much would you charge for refurbishing the wheels? I only recently got mine re-painted and they look crap already due to stone chips etc. I live some distance away but for one days turn around, I would quite happily make the drive.

How much would you charge for refurbishing the wheels? I only recently got mine re-painted and they look crap already due to stone chips etc. I live some distance away but for one days turn around, I would quite happily make the drive.

We charge £230+VAT fully stripped and powdercoated, includes new valve and rebalance. If you were to drive down, we'll make yours a priority to reduce your waiting around time :)

We charge £230+VAT fully stripped and powdercoated, includes new valve and rebalance. If you were to drive down, we'll make yours a priority to reduce your waiting around time :)

That is a bloody good price for such a quick turnaround, I may have to give you a visit someday.

The carbon looks good too, anything else getting dipped? The center console? ;)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I was in Rayleigh today should have popped in and said hello. But didn't know where you was lol.