ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updated 5 series thread

Iceberg 172 Cup
A little update from last time, got the bumpers painted, also silver diffuser painted, proper chrome front kidney grilles and did a full detail the other day, wheels have been painted again since these pictures!

Mind the flies on the car it was heathing with them!

Wheels need balancing tommorrow again!!

Thanks.

DSCF3773.jpg

DSCF3767.jpg

DSCF3766.jpg

DSCF3767-1.jpg

DSCF3770.jpg

DSCF3779.jpg

DSCF3782.jpg

DSCF3784.jpg

DSCF3786.jpg

DSCF3790.jpg

DSCF3791.jpg

DSCF3795.jpg

DSCF3803.jpg

DSCF3796.jpg

DSCF3808.jpg

DSCF3809.jpg

DSCF3813.jpg

DSCF3818.jpg

DSCF3843.jpg

DSCF3853.jpg

Thanks.

Iceberg 172 Cup
LEDs = LOL

Apart from that, no bad.

Ano what your saying, theres a very fine line between being terrible and being able to pull it off with DRL's. It was a toss up as BMW only use their angel eyes as DRL's but as its pre-LCI these are not so bright.

I saw a Saxo with DRL's yesterday and i nrly cried but as i said i think driving is alot safer.

Also you can have them fitted at BMW for a sum around £1200 and are basically retrofitted just like these i believe. They are also coded to the car.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'd rather just drive with my lights on, and that's exactly what I do. But yeah, each to their own.

Mini Cooper S
Car looks 10x better than it did in the other pictures. Private plate would help it's age.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Why lie then?

A derv would be my choice in such a big car.

you must have got over that by now? surely? i got banned from the forum for a month for no reason, by some kid down at halfords in corton wood. >feirny< sp?! yes i agree, the diesel's are fantastic, if i could have afforded one at the time i'd probably have had one, on the other side of things, this is pretty much my weekend car as i use my transit for pottering around in, in the week.

My mileage is less than 4k/year in this, so a diesel, well, i just wouldnt do it justice, they need to be used. Hence why i bought the 520i, it's still a 6 cyclinder so does sound beautiful above 3500rpm.

Thanks.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Car looks 10x better than it did in the other pictures. Private plate would help it's age.

Thanks! hmmmm.... i know, its on the cards, just at the minute it's on the back burner. Saw one that was perfect and was only £145.00 lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Much improved with the wheels and paint.

The pearl necklaces dont suit it.Daytime running lights were never on any car from that year.OEM ones on real cars are the only ones that should have them.

Swift Sport
Does look better tbf, not sure what some of your 'photography' shots are all about mind.

As others have said, looks fine now bar the DRL's IMO.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Looks soooo much better but those DRLs are gay as f*ck. Proper try hard. Ruins what is a nice car.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Much improved with the wheels and paint.

The pearl necklaces dont suit it.Daytime running lights were never on any car from that year.OEM ones on real cars are the only ones that should have them.

Sorry about the size, but here in my 2003 iDrive......

285630228_BEMfo-O.jpg

Ahh I see. I do like the look of angel eyes on the Bimmers especially with the orange 'eyebrow' thingy lol.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks better, but agree with most about the DRLs.
Still think the wheels look a little too small. Stick some x5's on there and get bags :D

Suzuki Jimny
Any pictures of the whole car?

Bit of a strange choice as a weekend only car, surely a caterham type car would be better?

260% JCW
Sorry about the size, but here in my 2003 iDrive......

285630228_BEMfo-O.jpg

Car looks ok for a bus, but as said the Ripspeed DRL look pap.

In that menu you've selected Day time running lights, which in turn has opened the folder and given you the option of Pathway lighting right?

If so most BMWs have this ability, by which i mean the length of time your sidelights stay on after opening the car? Also DRL do not require your sidelights to be on, as yours appear to do so. In which case they're not really DRL, they're just ect sidelights.

It looks like a bogo 5 series, so without the engine it does nothing for me. But I'm sure the step up from a Clio was worth the spend. Enjoy.

Last edited:
  Iceberg 172 Cup
It looks like a bogo 5 series, so without the engine it does nothing for me. But I'm sure the step up from a Clio was worth the spend. Enjoy.

It isn't a step up mate, i've had this for a few years now, i just love 5 series but as i said i barely use it. I bought a 172 a few months back and also a 182 cup in RB just for a bit of fun.... i still use this and the clio though at the same time. But when winter comes this comes off the road and makes way for a Discovery to thrash around in, in the Peaks.

Christ, about the same money as my S3 is worth. If I wanted such a barge, they're an amazing option!